• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Event: Pokémon Game Jams (music + game-making idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigmaSeed

Six Sigma
    Years
    I feel like it could be neat if the forum had a game jam. Maybe one between Mystic, Valor, and Instinct fans or groups based on favorite starter. As with Ludum Dare, nobody would know the theme until the event starts and each group is given the same amount of time to work on their projects. I was also thinking that it could happen at each season start, or each equinox maybe.

SigmaSeed

Six Sigma
    Years
    Hello! If possible, can you elaborate on this? I think you might have posted in the wrong section, but I want to make sure before I move the thread.

No problem. I was talking about making a few groups and putting forum members in those groups, then introducing a theme and have each group make a game based on said theme, and the community can vote on which they think is best.

SigmaSeed

Six Sigma
    Years
    When you say game, do you mean a Pokémon game specifically or just a game in general? As with the latter I don't think there are many users who will be able to produce a game, whereas we do have a section for Pokémon fangames/hacks in which people may be able to come up with something.

I originally meant a game in general, though a hack specific event would be fine.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    We literally just held a Game Jam (which wasn't well participated in) and there is more coming in due time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back