• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Game Features

Trainer Matt

PokéFriend!
Years
  • Most (if not all of us) played or continue to play the main series Pokémon games. I'd imagine that a fair few of the members here started way back with the first generation and have bought the games religiously and are still playing now that we've come as far as Black and White 2. What I'm curious to know is, with all of your experience playing Pokémon games, what features would you like to see that you feel would enhance the game experience?

Personally, I'd like to see the player able to make more decisions that affect the world within the game. The differences between any two versions of a generation always struck me as somewhat minimal. The stories are extremely linear, also. I'd like to be able to compare my choices with my friends, and see how their world was affected as a result. Obviously, your decisions would have no effect on your ability to trade, battle or participate in multiplayer events, so I always wonder why they don't take it up a notch.

(This is where I find out that in Black and White 2, this is exactly what you get. I made the mistake of putting it on my Christmas list, therefore I am forbidden to purchase it without facing demonic wrath.)

So, yeah, ideas?

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • I think the opportunity to be a gym leader or like head of a facility would be cool. Obviously that would take away from the traditional Pokemon experience, but I think it could work. I agree with you on the plots though. Very straight forward with little room for your own characterization.

Trainer Matt

PokéFriend!
    Years
  • I think the opportunity to be a gym leader or like head of a facility would be cool. Obviously that would take away from the traditional Pokemon experience, but I think it could work. I agree with you on the plots though. Very straight forward with little room for your own characterization.

That could work! I can imagine being able to design your own Pokémon Gym in the style of the secret bases from Ruby/Sapphire. I'd imagine that you wouldn't be able to incorporate puzzles like some of the existing gyms, but it doesn't matter when you're only playing against npcs. It'd be an extremely cool way to continue making battling a challenge, otherwise how would anyone get their hands on a badge? I think a lot could be done with that idea!

Back