• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Fool's Gold: A hack of Crystal where everything is familiar, yet different...

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
Years
  • Hi there! I'm absolutely LOVING the game, even caught two shinies so far! However, I got stuck for some reason.

After I talked to Jasmine in the lighthouse, I got to Cianwood and the pharmacist only offers to sell me stuff, with no mention of the sick Pokémon. Is this a known glitch? What should I do? Thanks in advance!

Beat Chuck first.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2023
    Hey how do I get into Cerulean Cave? I want to farm chansey for exp to get my team on level with kanto, but can't find the entrance

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • Hey how do I get into Cerulean Cave? I want to farm chansey for exp to get my team on level with kanto, but can't find the entrance

You have to beat Red first

Also, I you want to farm exp from Chansey, you can also use Mt. Silver's cave (the dark portion) to find them.

There's a whole Wiki that explains all types of things about this hack too.

https://foolsgold.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • My I ask when do I find a Dusk Stone?

After you defeated Pryce, go through a cave in Cianwood and once you reached the shore, surf west until you find a Whirlpool.

Use the corresponding move to clear the whirlpool and go into the building.

The scientist will sell you Dusk Stones there along with Dawn and Gaia Stone

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    Hello, I'm playing the game currently and I am stuck in Kanto in Cerulean City after getting the water badge from Misty because I seem to have an important item bug that doesn't allow me to access them anymore...it happened after I encountered the Rocket Grunt and battled him for the missing Machine Part...was i supposed to get it BEFORE battling Misty?
    I can't access now any of the key items of my bag, bicycle included...has anyone encountered this kind of bug before? Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

• Pokémon Fool's Gold: A hack of Crystal where everything is familiar, yet different...
      Screenshot_2022-12-31-18-59-10-904_com.johnemulators.johngbac.jpg
      132.6 KB · Views: 12
    Last edited:

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • Hello, I'm playing the game currently and I am stuck in Kanto in Cerulean City after getting the water badge from Misty because I seem to have an important item bug that doesn't allow me to access them anymore...it happened after I encountered the Rocket Grunt and battled him for the missing Machine Part...was i supposed to get it BEFORE battling Misty?
    I can't access now any of the key items of my bag, bicycle included...has anyone encountered this kind of bug before? Thanks a lot in advance!

Yeah, that is pretty interesting. This bug happened to me when I was using my bugged save on the latest version of 1.30. It's trivial, but I can relate.

Anyway, you ARE suppose to return the machine part before fighting Misty. That's what happens in the vanilla game, so this was probably an oversight on the Developer(s) part.

Blue Suede Goo

A hunk o' hunk o' Burning clay
    Years
  • A friend of mine made this work of art.

It's quite big so I added that spoiler tag thingamajig to avoid talking up tons of space.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • The spritework in this hack is top tier, and all the people who worked on this, should be very proud of the beautiful game they made, like holy crap... what a fantastic experience. You never realize how difficult some games are until your brain goes "wait a minute... I can't do that!"

Back