• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Jupiter Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muriyashi

caffeine-junkie
Years
  • Also, could you do me an Ivan, Felix, and possibly an edit of Picard (Piers)? I'm pretty content with my Sheba but if you want to change her as well, that's fine. You have a great talent for this whole spriting thing.

Thanks, i'll do them as soon as i can. Btw, are you planning to use Fei-zhi somewhere?
    (if you were still looking for a female player i'd suggested her)

nofamenogame

POKEMON WRATH OF GREATNESS
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2012
    would felix be in this i would love to see him in this hes such a cool character

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Thanks, i'll do them as soon as i can. Btw, are you planning to use Fei-zhi somewhere?
    (if you were still looking for a female player i'd suggested her)
    Already using Hama for this, but I think I could make her play a minor role. Hama makes more sense IMHO, considering she's related to Ivan and all.

And yes, Felix is the fourth Gym Leader. He uses Grass Types and gives you the Briar Badge.

Muriyashi

caffeine-junkie
    Years
  • Ok here are Ivan and Sheba for now. I haven't changed much on Ivan because you've aldready done a good job on him. In return i had to change Sheba's clothes completely and i've also corrected her hairstyle a bit.

Muriyashi

caffeine-junkie
    Years
  • Oh.. yep, i think they called her Cosma (i personally prefer that name too), because if you hear Sheba you always think of this cat-food label ^^' ...yeah i really think that was the reason. Why they had to call Piers Aaron i don't know.
    (unfortunately i can't post links yet -_-)

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Piers is actually a form of Peter I think. I call him Picard (if you could even go that far, you would have noticed. I think there's a book somewhere that mentions his name as "Picard" and not "Piers" though). Sheba comes from (I think) Sheba from the Bible... but I'm no Bible expert. Although we are seriously getting off topic. (Land of Kuchen made me think too XD)

I added Tremor. I'm thinking about adding this script to certain bookshelves/other high unreachable places:
    Code:
    #org 0xscriptpartone
    '---------------------
    lockall
    checkattack 0xTremor
    compare LASTRESULT 0x6
    if 0x1 goto 0xNotremor
    setanimation 0x0 LASTRESULT
    bufferpokemon2 0x0 LASTRESULT
    bufferattack 0x1 0xTremor
    msgbox 0xSpeak1 '"There is a raging waterfall of sand..."
    callstd 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
    if 0x1 goto 0xTremor
    msgbox 0xSpeak2 '"[buffer1] used [buffer2]."
    callstd 0x4
    closeonkeypress
    doanimation 0x28
    waitstate
    applymovement [itemball's sprite number] 0xNotgiven
    waitmovement 0x0
    end
    '-----------------------
    #org 0xNotremor
    msgbox 0xSpeak3 '"There is a raging waterfall of sand..."
    callstd 0x3
    releaseall
    end
    '-----------------------
    #org 0xTremor
    closeonkeypress
    releaseall
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0xSpeak1
    = There is an item up there!\nIt seems to high to reach.\pUse TREMOR?
    #org 0xSpeak2
    = [buffer1] used [buffer2].
    #org 0xSpeak3
    = There is an item up there!\nIt seems to high to reach.
    May add some more to it later. Basically, after using Tremor, the item will fall off of the object.

Muriyashi

caffeine-junkie
    Years
  • Yeah i know his japanese name is Picard. But i guess they were confined to 5 letters, so they had to come up with something else. (Same with Gerald, Jasmine and so on)
    Well here are Picard and Felix. (i just updated your Picard again)
    Do you still need any sprites? (maybe some trainers as well)

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Great work as always, Muriyashi.

Er... if you want, you can redo any of the sprites I inserted in the game (Mythbusters, John McCain, Barack Obama ect.).

Also don't forget that I also need a Yuber. My sprite looks fat, but it's not in this release. I can provide it if you want, but I really don't want to, unless you REEEEAAALLY need it.

Second Pokecommunity Release will most likely be in the second week of May. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2009
    Lawl I know that person that made this hack.

Yes, Charon, I followed you here from GSR!

Also, Jupiter looks pretty good so far. You have to finish it soon!

I might even get into hacking...^^

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • No wai it's Cena *big GSR hug*

Great news! I've updated the soundtrack (again) and now over half of the songs sound EXACTLY like the Golden Sun Counterparts!... AND HAMSTOOTH IS ANIMATED. W00t.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • he great hack i love pokem on and i loved golden sun but in this hack there where many bugs like when i got in some houses i got to this map where there onlky where trees and i couldnt get back and when i was trying to enter cycling road i got on an map like an mountain and i couldnt get back either and because of that i needed to restart many times because i didnt save

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Great! I've fixed most of the errors. Now for any (simple) requests.

Also, I'm posting the original thread about Pokemon Jupiter for those who are curious over the project in its earlier stages.

I am also requesting some spritework. I need anyone to help me do some overworld sprites. Please remember that human overworld sprites are 16x32 pixels and have 16 colours, 15 plus a transparent colour. Also, please try to save the file in the 16 colour format. Saves a hell of a lot of work.

Anyhow, I would like someone to sprite overworlds for this character:
    Pokémon Jupiter Version

Yes, that's the female lead, Hannah. If you could get this done ASAP, that would be wonderful.

And where did Muriyashi go?... I still needed spritework o_o

Last edited by a moderator:

Soldiers of Filth

Semi-Pro Band Promoter and Art
    Years
  • lol i had a glitch where i had 6 lvl 100 MISSINGNOS. in my box. epic win. jk i released em. im not that big of an idiot lol. amazing hack Jupiter! cannot WAIT for it to get finished. when that day comes, it will be amazing. There are a few hacks. The doorway --> glitch city one i believe has already been covered, as well as the back Animations and the MISSINGNOS. and the dude with the lvl 36 phanphy. i like how u got all the Legendaries jus sittin there XD

Edit: 5th GL wont talk to me. dont understand why. thank you

Last edited:

Soldiers of Filth

Semi-Pro Band Promoter and Art
    Years
  • like in unreachable areas. like (i cant remember your town names atm sorry, so ill use ruby names) between Mauville and Dewford (i think. been so long since i played ruby) u can see Cybele :P ill screen cap and post in edit tomorrow when i get home from school. and in the fire cave place you can see another one on a ledge thats unreachable. and one more thing. did u plan for the master ball to just be laying around? XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back