• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Days
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Is it possible to activate the death on faint feature without turning on nuzlocke rules? I love the idea of pokemon dying when ko'd but want to catch more than one 'mon per route. Thanks.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, I've been excited to try this for over a week by now, but I can't seem to get it to function on my n3ds. On your front page it says something about patching with a specific tool and a regular version of pokemon emerald, but it seems like the rom now functions without patching. Did you try to forward it to n3ds, or do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Days
    • Seen Jun 27, 2023
    Hello! Good Day. I just found out about this rom hack several days ago, and I did enjoy it very much because it really captures the list of features that I want in an emerald enhancement hack:). Regarding the battle frontier, was it updated, and what is the list of the things that were changed (if there are any, e.g., improved trainer AI and Pokemon, EV spreads, etc.)? Also, small request, I hope Altaria will be buffed just like in renegade platinum coz it's my favorite mon (changing it to dragon/fairy just like its mega evolution and buffed stats). Thank you and looking forward to future updates :).

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Didn't know it was possible to run a GBA emulator on my n3ds, feels rickety but I'll give it a go. Thanks for the tip!

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Good news everyone! Cyndaquil is not completely unobtainable! I never played Emerald just the other 2 versions so I forgot Prof Birch gives you a Johto starter for completing the Hoenn Dex! I also got all my legendaries too so I completed the National Dex! Thanks for the fun experience I loved this game and will return in the future for sure 😄

Years
    • Online now
    Good news everyone! Cyndaquil is not completely unobtainable! I never played Emerald just the other 2 versions so I forgot Prof Birch gives you a Johto starter for completing the Hoenn Dex! I also got all my legendaries too so I completed the National Dex! Thanks for the fun experience I loved this game and will return in the future for sure 😄

That's great to hear! Congrats!

Is it possible to activate the death on faint feature without turning on nuzlocke rules? I love the idea of pokemon dying when ko'd but want to catch more than one 'mon per route. Thanks.

It's not a bad idea. Might have a look if I have time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2024
    hey resets i was wondering are you going to add much lower or higher shiny rates and more legendarys beyond gen 3 and 4? and also higher rate for pokerus?

Years
    • Online now
    hey resets i was wondering are you going to add much lower or higher shiny rates and more legendarys beyond gen 3 and 4? and also higher rate for pokerus?

I believe that the current shiny rates (from 8192 to 512) are pretty good. I found a lot of shinies with 512, and one of my friends can't stop getting them.

I am not going to add more Pokémon currently.

I don't have any plans on changing the Pokerus rate.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2024
    I believe that the current shiny rates (from 8192 to 512) are pretty good. I found a lot of shinies with 512, and one of my friends can't stop getting them.

I am not going to add more Pokémon currently.

I don't have any plans on changing the Pokerus rate.

eh thats fine with me if your trying to add Qol improvements to emerald without adding other pokemon btw are you also going to add mega evolution?

Days
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hi! I'll reporr a bug. I've updated to the latest version and it seems the in-game time no longer works. The day and night cycle still happens but I can't do wonder trades anymore. The person giving berries below Rustboro City and in route 123 says I should come back tomorrow. It's been a week already. Same with the berries I've planted. They still haven't sprouted yet.

Years
    • Online now
    Hi! I'll reporr a bug. I've updated to the latest version and it seems the in-game time no longer works. The day and night cycle still happens but I can't do wonder trades anymore. The person giving berries below Rustboro City and in route 123 says I should come back tomorrow. It's been a week already. Same with the berries I've planted. They still haven't sprouted yet.

Turns out that resetting the clock does indeed reset the date to 1/1/2000. This means that time events will happen again when you get to the date you reset your clock in.

Example: It's your 15th day in-game (counted by the RTC, so 15 real-life days). You change the clock so the date resets to day 1. You need to wait until day 16 to get time events again.

There's not much I can currently do, I'm working on a system to fix this but it's going to take a while, if I can ever make it. I do believe that I have a temporal solution, but I'm still testing.

You can fix it this way, but of course it's not an ingame solution.

EDIT: I just released an easy solution, together with other fixes. Download 1.3.5.2, read the new FAQ section in the main post, and test to see if it works (it should). It's not the cleanest way to do it, but it works for now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2024
    is there a option in the debug or anywhere that you can make your pokemon shiny?

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    is there a option in the debug or anywhere that you can make your pokemon shiny?

I don't think there is a way to make your current pokemon shiny, but you can create a pokemon and make it shiny using the following

>DEBUG
    >GIVE X
    >PKM (L,S,N,A,IV,MOV)

Hope this helps!

Days
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    How to fix bug when use masterball
    When used masterball game screen is freeze and cant do anything

Days
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    Turns out that resetting the clock does indeed reset the date to 1/1/2000. This means that time events will happen again when you get to the date you reset your clock in.

Example: It's your 15th day in-game (counted by the RTC, so 15 real-life days). You change the clock so the date resets to day 1. You need to wait until day 16 to get time events again.

There's not much I can currently do, I'm working on a system to fix this but it's going to take a while, if I can ever make it. I do believe that I have a temporal solution, but I'm still testing.

You can fix it this way, but of course it's not an ingame solution.

EDIT: I just released an easy solution, together with other fixes. Download 1.3.5.2, read the new FAQ section in the main post, and test to see if it works (it should). It's not the cleanest way to do it, but it works for now.

Thanks for the workaround! Is there a way to see how many RTC days have passed (or the RTC current date) in a save file before setting the clock and applying the fix?

I also found a glitch in the Move Tutor menu while trying to teach a move to Gallade (screenshots in the attachments), happening only after I updated from 1.3.5b to 1.3.5.1. Is this an emulator compatibility problem? I'm still emulating with the mGBA CIA on a n2DS XL.

Attachments

• Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)
      MoveTutorGlitch1.png
      7.3 KB · Views: 17
    • Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)
      MoveTutorGlitch2.png
      6.3 KB · Views: 15
      MoveTutorGlitch3.png
      4.5 KB · Views: 13
    Years
    • Online now
    How to fix bug when use masterball
    When used masterball game screen is freeze and cant do anything

Use mGBA. It's not a bug, it's an emulator thing.

Thanks for the workaround! Is there a way to see how many RTC days have passed (or the RTC current date) in a save file before setting the clock and applying the fix?

I also found a glitch in the Move Tutor menu while trying to teach a move to Gallade (screenshots in the attachments), happening only after I updated from 1.3.5b to 1.3.5.1. Is this an emulator compatibility problem? I'm still emulating with the mGBA CIA on a n2DS XL.

There's no way to know how many days have passed as far as I know. And since you reset the clock, it's back to 1 anyway. Just press L a lot of times and it will do the same effect. The date doesn't affect anything else but time events and the specific date is not important.

Yup, Gallade is bugged. Is it 1.3.5.1 and not 1.3.5.2? Just to know where to start looking for that bug. I haven't touched anything related to Gallade or moves, so it's quite annoying.
    Edit: It's not only Gallade but every Pokémon with a lot of moves. I'll have a look, although it shouldn't affect anything as every move that corresponds to the Pokémon shows up, it's just garbage text and options that appear at the end of the tutor menu.
    Edit 2: Fixed already, please download 1.3.5.3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, your game looks really interesting. A question, What is the difference between the easy and normal difficulty modes?

Back