• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Chronicles of the Rod (Part One, Currently Open) [12-13*]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishyman

Banned
Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    Karzai walked along with the group of new recruits that he had been drafted with. They made their way to the ship, for some reason in a single file line. Karzai felt somewhat clustered, so he tried to spread away from the line, only to have a small child trip him as he attempted to leave. He looked over to the Pokemon, looking afraid, thinking he would be yelled at. Karzai just got up, and continued spreading away for some air. He looked at his fist as ice formed around it, to be melted by fire, to be dispelled by lightning. He was pleased with his progress in his punching techniques. His fist enveloped in fire again.

"Blizzard Island, huh? This might be useful..." he thought, continuing to look at his fist. He then looked back up to the rest of his team. "What a strange looking group we have here." He continued to walk along, tapping his item bag in anticipation.

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
  • What happened that morning was all a blur to Clare. All she could remember was that she suffered a rude awakening and wound up talking to a Bagon she vaguely recognized from the day before. Now she'd found herself standing amongst a group of strange Pokemon without someone to protect her. Possessing a Timid nature, she simply stood there shivering as one by one, the other Pokemon walked over and took a good long look at the team of tiny basic form Pokemon with whom they were to go on a mission.

Clare had absolutely no idea as to why she ever agreed to do this, though to avoid getting into trouble she tried her best to act natural. That is, if 'natural' meant stuttering, playing with one's whiskers and chewing on a spoon. In between the chatter of her fellow Pokemon, she heard a voice which she recognized as male, but couldn't quite put her finger on.

"My, it seems like you have quite the party, little ones..."

She looked around for the source of the voice, trembling violentl when all of a sudden, a Mr. Mime appeared out of nowhere. Though she too could freely warp from place to place, Clare jumped and emitted a squeak reminiscent of that of a Rattata. The Mime Pokemon's sudden appearance had completely caught her off guard. Granted, many things caught Clare off-guard as she is much too absent-minded to be on guard in the first place, though this particularly startled her.

"Well, since I assume you have already prepared, lets start on our jorney right here, right now. Our first destination shall be Blizzard Island, and we shall move from there to get to the said area."

Upon hearing the phrase 'Blizzard Island' exit Mr. Mime's mouth, Clare knew that she'd gotten herself into an awkward situation to say the least. Clare was always rather sensitive to the cold and whilst she was covered with fur, said fur was not particularly effective in insulating against the cold. Not to mention the fact that many dangerous Ice-type Pokemon lived on Blizzard Island and seemed to love nothing more than to ambush unsuspecting foreigners. She was about to teleport to Kangaskhan's storage to grab a nice warm scarf when the Mr. Mime spoke once again.

"Well, since I assume you have already prepared, lets start on our jorney right here, right now. Our first destination shall be Blizzard Island, and we shall move from there to get to the said area."

Clare was tempted to tell him he assumed wrong, though she was too afraid of what may happen to her if she questioned anyone. Some may call her paranoid, though personality quirks like that are the price one must pay for that extra little bit of speed, which in her case was negated by her slow mindedness. She gave a sigh of relief when a Cyndaquil spoke up as she believed this may redirect the attention she perceived others were giving her.

"But...How will we get there, seeing that Blizzard Island is well...And Island? Do you expect us to swim there?"

She took a deep breath, preparing for a scream which would express to others that she had a feeling on impending doom. However, she never did do that as Mr. Mime's response to Cyndaquil's inquiry comforted her, if only slightly.

"Oh, no no, I had everything planned out before hand, and I in fact have a ship to sail us there."

Clare, along with the rest of the part gasped. A ship. She had been on many of those with her trainer, who spent most of her time holding a bag to her Alakazam's snout to prevent her seasickness from ruining everyone else's trip. However, never in her life had she ever dreamed of a Pokemon owning one.
    Mr. Mime chuckled, then beckoned the other Pokemon to follow him.

"Well, being a well known explorer has its perks. Come everyone, it is currently anchored at the Beach!"

Clare reached down the front of her chestplate to pull out a folded piece of brown paper which she unfolded to reveal to be a bag.

"...I get seasick. It's been happening since I was like, an Abra." She explained, as if anyone really cared about her personal problems.

--

((OOC: Sorry about the godmoding. I'm a bit tired right now. >.>;))

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    Chapter 1- Blizzard Island

"ZZZZZ" Neon snored as he continued to sleep the morning away. "Hey Neon wake up your gonna be late for your first day as an explorer!" an odd little oddish said as it tapped Neon on the head.

