• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Jewel

What Pokémon should get a "regional variants that have adapted to the cold nature of the regio

• The gen 5 starters (Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott)

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Pidgey

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Zubat

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Growlithe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Magnemite

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Nidoran

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Geodude

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • After being away from romhacking for about a year or so, I have finally returned with a brand new (in progress) romhack of Emerald called Pokémon Jewel.

Pokemon Jewel

Notes: This version ends right after the first gym.
    Also. I accidentally posted the poll above before finishing it (and for some reason I can't edit it), but atleast all the choices I wanted are there. I guess we'll have to deal with the unfinished sentence and grammar errors. The correct name for the pull would be (What Pokémon should get a "regional variant that has adapted to the cold nature of this region").

Features:
    - A whole new region.
    - Custom regional Pokédex.
    - Pokémon from gen 1-7 so far.
    - The gen 5 starters (Might change in the future. Maybe I'll make regional forms of them or something.)
    - The Pokeemerald-expansion that includes Dizzyegg's Battle Engine V2 (an updated battle engine that includes the Physical/Special split and so much more!)
    - Music from the gen 4 and gen 5 games.
    - Regional variants of Pokémon that have adapted to the cold nature of the region.
    - Soft Level caps, so that you won't get to accidentally overlevel too much
    - And more to come!

Some story:
    So far the story is kinda lacking and is kinda standard right now, but standard = good. Right?
    What I do have for the story though is that:
    The main character has lived most of their life at their grandparents place in a small snowy town.
    Their only wish was to get their own Pokémon!

Bugs and that kinda stuff:
    - The back sprite for the male main character needs to be changed (right now it's just the old brendan back sprite with a wrong palette)

Download: Pokémon Jewel 0.1.2
    (this links to a google drive since the .bps file is over the upload limit on this website)

Discord:
    Discord Link

Pokémon Jewel

Pokémon Jewel

Pictures:
    Spoiler:

Map Stitch:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Soft EXP Level Caps
    Pokeemerald-expansion
    Quest Menu
    Sideways stairs
    POKEDEXPLUS IN HGSS STYLE
    Nicknaming as an option in the Pokémon Party Screen
    Pokemon Overworlds gen 1-7
    Dynamic OW
    Music Expansion
    Rival Nickname

Attachments

• Pokémon Jewel
      pokeemerald-0.png
      20.4 KB · Views: 536
    • Pokémon Jewel
      pokeemerald-1.png
      17.5 KB · Views: 522
    • Pokémon Jewel
      pokeemerald-2.png
      9.4 KB · Views: 519
    • Pokémon Jewel
      pokeemerald-3.png
      15.8 KB · Views: 381
    • Pokémon Jewel
      pokeemerald-4.png
      22.5 KB · Views: 382
    • Pokémon Jewel
      pokeemerald-5.png
      151.5 KB · Views: 397
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    - Regional variants of Pokémon that have adapted to the cold nature of the region.

hum, this sounds good to me

Years
  • Pokémon Jewel 0.1.1 (small update)
    - No new content added, but the pokedex has been upgraded with TheXaman's HGSS style pokedex
    - Snow in the overworld works

Years
  • Pokémon Jewel 0.1.2 (Music + Small story update)
    - Using CyanSMP64's music expansion there will now be music from Heartgold/Soulsilver and Black/White in the game
    - I'm also using TheXaman's Pokemon Overworlds

Years
  • Seems like the starters have gotten the most votes on the vote thingy (and I've already started somewhat on one of them) so that'll probably be what I do

Back