• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Well like I said, if you need help getting the music done, I can help out with that sort of thing.

Pingouin_7

But you don't need internet to play an emulator!

You just need an USB key, download the game at another computer and play it on yours.

Years
  • how am i going to download when it comes out???
    its going down maybe next week
    Goto your friends house' put the ips on a memory storage device, take it to your comp.
    All my games are on my PSP, so I use a memory stick to hold my roms.

thanks guys. i have to say that th beta is actully ready. i'm holding it back for a bit incase i missed something or have any last minute ideas. i still have 1-2 songs to do but they could possibly wait till next beta. stay tuned

link
    It's Ready and your holding it back!
    Kirby and I are so so pissed!:pink_pissed::pink_pissed::pink_pissed::pink_pissed::pink_pissed::pink_pissed::pink_pissed::pink_pissed:

Nah, JK, take your time, but I want an early Christmas gift if possible!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Liquid Crystal looks so good! I really wish it were here sooner, but yes, you should take your time. This is a good game and I hope you finish it perfectly. And, by looking at the screenshots, I think you don't have far to go before you finish the Johto region.

One question: When you do an in game save (e.g. start-->save), I've noticed that in other FireRed hacks, the game won't save this way, therefore, when you finish the Pokemon League, you have to start the game all over. Is this the same problem in Pokemon Liquid Crystal?

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • Liquid Crystal looks so good! I really wish it were here sooner, but yes, you should take your time. This is a good game and I hope you finish it perfectly. And, by looking at the screenshots, I think you don't have far to go before you finish the Johto region.

One question: When you do an in game save (e.g. start-->save), I've noticed that in other FireRed hacks, the game won't save this way, therefore, when you finish the Pokemon League, you have to start the game all over. Is this the same problem in Pokemon Liquid Crystal?

That's not the fault of Fire Red, it is the fault of the user playing the game.
    For every pokemon game/rom, you first need to change the save type to 128kb.
    After that, you can play the game with the normal save.
    Warning: Don't use a save state that used the other save type, or you will have to delete the.sav file again. So start a fresh game WITHOUT a .sav file.

Pingouin_7

how am i going to download when it comes out???
    its going down maybe next week

-_- I'm not even going to answer this question. This is easily answered if you read my post...

Dirk: You only need to do that with Fire-Red/Leaf-Green. I never encountered any problem with the others.

And why do people make hacks of Red/Gold/Ruby/Fire-Red but not hacks of Blue/Silver/Sapphire/Leaf-Green? Every hack I see seems to be of Red/Gold/Ruby or Fire-Red but not the other!

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • -_- I'm not even going to answer this question. This is easily answered if you read my post...

Dirk: You only need to do that with Fire-Red/Leaf-Green. I never encountered any problem with the others.

And why do people make hacks of Red/Gold/Ruby/Fire-Red but not hacks of Blue/Silver/Sapphire/Leaf-Green? Every hack I see seems to be of Red/Gold/Ruby or Fire-Red but not the other!

Well there are more tools for the games people hack more of..rather than the ones people don't. You forget most hackers rely on tools. Most of them don't understand hex very well. If everyone could understand hex, I'm sure people would hack games like sapphire.

Oh and Kebs95, Johto was completed a lond time ago now xD
    we're doing kanto now :P

To everyone else, I did more remixes.

Rival Battle - http://midishrine.com/midi/26084.mid
    Dragons den - http://midishrine.com/midi/26085.mid
    Rocket Hideout - http://midishrine.com/midi/26086.mid
    Rocket Battle - http://midishrine.com/midi/26087.mid

enjoy

Ill Improve the music I know not all sound perfect yet :P

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • I was never too fussed about music to be honest as on pc I tend to turn off or I don't bother on GBA but hearing new stuff is always good :)

Soo close to BETA, early Christmas Pressie :D

Years
  • Looks good!
    Though I've yet to understand how scripting works...0_0 my brain fries every time I try it.

Anyway, lloking forward to this^^

Stacey_Sydystik

Zeikku's Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    Wow this looks good linkand zelda and jake! I'm rooting for you both. Hopefully this exceeds shiny golds partial originality. I know you both have planned events very carefully :) xx

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Well like I said, if you need help getting the music done, I can help out with that sort of thing.

thankyou. i'd prefer if we can discuse more over msn? if thats possible?

my internet is going to be taken for some time.... im not going to play this for a long time... : (

aww. thats too bad dude. sorry to hear that.