"Huh? Oh no oddy did I sleep in again?!?" Neon yelled as he jumped up out of his cot. "Well...kind of...you still have time to make there if you run!" Oddy happily shouted as Neon began to run towards Treasure Town.

"Man I can't believe I slept in on such an important day...I really hope I make it!" The Umbreon thought to himself as he sprinted through the streets of Treasure Town.

"Wooh I made it" Neon said as he pulled up to where the other recruits were waiting. One pokemon inparticular caught Neon's eye, it was a Houndoom and he wandered if maybe it was involved in what happened to his family so many years ago.

The recruits were led into the base where they were briefed on the mission.

"My, it seems like you have quite the party little ones..."

"Who said that??" Neon questioned as a Mr. Mime materialized infront of the group out of what seemed to be magic!

"Blizzard Island? I've never heard of it..I wonder what it will be like?" Neon began to dream up what their adventure would be like.

The Cyndaquil looked slightly puzzled, "But...How will we get there, seeing that Blizzard Island is well...And Island? Do you expect us to swim there?"

"Swim..I dont really know how to swim..." Neon thought as he listened in somemore.

The Mr. Mime shook his head, "Oh, no no, I had everything planned out before hand, and I in fact have a ship to sail us there."

The entire party gasped. "You have a ship!?"

"Well, being a well known explorer has its perks. Come everyone, it is currently anchored at the Beach!"

"Well I guess a boat won't be to bad...this should actually be pretty fun!" the Umbreon shouted in his head as he began to follow everyone to the beach, not knowing what exactly to expect on this adventure.

Dragax67

A Rookie Trainer raring to Go!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 14, 2015
    ((darn... I just missed out... never mind, I'll join next time...))

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
  • As they got to the boat the team had been talking. Rehoma saw the umbreon looking at him with an akward facial expresion. He would have went back there to talk to him and ask why he was looking at him like that. Ice types huh. Perfect for me. I bet they are glad that I joined them. Rehoma thought. He boarded the boat hoping that he would get the chance to talk to the umbreon.

He got on right after the Mr. Mime. After the umbreon got on, he walked beside him waiting to be where no one would see them.

"Hey I saw you looking at me. Whats the matter? Is it that I look like a fugitive or something. If thats the case then its ok to tell me because a lot of people think that." Rehoma asked.

Years
  • Bambi winced when she heard the word 'seasickness' come of of the Alakazam's mouth. She'd never actually thought about whether she would get sick on a boat... But when she thought about it, it made sense. It would be all bumpy and wierd. What if she got seasick? What if she threw up in front of everybody?

Or maybe it'll be fun! She thought, trying to quell the irritating worries that seemed to have taken permanent roots in her head.

Finally they finished the walk down to the beach and boarded the boat, first the mime, then the houndoom. After that she lost track because she scrambled on deck and looked over the side, standing on her back paws with her front feet resting on the railing. She hopped a little in excitement. Now it was really starting! They were going to Blizzard Island! And then somewhere else!

Just in case, she tried walking around a little bit. The waves made the surface her paws were resting on sway a bit, but she doubted she'd be throwing up any time soon. She refrained from eating any of the food from her pack anyway, at least until she got her sea legs.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • The ship was fairly large. It had all sorts of knobs and orbs embedded on the sides, and three massive sails towering a story high. The center of the ship had a small door on it, which presumably led to the ship storage. The deck was slightly elevated as to distinct it from the bow, and the sides of the ship were lined with fine rails, as to keep from any unsuspecting Pokémon from falling out.

Once everyone had made it onto the ship, Minkel easily climbed to the top of the upper-deck, where an odd wheel-shaped object was erected. A sly smile reached the mime's face, and he uttered at the top of his lungs, "Ho ho, and we're off!"

Minkel then snapped his fingers, causing the three sails open up. He then pulled out a small orb and rubbed it with his hands. A light gale started, and pushed the ship ahead.

This is it, thought Tori as they went off on an adventure. She wondered if she should have told the guild about the trip before leaving. Oh well, too late to do that now...

"It's about TIME we started! YEA!" Nogab roared with excitement, something he did everytime he went somewhere new. Quilbert just stood by Tori. "I know what you're thinking. Everything will be all right Tori, I promise..."

Tori nodded lightly, "I guess, but I just can't help but think how the guild will react to our...Disappearance..."

"I'm sure Wigglytuff will understand Tori, after all, isn't this what exploring is all about?"

