• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    Theres alot of problems with gpsp and gpsphone ive noticed...this rom crashes alot under those...

i tried both the ips and ups and they both crashed in the same places....

i just copied the .sav file over to VBA and walked past it...

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • Theres alot of problems with gpsp and gpsphone ive noticed...this rom crashes alot under those...

i tried both the ips and ups and they both crashed in the same places....

i just copied the .sav file over to VBA and walked past it...

That's because hacks like these are ment to be played on VBA and NOT on PSP.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • Well ive no problem playing with it on UO gpSP Kai 3.3.Sometimes in certain battles it crash but it only happens about 10% of the time!

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2010
    I'm using VBA and it freezes at the same point every time. I also used the IPS patcher.

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • Okay, guys since people keep reporting bugs,this thread is now...

Closed

Maybe if you were are mod ;)

Also, I posted my list, so that people would stop posting the same bugs over and over again. Seems it didn't help :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    I just beat red and talked to Oak to get the upgrade but I'm having trouble going to the orange islands. I tried to use both [FONT=&quot]Olivine and [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Vermillion's docks but they keep saying "The FAST SHIP will sail again soon."
    [/FONT]

I just beat red and talked to Oak to get the upgrade but I'm having trouble going to the orange islands. I tried to use both [FONT=&quot]Olivine and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Vermillion's docks but they keep saying "The FAST SHIP will sail again soon."[/FONT]
    That's because it must be a red flag in the entrance indicating the weather is good for sailing... If it is not then enter and exit the city until it is there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Hey guys, do you mind on posting the teams u used for the johto league ? The cyndaquil not evolving + no thunderstone ( if someone knows where it is plz tell me ) really slowed down my team making. If it wasnt that 2 bugs my team would be complete by now.

Thx in advance

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    I'm stuck at Cianwood City. Whenever I Surf and either go into a battle or check the bag, it acts as if I'm not surfing and I "walk" on the water. I can't reuse Surf and when I reach land, I can't get on it. I only have four badges so I can't use Fly and I don't have a Pokemon with Teleport. Any reason why its doing this? I've used two emulators on this part (gpSP Kai and VBA) and they both do the same thing.

Well, for some reason, the route between Cianwood and Olivine you can go through normally if you have a Super Repel or Max Repel on you and you avoid trainer battles. Also, Fly and Teleport can probably help too. Not sure about an Escape Rope, but being outside it probably wouldn't work. Any other body of water for some reason will act normally no matter what happens.

Also, the battle with the Red Gyrados crashes the game when it starts in gpSP Kai 3.3. In VBA, it works fine.

UPS patch was used since some people think that the patch type is one reason as to why it acts up.

EDIT: I also found that over time, the PC Box System gets a bit glitchy. It made two of my Pokemon (thank god they weren't important or rare) glitch Pokemon. They also messed up the layers where Pokemon that were just placed overlapped any text in the bottom. Releasing any blank space glitch Pokemon fixes this problem, but I wonder why they replaced two of my Pokemon in the first place. O_o

EDIT 2: Another crash bug with the Professor in the same room as the Rocket with one of the passwords in Rocket Hideout. Crashed in both VBA and gpSP.

Last edited:

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • Hey guys, do you mind on posting the teams u used for the johto league ?

Round 1:
    Lv 60 Typhlosion (Flamethrower, Flame Wheel, Thunderpunch, Quick Attack)
    Lv 62 Steelix (Crunch, Iron Tail, Double Edge, Dragon Breath)
    Lv 55 Latias (Mist Ball, Psychich, Dragonbreath, Shadow ball)
    Lv 53 Suicune (Aurora Beam, Waterfall, Bubblebeam, ???)
    Lv 52 Red Gyrados (Surf, Bite, Thrash, Dragon Rage)
    Lv 38 Pidgeot (Wing Attack, Fly, Quick Attack, Sand Attack)

Round 2:
    Lv 72 Typhlosion (same attacks)
    Lv 70 Steelix (same attacks)
    Lv 60 Latias (same attacks)
    Lv 58 Suicune (same attacks)
    Lv 55 Red Gyrados (same attacks)
    Lv 73 Rayquaza (Outrage, Fly, Extremespeed, Shock Wave)

My original starter Cyndaquil did evolve (after getting the pokedex from Oak at the start of the game).
    Steelix is the Onyx from the boy in Violet (trade bellsprout for his Onyx)

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
    Years
  • Does anyone know where I can find a thunderstone? I need to evolve my Eevee, and I heard Espeon isn't available, so I'd like a Jolteon.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    DID IT I HAVE DEFECT THE BETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome job, the E4 was toooo easy

team used Growlite (not eloved) Ninoking Megiuim, they were each arouind about level 60
    defected frist shot
    e4 round two same team round about level 70 I also use a latias latios and Groundon level 50
    defected 2 shot, Ist accepeted I could not kill the kingdra i had to use lengends to take it down
    but the e4 was too easy

awesoem hack, great job

I loved the gym leader rematches

BUGS

after I caught Groundon I could not get out of the cave (use an esacpe rope)
    when you vist Prece for a second time the batle will frezze

SUGGESTIONS

easier way to get to orange Islands, the ship never came or the sailor sometimes didn't offer me to travel there

Trainer infomation

*What is your trainers Name?

JOHN
    *What is your trainer Class?

EXPERT
    Which in-battle sprite should your trainer have?

something random

Pokemon Infomation

*How many Pokemon does your trainer have (max 6)?
    *Which Pokemon?
    -Growlite
    -Ninoking
    -Megiuim

What moves does it know?
    Growlite
    -Heat Wave (can learn in DP not in FR)
    -Flamethower
    -take down
    -Bite

Ninoking
    -Ice punch
    -Fire punch
    -Megahorn
    -Earthquake

Megiuim
    -Razor Leaf
    -Earthquake
    -Iron Tail
    -Body Slam

What item does it carry?
    Oran Berry 3x

Location Infomation

*Which region will your trainer be in?

kanto
    *Which town/route should your trainer be in?

Route 12
    *What position whould your trainer be at?
    somewhere awesome
    If known, what are Cordinates your trainer should be at?
    ????

Other Trainer infomation

If any, In Which Weather do you want to Appear?
    normal
    Should your trainer appear after/before a current event?

after
    Does your trainer dissapear after the battle?
    yep

Trainer Text

*What does your trainer say before the battle?

wow, you have badges, so do I
    *What does your trainer say when beaten?

I lose finally!
    *What does your trainer say when talking to after the battle?
    It's been a long time since I lose a battle

Last edited:

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
    Years
  • Is Crobat supposed to learn Thunderpunch? I just taught it to it. And isn't Suddowoodo supposed to learn Fire Punch? He won't learn it. And again, I really need to get a thunder stone, so if anyone knows, please tell me.
    Also I found the guy selling fire stones:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    A little tip for anyone that is having trouble getting the clear bell....UNION CAVE holds your answers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back