• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Will it at least be released within this week? XD

I'd really like to play it for Christmas -- and maybe even get a video walkthrough started for it since I've played the original Crystal SO many times.
    This is my favorite game, ever. Better than the originals, better than D/P. It's just amazing. You rock so much :)

Last edited:

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • Will it at least be released within this week? XD

I'd really like to play it for Christmas -- and maybe even get a video walkthrough started for it since I've played the original Crystal SO many times.
    This is my favorite game, ever. Better than the originals, better than D/P. It's just amazing. You rock so much :)

crystal was my favorite too, although it had the least improvements over the previous 2 versions of any third game, it just shows how good the 2nd gen was.

Anyway, will the safari zone be in?
    will the gym leaders be re-challangeable?
    will the e4 get stronger?
    will there be minigames?
    will the trainer tower be in?
    will you be able to pick one of the r/b/fr/lg starters when you get to pallet town?
    will you over write the 25 ?? pokemon?
    if so, will they be fakemon or sinnoh pokemon?
    will the battle tower be in?
    will the johto starters learn the elemental hyper beams?
    will there be new moves?
    will there be new types?
    will you change the ??? type to a new type?
    will the bug catching contest be in?
    will you need to catch all three "dogs" to get ho-oh?
    will you add events to kanto?
    will there be new above water towns?

An idea I had for a mini game was to basically remake the minigame from the original legend of zelda, you know the one where the guy says "lets play money making game"

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Ah man, I'm dying to play the beta. I know it's going to be good, keep up the good work!:)

thanks. im hoping people will enjoy it.

Will it at least be released within this week? XD

yes a release in this week... like in about 2-3 hours maybe? video walkthrough you say? you mean for this? you will make?

i havent done much since my last update. had to have a 3 hour family dinner :P

im back to work now so keep a lookout for a release.

link

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Wow.. So this will be up by tommorow?
    If so, this will be the FIRST thing on my agenda when I get home from school.
    And, maybe, I might do a Playthrough of this after I finish my current Youtube projects, instead of that PMD1 playthrough I was planning..
    Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    thanks. im hoping people will enjoy it.
    yes a release in this week... like in about 2-3 hours maybe? video walkthrough you say? you mean for this? you will make?

Definetly. I might do it once I start on the game. Maybe not though. But yah I have the tools, and was going to do one for ShinyGold, but that was already covered and thought I might as well do one for this one seeing as it was coming soon.

I know too much about the 2nd generation games -- unless you put in something that changes the game entirely the walkthrough should be a snap. Depending if you don't mind the game being on youtube or not of course >.>

edit: If you're saying it's released in 2-3 ours then that really is bad for me XD
    Survivor is coming on and it's a season finale. Oh well though. A day doesn't kill.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    Wow! All of this anticipation and it's going to be released anytime! I'm definitely staying close to my computer screen!

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • I just have one question: at what point does the beta end? I'm too lazy to check through the pages and it does not say it at the first page.

the beta includes 5 towns of kanto. im saying ehich ones as you visit them in a logical order which is different from gsc.

It ends in some part of Kanto I think, so its gonna be long.

yep. its long...

Wow.. So this will be up by tommorow?
    If so, this will be the FIRST thing on my agenda when I get home from school.
    And, maybe, I might do a Playthrough of this after I finish my current Youtube projects, instead of that PMD1 playthrough I was planning..
    Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it :D

thanks. a detailed walkthrough i was planning on doing for the final myself. but i guess if somebody else does it it would help me out.

Definetly. I might do it once I start on the game. Maybe not though. But yah I have the tools, and was going to do one for ShinyGold, but that was already covered and thought I might as well do one for this one seeing as it was coming soon.

I know too much about the 2nd generation games -- unless you put in something that changes the game entirely the walkthrough should be a snap. Depending if you don't mind the game being on youtube or not of course >.>

edit: If you're saying it's released in 2-3 ours then that really is bad for me XD
    Survivor is coming on and it's a season finale. Oh well though. A day doesn't kill.

hmm. im not sure about youtube. i'll give it some thought.

Wow! All of this anticipation and it's going to be released anytime! I'm definitely staying close to my computer screen!

well you dony have to stay too close. the release might suck you in lol.

update: well youve all waited long enough and i think its time. the time has come... for the release...

its located at my site: www.linkandzelda.info under the Liquid Crystal section on the left. its an .ips to be patched to a FR BPRE rom.

as always please report any bugs that either me or my testers havent found.

known issues: you cant fly to cherrygrove, its possible that you cant fly to new bark either although that isnt confermed. olivine citys world map is kantos map. (please dont use it as a short cut to kanto when you can fly there PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont. just use the boat XD)

thats all i can think of. well have fun. please tell me what you think about it.

p.s. note about walkthroughs. ive decided no walkthroughs can be made until at least beta 2 is released to the public. otherwise nobody will have any fun finding things :P

note about the weather that most people wont find out. after you play you will notice the weather is random. well theres 7 differnet avalible weathers. in gsc there were 7 different days. i'll leave the rest for people to work out...

link

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    YAAAYYY!!! ITS FINALLY HERE!!!! and i thought id get rick rolld like last time!!!!!!! thank you so much for finally releasing it!!!!!!!!!! maybe ill put it on youtube to show others and promote it...i mean i think i got subscribers who subbed for the pokemon ruby parody but with the game having problems as in if you catch any pokemon...hoenn exclusive or not the screen goes black and the music just plays...say maybe you can tell him what he can do to fix it...his name is Kitsune Link...it should be at least...please tell him what he may be able to do...ok off to play liquid crystal XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    First post after the release! This is looking great so far! Can't wait to play it all the way to the end!

EDIT: Crapp he beat me to it!

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
    Years
  • well best hack so far lolz (title screen everything music im lovin itthanks laz and i promise ima play through out this hack without getting bored im going to finish it lol

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    forget what i said about putting this game on youtube on my account i think ill be too busy playing it to record everything lol....but still please help my friend kitsune link when you get the chance and im luvin it so far and i havent even gotten my first pokemon yet thats how great it is XDXDXDXDXD

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Yes. /cheer
    Finally here. Gonna start playing it.

The title screen is amazing.. the music is amazing.. :D

Route 29 sounds scary =/

Also: Probably tomorrow I'll start putting it on Youtube(just a playthrough). I'll give the credits out in the description of course.. so it'll get more publicity.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    ??????: I'm watching you, ELM.

Elm: Who the hell was that?

lol good stuff. This beta is already making me smile. Great job, link.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • Minor nitpicks.

Why is there a sandstorm in New Bark Town 0_o, and I don't really like how weather changes from sandstorm, to rain to snow or any other weather condition whenever I enter a route or city/town, it seems too random, maybe if it was just rain I wouldn't have much of a problem.
    Tales music, doesn't really fit into Pokemon IMO.

So far though, its epic.

Edit: Glitches: When I am leaving Cherrygrove, there is a graphic map glitch that appears before Silver appears and battles you for the first time.

Oddities:You get sent back to your mom/Pokemon center when Silver beats you instead him appearing after the battle.

When I lost to Zane, I got sent back to my mom ( I did not heal at the center), and when I left the house, Silver was gone, but when Silver beat me, and I get sent back to my mom (because I did not heal at the center again :( )and he appears at his usual spot.

Zane seems like a nutter lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    Just one quickie; I don't really like the music on the route between New Bark Town and Cherrygrove. It doesn't really fit. Other than that, it looks great! I'm in love with the title screen!

EDIT: I also want to note that the weather changing is wicked awesome! I didn't really think it was possible, but wow!
    EDIT 2: Who the hell is Zane? :p

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back