~~

A small beldum was hovering around the Beach, about to enter the Beach Cave for a small adventure, when it noticed something.

"Adeventure...Exploring...Adventure...Fun...Exploring...Adventure?"

A slight breeze touched the metal pokémon's face. It had noticed that a large ship was moving of into the distance, and became curious. "...Ship?"

It sped through the water hovering to get a closer look, and what it saw amazed it. Surely such a large ship was heading off into an epic adventure. "Exploring! Fun!" The beldum could not resist but tremble with glee.

Swiftly and quietly, the small creature attached itself to the bottom of the ship, where nobody would notice it...

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    Karzai wasn't really excited about the trip, most likely because he was half asleep. He looked for a spot to rest, away from the rest of the group. He looked up the middle mast, the tallest of the three, and climbed up it using his claws. He layed down in the crow's nest that was situated atop the mast, and saw a telescope. He looked north through it and saw a very small dot in the distance colored white. It would be an hour or two before the ship reached it's destination. He laid down and quickly fell asleep, hoping to be much more excited for the exploration once he had awoken.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I hate to be a minimod, but...

You should change the title because sign ups are closed.

It says they are open in the title.

Niprop

Years
  • I hate to be a minimod, but...

You should change the title because sign ups are closed.

It says they are open in the title.

((Funny thing is, that I DID change the tittle
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Chronicles of the Rod (Part One, Semi-Closed) [12-13*]
    but the outside tittle doesn't seem to be changing. ))

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    ((I hate to be a mini mod but darkly you should use OOC: or (()) when talking out of context. It really makes the rp look messy(In my oppinion anyway).))

First of all, I'm not even in the rp...

Second, I was just planning to say one thing. Tell this to the real rpers

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    First of all, I'm not even in the rp...

Second, I was just planning to say one thing. Tell this to the real rpers
    ((It still makes the RP look messy, and you really don't need to start acting [whoops], now stop mini-modding things you're not even involved in.))

Last edited by a moderator:

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Ugh... Fine..

((Actually, I am involved in this. I was planning to sign up because the title said it was open))

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    ((It still makes the RP look messy, and you really don't need to start acting like a piece of ****, now stop mini-modding things you're not even involved in.))

(( by the way... I believe that's flaming...

oh, and I hope they change the title too.))

Years
  • (( Ease back, people. It was just a misunderstanding. Let's not turn this into a fight before it's even started, 'K? ))

Bambi lurched slightly as the boat took off, but regained her balance, (Hopefully) before anyone noticed. She looked around at the other pokemon, who all seemed to be... Busy. She thought she might have heard a little clunk on the side of the ship as they took off, but disregarded it.

It was probably a piece of driftwood or something. Or you, falling on your face. Don't be so paranoid.

She noticed the Sneasel sitting in a more shaded area of the ship, holding what looked like a curved piece of wood in his claws. As she watched, he started carving it with his talons. She walked over.

"What's that? I've never seen one of those before." She flopped down next to him, grateful for the shade. She wasn't really that great with heat. Still, it would probably get colder on Blizzard Island.

Niprop

Years
  • ((Let's continue with the RP before this all gets too derailed...(I knew I would do something wrong!) ))

Nogab was busy checking over all the supplies. "Max elixirs. CHECK! Potions. CHECK! Oran Berries. CHECK! Apples. CHE..."

Quilbert walked up to Nogab. "Hey Gab, try being a bit more silent, Karzai is trying to rest!"

Nogab blinked. "Oh, SORRY...I mean SORRY! Hey Quuilbert, HOW'S the voyage going?"

"Only ten minutes have passed, and we still have a long way to go!"

The bagon nodded. "OKAY. I'll try to count in MY HEAD!"

Quilbert sighed, "I wonder how long he'll be able to do that." he muttered to himself.

~~~

Meanwhile, at the bottom of the ship, Beldum was being floundered by the waves. Occasionaly, the odd remoraid or magikarp would give it a strange look, after all, it's not common to see a ship in the Pokémon World, much less one with a beldum attached to it. Beldum cared not for any of this though, as it knew that wherever it was going, it will be the greatest adventure in it's life. "Explore...Great explore..."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Bruce had remained silent throughout the journey to the ship. Once aboard, he began doing some stretches,preparing for a workout. He looked for a good place to do the more complicated stretches, and accidently tripped over a sleeping Munchlax.

He quickly got back up and said "Sorry about that"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back