• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Legacy of Flaratryx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

The Living Legend
Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Made in RMXP

This is my Pokémon fangame. However, unlike the majority of fangames around here, I've tried using the Pokemon idea but giving it a different, yet similar, look and feel about it. So, rather than having it seem like every other fangame out there, I've tried to make it stand out from the crowd. This includes using graphics that haven't been ripped from the Pokémon games, including a few custom buildings and objects from the awesome Kyledove.

Features

-150 Pokemon from all four generations, including custom ones.
    -CBS
    -Original CMS
    -Storyline focused gameplay
    -Multiple sidequests and minigames

Prologue

A mysterious poison pollutes the lakes, ponds and rivers of the beautiful region of Thaio. Innocent Pokémon are being infected with the potentially fatal ailment and the brightest researchers in the region are struggling to come up with a cure for these Pokemon, and the region's nature guards are dumbfounded as to the cause of the sudden influx of this pollution.

Giovanni of Team rocket, however, is oddly excited about the situation. Bragging to his assistants that their manufactured antidote is the only cure. And with it being in such huge demand, he's set to earn a fortune off it by charging desperate trainers extortionate prices to heal their beloved Pokémon.

Prof. Keogh, on the other hand, believes the only cure is to awaken the legendary, mythical, Phoenix Pokémon Flaratryx, whose teardrops are capable of cleaning entire lakes of their pollution. His hopes lie on the region's strongest trainers and adventurers to work together to locate and awaken this legend.

Sixteen year old Damien/Madison looks on helplessly in the small and quaint Farebloom Town as his idol and neighbour, Prof. Keogh works around the clock, knowing there's nothing he could do to help..Or is there?

Screenshots

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Nice game i like your graphics but i don't think the Pokemon style trainers go well with them also the storyline is good but could still be improved on, but maby i just think that because you put so little detail into it
    anyway keep up the good work

Oh can you please say which program your makeing this with

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Myself said:
    Made in RMXP
    It's in the second line of the post.

And it's a prologue, it's supposed to give you the basic background story of the game without revealing the actual gameplay details. Most games do that.

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    I think so. It was in a movie, wasn't it? The one with Celebi.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • Well this is certainly the most original game I have seen in a long time Graphics-Wise. No complaints about the story-line either or the systems, apart from the System Graphics could stand to look a bit more like the tile sets.

Basically... FLAWLESS VICTORY. *Chuckle*

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Looks rather cool. I like the way you used what looks like tiles from the Mana games. It is different. The menu system is in the style of ranger, thats cool, but how do you know which slot you have selected? I see no cursor, or highlighted circle.
    Got any screens of the CBS?

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Well this is certainly the most original game I have seen in a long time Graphics-Wise. No complaints about the story-line either or the systems, apart from the System Graphics could stand to look a bit more like the tile sets.

Basically... FLAWLESS VICTORY. *Chuckle*
    Yeah, I'll make the colours brighter. I actually made the menu graphics a while before I made the tileset, since the menu was the first thing I started working on.
    Looks rather cool. I like the way you used what looks like tiles from the Mana games. It is different. The menu system is in the style of ranger, thats cool, but how do you know which slot you have selected? I see no cursor, or highlighted circle.
    Got any screens of the CBS?
    The graphics aren't from the Mana games. I can't remember the exact games I ripped them from, but it was one of the more obscure GBA games that most people wouldn't even bother taking graphics from, which is why I did it. The only problem being that the amount of graphics are very limited, so a lot of customising and editting is needed to get a varied amount of tiles.

With the menu, as you press left or right, the icons will rotate round accordingly. The icon at the top of the circle is the active one, and the description at the bottom left hand corner tells you which icon is active, too.

The battle system screens will be coming shortly. Though, I'd rather show a video than screens, but we'll see. The reason I've not had any in the first post is because I'm working on the battle background and I want the Pokemon Selection system to at least be functional, so I can show that off too.

Thanks for the input, guys. It's appreciated.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Yeah, that makes sense, having the system functional before showing it off. Thanks for clearing that up about the menu, I'm sure it looks great in motion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back