• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: HalfMoon Version

Sonikku17

Wanderer
Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2015
    Hello there, I'm Sonikku17! I'm a huge fan of Pokémon, and I've been playing the games for over ten years. I've been hacking on and off for about a year now, but I just recently decided to post what I've been working on. Please tell me what you think, compliments and criticisms are welcome!

Pokémon HalfMoon Version

Pokémon: HalfMoon Version

Story

In the Getsu Region, there exists a legend of two Pokémon; One only emerges during each new moon. The other will only appear during a full moon. The former's presence is said to cause people and Pokémon alike to fall into a deep, nightmarish sleep, whilst the second produces pleasant and joyful dreams. These two Pokémon have the power to control the slumbering subconscious, each balancing out the influence of the other, and since they rarely appear simultaneously, this balance is always ensured throughout the land...

Your whole life, you have been eagerly awaiting the day that you finally become a Pokémon Trainer and take the Pokémon League challenge. Having grown up in Prism Town living next door to the current Getsu Region Champion, Weiss, you have been influenced to some day become a legendary Trainer capable of fighting on par with your neighbor. And now, finally, that day has arrived! After picking up your first Pokémon from the world-renowned Pokémon researcher, Professor Evergreen, you set off into Prism Cave to begin your journey. However, your path through the cave is blocked off by a couple of strange-looking thugs that claim to be from an organization called "Team Lunar." Your adventure is about to begin full-force, and along the way, you'll gain many friends, face powerful foes, forge unexpected rivalries, and ultimately unravel the plot of the syndicate known as Team Lunar.

Features

• A brand new storyline that takes place in the mysterious Getsu Region. Features new player characters, eight original Gym Leaders, and a brand new villainous team that has gathered associates from around the entire Pokémon World!
    • Many recurring characters, some familiar and some new. Expect to have formed a solid "party" of allies by the end of the game!
    • All 386 Pokémon up to Generation III are available in game, as well as several Generation IV Pokémon (including the five forms of Rotom), and two Generation V Pokémon (try and guess which ones ;D)
    • New tiles and overworlds
    • Visits to the Orre Region

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Tiles- Aljam
    D/P Font- diegoisawesome
    D/P Text Box- UltramasterBDX
    Hackmew for various tools/tutorials used
    JPAN for the hacked engine

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Story is good but should be more elaborate
    the titlescreen needs improvements(specially the borders it doesn't match with black background)

Overall screenshots are pretty nice specially the overworlds
    Good luck with the hack

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    looks good. i like how orre is involved.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Ooh this looks interesting.

like someone said, the titlescreen is good but the top bar should be the same colour as the top bar.

And the Hero OW would look better with a different colour headband, with a bit of shading on it. There is so much black it makes it look a bit too 2D.

On the screenshot the OW of the green haired people look like kids, are they meant to?

Hope progress is going well and goodluck ^^

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • this is really good and also im good at beta testing I do it with my hack :) PM me if you want me to beta test or insert OWs make maps etc.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I like the overworld. Most of my complains about this were already mentioned. Interesting hack you have there :)

Years
  • I think in the titel screen there should be a moon but I can see only white clouds. The story is good. New tiles are very nice, may be you should add some grass path and building. OW is fine. Good luck

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I'm impressed with the Zoroa overworld, this is a hack I'll keep looking back to. One question, it's probably just me; but, the Hero's overworld to me looks like Naruto in his Shippuden clothes.

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
  • I like the ideas for this hack but, almost all of the Ows look weird, like if their hair is glowin XD, anyway, I really like this, hope to see more :D

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • • All 386 Pokémon up to Generation III are available in game, as well as several Generation IV Pokémon (including the five forms of Rotom), and two Generation V Pokémon (try and guess which ones ;D)

Especially since there are ONLY TWO KNOWN CURRENTLY!!!!!

Also, we don't know what kind of stats they have or there movesets, and we will not know until we get the 5th gen games.....​

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
    Years
  • Darkrai, Cresselia and an evil team? It sounds recurring.
    I mean it is a standard hack- a team tryin' to take over the world.
    If you want it to be a success, you better introduce something unique.
    Anyways, the Half-Moon idea was original. One positive point.
    But the hero's hair is too bright. You may want to change it.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Looks a little like HGSS
    with most people with pokémon outside of balls

(Y) keep it up

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • your title screen is cool I like the whole Zorua/Zoroark thing but like many others I am concerned on what your going to make their movesets and base stats
    in the screens I like the houses in the one beside the one with the Zorua sprite I will be watching this hack and waiting for a beta and a support bar and maybe some more info/Screens
    good luck

Back