• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: New Ages Online

SuperSonicChao

♃ ♄ ♀ ☿ ♇
    Years
    Pokémon: New Ages Online

Made with BYOND

Pokémon: New Ages Online

Pokemon New Age Online is a new Online action MMORPG on the horizon! Taking the world of Pokemon and massively expanding its map to make it a fully explorable open world. In this game you'll be able to travel to any region, catch Pokemon, scan them with your PokeDex for rare information, watch them in the wild with their natural behaviors, battle with an immersive real-time battle system, make friends with other players, partake in PvP and tournaments, challenge legendary trainers, become the very best and many more!

We are currently doing open testing and building our community! Come join in, try the game out, give some suggestions and help us find bugs! Can be found through the discord!

Features
    Full Character Customization: Over 100 different hairstyles and tons of clothing variations all in the BW sprite style. With more ongoing.
    FULLY ONLINE. 24/7 Shell Server hosting.
    • A Pokemon Emotion System where each Pokemon (including Pokemon in the wild) have emotions running through them determining how they feel or respond to things such as being attacked, battling, getting Spa Treatment or eating their favorite flavors.
    Real Time Battle System instead of turn-based. Things such as Speed or Weight become important in movements, with heavier Pokemon having some benefits of Super Armor like in fighting games for certain moves or further range. Moves can react to each other, or you can counter attacks like in the anime with a similar attack.
    • Battle Legendary Trainers or Gym Leader AIs such as Red or Misty.
    • Animated Pokemon Overworld sprites - with actions such as Bulbasaur using its bulba to shoot out Leech Seed or Razor Leaf or things like Raichu drawing its fist back for a Thunder Punch. (Still ongoing, there's a lot. ^^')
    Pokemon Following - Have your favorite Pokemon follow you when you're outside of battle - even take them into Spas with you to give them some loving treatment. <3<3
    Bigger Maps! To fit the new game style and open world, many routes have hidden paths! The routes are a lot more bigger, open and have more things in them allowing for in-depth exploration - while still keeping to the mold of the original routes from the Games. Cities and Towns are also changed in that way.
    Day/Night, Season and Weather System! Different pokemon will appear in all routes based off of the weather and time! If you have a Pokemon with Drought or Drizzle just send it out to get some more Pokemon that'll spawn in Sunlight in that route. Different seasons will spawn different weathers that will travel along the map like real weather does.
    All moves & TMs from the game throughout history. You can use Hidden Power and Pursuit.
    • Complex Pokemon Wild AI behavior based off of their own Egg groups. Goldeen will stay in the sea but challenge any nearby enemies they find strong. Pidgeotto will randomly attack a wild Caterpie (or even your Caterpie) if its level is low enough for a quick meal. Bug Pokemon with Swarm will....Swarm you. Good luck!
    Catching Fainted Pokemon! (After a Pokemon has fainted it'll stay in the wild for a little bit giving anyone the opportunity to catch it.)
    • Take part in differing quests.
    • Make your own adventure in this online game.
    • My love note to Pokemon for changing the lives of me and my loved ones. Thank you for the memories. ❤️
    • Constant Updates

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Planned Features
    Spoiler:

How To Play
    Spoiler:

TEAM
    Owner, Pixel Artist: Gold/Tavren
    Owner, Pixel Artist, Mapper, Programmer: SSC/Kaio

CREDITS
    Spoiler:

Pokémon © Game Freak

Last edited:

SuperSonicChao

♃ ♄ ♀ ☿ ♇
    Years
    oh my i will definitely have to try this

Would play 100%

Looks pretty awesome, keep it up :)

Thanks a ton y'all! I've been making this project a bit in private, so this is the first time I'm officially showing it off. I'd like to make a list of things needed for first version completion, or Alpha testing. I'd like to finish at least all of Kanto-if an open world is supposed to be a feature of the game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Will we have to download something in order to play this game, or will it be completely in the browser?

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    I will definitely play this if its browser based this looks amazing keep the good work up! 😄
    I would want to volunteer as a tester if that were possible

Last edited:

SuperSonicChao

♃ ♄ ♀ ☿ ♇
    Years
    Hey y'all, I never noticed anyone posted anything to this! I was worried it just got burried! We began open testing and would like to open it up to players to help us find bugs, bring up new suggestions and get to play! Goals are to make a AMAZING Pokemon game. :)

https://discord.gg/EyfwCe6e

Here is the disc link.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    That's a very hard work, but there's a lot of people looking forward to it, keep it up XD

SuperSonicChao

♃ ♄ ♀ ☿ ♇
    Years
    Updated this page also to showcase that we've just begun adding in NPC Gym Battles! Badges are not in yet but this is a big first step towards creating more fun content in the game and challenges. You can challenge Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge and Blue in their respective cities - each Gym giving a challenge from Tier 1 (Lv.20 Pokemon) to Tier 5 (Lv.100 Pokemon). All taking Pokemon from Pokemon they've owned throughout the games (from Yellow to BW2) and moves they've used to all give you differing challenges. Avoid Surge's Electrode explosions or challenge try to dodge Brock's rollout in his rocky arena!

Back