Well there are more tools for the games people hack more of..rather than the ones people don't. You forget most hackers rely on tools. Most of them don't understand hex very well. If everyone could understand hex, I'm sure people would hack games like sapphire.

Oh and Kebs95, Johto was completed a lond time ago now xD
    we're doing kanto now :P

To everyone else, I did more remixes.

Rival Battle - http://midishrine.com/midi/26084.mid
    Dragons den - http://midishrine.com/midi/26085.mid
    Rocket Hideout - http://midishrine.com/midi/26086.mid
    Rocket Battle - http://midishrine.com/midi/26087.mid

enjoy

Ill Improve the music I know not all sound perfect yet :P

thanks zeikku. after these are inserted the beta will be ready. i found a couple more bugs so they are fixed.

I was never too fussed about music to be honest as on pc I tend to turn off or I don't bother on GBA but hearing new stuff is always good :)

Soo close to BETA, early Christmas Pressie :D

tbh i love the music side of pokemon although i do play it sometimes with no sound.

Looks good!
    Though I've yet to understand how scripting works...0_0 my brain fries every time I try it.

Anyway, lloking forward to this^^

xd. scripting is easy for me. dont know why it just is lol

Wow this looks good linkand zelda and jake! I'm rooting for you both. Hopefully this exceeds shiny golds partial originality. I know you both have planned events very carefully :) xx

thanks.

update: beta release soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know i said that a few days ago but im busy and dont have much time to hack. after those 4 tracks are inserted its time for a release.
    stay tuned.

btw the beta will be hosted on my site wich i will link to (lol "link" to... bad joke ¬_¬)

link

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2009
    On the contrary..
    To everyone who plays hacks on the PSP rather than on the computer, I'm sure they would agree that the inclusion of custom music is VERY important.

Especially to enhance the nostalgic feel.

Good work guys, I hope to play this sometime very soon.

Magnius

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    thankyou. i'd prefer if we can discuse more over msn? if thats possible?

aww. thats too bad dude. sorry to hear that.

thanks zeikku. after these are inserted the beta will be ready. i found a couple more bugs so they are fixed.

tbh i love the music side of pokemon although i do play it sometimes with no sound.

xd. scripting is easy for me. dont know why it just is lol

thanks.

update: beta release soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know i said that a few days ago but im busy and dont have much time to hack. after those 4 tracks are inserted its time for a release.
    stay tuned.

btw the beta will be hosted on my site wich i will link to (lol "link" to... bad joke ¬_¬)

link
    Completely possible. Check my GSC remake topic, it has most of my remixes. Unfortunately Sappy stopped working for me, so you'd have to actually test them in game.

Here's a nearly finished "Dark Cave" remixed I recently finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IggSyx1IYw

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • lol magnius, me and LaZ were talking about redoing dark cave :P
    nice job you did, the one I did sounds like an epic phail.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • I just hope the beta does not have many glitches, as I will be playing this on my DS when my 3in1 arrives, either way I am very excited about the beta, good job to everyone working on this and good luck.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • On the contrary..
    To everyone who plays hacks on the PSP rather than on the computer, I'm sure they would agree that the inclusion of custom music is VERY important.

Especially to enhance the nostalgic feel.

Good work guys, I hope to play this sometime very soon.

tottally aggreed. i test this on psp so i know what you mean.

Completely possible. Check my GSC remake topic, it has most of my remixes. Unfortunately Sappy stopped working for me, so you'd have to actually test them in game.

Here's a nearly finished "Dark Cave" remixed I recently finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IggSyx1IYw

thanks. that sounds awseome.

I just hope the beta does not have many glitches, as I will be playing this on my DS when my 3in1 arrives, either way I am very excited about the beta, good job to everyone working on this and good luck.

well there shouldnt be any glitches that stop gameplay. there could be some that havent been found yet though.

update: havent had much time to hack so yea lol thats the update. all thats left is 4 tracks to be put in. then its release time.

link

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    update: havent had much time to hack so yea lol thats the update. all thats left is 4 tracks to be put in. then its release time.

link

Good luck with inserting the music
    I will play this on m PSP as well so it's great of ou not to give us fans a half baked job
    It's dedication like this that makes hacks great
    Can't Wait!

Mac_Mini (Yes I'm copying you)

Magnius

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    tottally aggreed. i test this on psp so i know what you mean.

thanks. that sounds awseome.

well there shouldnt be any glitches that stop gameplay. there could be some that havent been found yet though.

link
    yeah, if I gave you the completed midi could you test that for me? Sappy won't assemble for me anymore. BTW, which 4 tracks? I could probably help with them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back