• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
  • The graphics look well balanced, except the houses in New Bark are missing their tops.
    Also, I think the palettes need a tad more diversity.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • thanks guys.

i have a question... about the event with the clear bell. im thinking about making it into a side quest. that means it wont activate after you know you is beaten. instead there will be some other way to trigger it.

please give me your feedback on this event and wether it should stay as it is or be made into a sidequest.

thanks in advance
    link

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2010
    Is it normal for it to not allow me to save the game in the menu? when i go to save game it says
    "save error". Instead I have to save it on the emulator, which no other rom has made me do, so I'm not sure if it's normal.

edit: when i talked to the professors aid the game crash and restarted...

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • change the save type to 128K and that bug is mentioned about 9001 times lol. the solution is on the preivious page i think.

link

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2010
    nope, it didn't work, it still says "save error: please exchange the backup memory."

and i've tried over 10 times, but every time i talk to oaks aid, it restarts and i can't get past it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    i think the clear bell should even should stay as it is. By the way, the professor problem, I had the same problem, but it was in beta 1. I switched to beta 1.1 to get past, and then revert back to beta 1 after getting past that part using the same savefile.

smashmaniac2008

GONNA SMSH YOU INTO TINY BITS!
    Years
  • Hey can you add Krystal/Gold into the game because seeing the third ball over there at all times always no matter what and not being able to take it yeah.

laserblade14

LC Supporter
    Years
  • hey linkandzelda,
    i've recently discovered LC and am luving every minute of it! its the best hack out there in my opinion.
    Just a question that needs clarification: In beta 2 will kanto be fully complete? like everything done? Thanks.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • hey laz the seagull pimpster, I found out that mastermind_x made a ruins of alph puzzle game, and he also made a tut on how to insert it into a rom on this page: https://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=21

Hope you like this. Remember I did NOT make this, I only gave you the webpage it is on, however he may want credit for his work.

Also, if you're running out of "map names" (I can't remember what it is "officially" called) you could try making sprout tower part of violet city, lighthouse part of olivine, etc.

Are you going to include more of silph co in a later beta?

Since Red is in mount silver, will Ruby or Sapphire (Brendan or May) be in the orange isles?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    Is celebii achievable in LC? Cause in crystal there were rumors about putting in the GS ball into the Shrine of Illex and then Celebii would come out.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • hey laz the seagull pimpster, I found out that mastermind_x made a ruins of alph puzzle game, and he also made a tut on how to insert it into a rom on this page: https://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=21

Hope you like this. Remember I did NOT make this, I only gave you the webpage it is on, however he may want credit for his work.

Also, if you're running out of "map names" (I can't remember what it is "officially" called) you could try making sprout tower part of violet city, lighthouse part of olivine, etc.

Since Red is in mount silver, will Ruby or Sapphire (Brendan or May) be in the orange isles?

That's great, now LaZ shouldn't get bugged about the Ruins of Alph. Also mm_x has made a guide of editing the pokedex data locations.

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • Is celebii achievable in LC? Cause in crystal there were rumors about putting in the GS ball into the Shrine of Illex and then Celebii would come out.

In the original Crystal, Goldenrod City had a special "mobile adapter" pokemon center. You get the GS ball there. After getting the GS ball, you bring it to Kurt and wait 24 hours. The enxt day, Kurt will stand near the Ilex Forest entrance. You get the GS ball from Kurt and walk to the shrine of the forest. You put the GS ball in the shrine and a lv30 Celebi appears.

The mobile adapter was never released outside of Japan, so Nintendo changed it into a normal pokemon center. Although you can still do the event in the US version with "cheat codes".

more info here: https://www.serebii.net/crystal/differences.shtml

Makes me wonder how LaZ will input the GS ball event... Probably getting it at the Orange Islands from Prof. Ivy like in the anime.

linkandzelda said:
    wow. at least somone reads my posts :P jk

Zomg, sarcasm on the internet?! lol XD

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years

Great discovery by Mastermind_X.

Now all that is left is a clock system, Day/Night and the Pokegear, somehow, I think will happen eventually and I also believe Mastermind will be the one to do it.

Being able to code in the clock system would help greatly with Day/Night and berry's as well as support the Pokegear.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    GRAMMAR POLICE LOL!

Link, the first time you fight your Rival, he says, "I,ll show you!" instead of, "I'll show you!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    Also, are the berries fixed? sometimes after growing berries and then going back to it when I see the tree, i walk through it and it tells me to plant another berry.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Depending on whether I re-install XP by monday..
    Could I ask people how they'd want the intro battle scene cutscene to be done?
    (The Nidorino vs Gengar thing)
    It can't be like suicune running, through a field like in the original crystal cutscene...
    but I could make like...Suicune Vs Unown..or anything...?

of course I'd have to draw up every frame..

so Idea's please?

Note:- This will be done for beta 3..maybe started this beta.. No promises... I have animations to fix and stuff)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Depending on whether I re-install XP by monday..
    It can't be like suicune running, through a field like in the original crystal cutscene...

so Idea's please?

Note:- This will be done for beta 3..maybe started this beta.. No promises... I have animations to fix and stuff)

I would say put Noctowl and Girafarig :P

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Depending on whether I re-install XP by monday..

so Idea's please?

Suicune vs Unown sounds good. Make it like the Unowns are surrounding Suicune, then Suicune unleashes an attack that pushes them away, or something.

Good luck.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Depending on whether I re-install XP by monday..

so Idea's please?

What about Suicune vs. Raikou? Suicune is cornered by Raikou and unleashes a blizzard. Then Raikou does volt tackle as it charges Suicune.

u

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back