• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Littleroot Researchers

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2023

------Plot-----
    Seven years after "Pokémon: Alpha Sapphire" events, Professor Birch recruited three new research assistants!
    You will complete tasks, interact with nature, catch Pokémon, and make new friends!
    However, during your adventure...you find something rare in Petalburg Woods...

Game length: 4 to 5 hours split into 6 mini-episodes

-----Screenshots-----

-----Game Features-----
    Revisit Hoenn with gen 4 graphics + fogs!
    Choose your starter! Torchic, Mudkip, Treecko, Swablu, Electrike.
    Mega evolution
    Increased EXP gains and fast levelling
    Day-night overworld encounters
    Slakoth feeding

-----Team-----
    KennyCatches - Creator

GAME DOWNLOAD

-----YouTube/Twitch Playthroughs!-----

The resources for this game are public! You can find them here: (broken link removed)
    Made Using: RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials v19.1

-----Credits-----
    Spoiler:

Thanks for playing! You're the best!

This game was made for Relic Castle's Game Jam #7!

Last edited:

Maplekiwi

AKA Mina
    Years
    I just wanted to get my thoughts out, so here goes.

This fangame was really amazing, even though it was short. The story was well paced, the characters were fun, and I enjoyed the graphics that this game had to offer, especially at Petalburgh Woods. It's one of my favourite Relic Castle Game Jams, honestly, and even though we didn't get every Hoenn Pokemon in the game (notably Absol), it was really a great experience.

The only problem is that when I was trying to fight a hiker outside of Dewford Cave, the game just crashed on me.
    (Then again, I was using a JoiPlay while playing this, I don't know if this is correlated or not)

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2023
    I just wanted to get my thoughts out, so here goes.

This fangame was really amazing, even though it was short. The story was well paced, the characters were fun, and I enjoyed the graphics that this game had to offer, especially at Petalburgh Woods. It's one of my favourite Relic Castle Game Jams, honestly, and even though we didn't get every Hoenn Pokemon in the game (notably Absol), it was really a great experience.

The only problem is that when I was trying to fight a hiker outside of Dewford Cave, the game just crashed on me.
    (Then again, I was using a JoiPlay while playing this, I don't know if this is correlated or not)

Aww thank you for playing and the very kind words! I really appreciate it! 😊

PokeGamer Z

Garuda
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hey awesome game. It's one of the best i played so far. BTW can i copy the tileset of you game, I am willing to give credits to the one who made it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2023
    Hey awesome game. It's one of the best i played so far. BTW can i copy the tileset of you game, I am willing to give credits to the one who made it.

Thanks for playing! Sure, the resources for this game is public so feel free to use them! (with credit) (broken link removed)

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    its a shame the more interesting fangames are often game jam entries, the premise is great but it seems too short imo. I'll still play it though

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2022
    Hey,how can I evolve feebas in this game? And also can someone say how can I evolve trade evolutions like kadabra in this game?

Years
    • Age 27
    • She/They/It
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Genuinely one of the best fangames I've played in a long time. Perfect length for playing for a few sessions without getting burnt out. Fantastic story and characters, it's all so cute and intriguing! And Gen. III looks fantastic in Gen. IV's style.

There is one game-breaking bug I've come across: In Chapter 6, I battled
    Spoiler:
    in Lilycove to get past them, left to heal my Pokémon, saved, and came back to see they came back and could not be interacted with. Oh well, the game is short enough that I don't mind playing over (though RIP my shiny Xatu)!
    Two more minor bugs are that the move Wish loops an error popup (requiring a task kill to close the game), and the Pokémon Tropius often throws an error when they attempt to attack.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    Sup not sure how to send pics but I got soft locked in the petalburg woods episode. I used the pc from the right side and moved my team around. Ended up pulling both shroomish and slakoth into my team and after i exited PC slakoth was blocking me into the little nook next to the PC. Not sure if it's a bug, luckilyi save often.

Back