• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
  • A question just came to me concerning the new patch (When it is released). Will it be a patch for 1.1 or will i be able to just use the 2.0 patch to start a whole new game?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • i'll say this once and its what people should do when a new patch is out. ALLWAYS PATCH IT TO A NEW ROM. and also start a new game. i know its a pain but it gives the most bug free experiance.

this applys for every patch thats released

link

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2019
    The houses get all glitched up when I play. Is there any reason? my rom and patch is perfect :(

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • My only issue here is the changing weather, it seemed cool at first but now I just think its well.....unnecessary and rather annoying at times, maybe if you consider it you can have a separate version without the constant random weather changes.

That is my only nitpick so far, I still love this hack.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • My only issue here is the changing weather, it seemed cool at first but now I just think its well.....unnecessary and rather annoying at times, maybe if you consider it you can have a separate version without the constant random weather changes.

That is my only nitpick so far, I still love this hack.

Or have more control over it.

Maybe make it more rare for the weather to change :?

Any updates, you could show us a few screenies of Kanto or of Mt. Silver :P

linkandzelda

Years
  • hmm. i knew this weather would get on peoples nerves soon. well i will make it much more rare for it to change instead of every new map. im not getting rid of it as it plays an important event with certain things.

screenies huh? xD sure i'll upload a few in a bit.

link

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    I cant go any where in the game... Im at the part wth Lake Of Rage and Lance isn't there, he was there the first time before the game froze and now hes not..

linkandzelda

Years
  • Heres some screenies xD:

Hope people like them :P

On another note, mini games :D. Like zel put mini games into SG i would like some in LC. problem is i cant think of any good ideas that are able to be done. i have two ideas already that will work but i need 2-3 more. Any suggestions?

Also for every release from now im going to be useing that patching system that rijon used. UPX i think.

link

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    I have an idea from Mystery Dungeon that you might be able to use.

Could you possibly put in a "Name that Pokemon" game? Where you're given information about the Pokemon and then a selection of Pokemon to choose from. If you get about 6 correct then you get an award. You can only miss a pokemons name twice.

Mystery Dungeon does footprints but it'd be hard to put in the tiles for those XD

linkandzelda

Years
  • hmm. thats not a bad idea :D. i had a similar one where your shown 3 pokepics then you have a selection of tiles on the ground and you have to click them in the right order. if you get that right then you are shown 4 pokepics. then 5, 6 etc.

i have an idea how to implemet your idea already so i'll give it some thought xd.

link

EJames2100

Years
  • How about one of those games where there is 12 Tiles/Cards and there you have to match them up, so there is 2 sets of 6 different cards, anyone know what I mean lol ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    How about one of those games where there is 12 Tiles/Cards and there you have to match them up, so there is 2 sets of 6 different cards, anyone know what I mean lol ?
    I'm pretty sure that was one mini game Zel put in his game, and he doesn't want to copy Zel. I really like the pokemon guessing game someone mentioned a few posts back though. If it's implemented well it could turn out to be a fun mini game!

EJames2100

Years
  • Ahh NVM then, I haven't actually played through SG :P

Nice screenies, gonna wait for Beta 2 before getting too far into this game, I'll try to think of some mini-game ideas for ya :)

Years
  • hey link
    im not sure if you have given any thoughts of including this but,

do you remember in crystal, how certain trainers would call you and give you items, like stones, berries, nuggets, poke balls and some random information about famous people, like oak and bill

I was thinking, after you beat them, every so often they offer you something when you talk to them again. Though that might be a bit hard to script

Hope everything is going well :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back