• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Oblivion (Reborn)

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    Pokémon: Oblivion Version
    Pokémon Oblivion (Reborn)

Ermm, hello there... well I'm ?foʀeveʀFTW¿ and Im starting a sorta new hack. I tried this a while ago, but it died fast, as I had numerous things to do. However, it is now Summer Vacation and I can work on this as much as I want >:3

Hack Name: Pokemon Oblivion
    Base ROM: Pokemon Fire Red (U) [BPRE]
    Author: ?foʀeveʀFTW¿​

Storyline

You are just an average teenager living in the village of Agate. You go to school at the Phenac City Pre Gym/ Academy. Today is graduation da, and you are the valedictorian. Once you go up to recite your speech, Justy, your instructor, announces that you will be receiving a rare Pokémon in honor of your achievements. The Pokémon is Absavior, the evolution of Absol. As soon as you receive your Pokéball, the lights go out, and the place is swarmed. In just a matter of seconds, you hear numerous screams, and then, you are out cold. You wake up soon after and find out that the Absavior, along with a couple students, has been kidnapped. Justy grabs your hand and rushes you out of the assembly hall. He explains to you that Team Dusk, the thugs who flooded the Academy, has been spotted flying in a getaway plane to the Northern region of Cyden. As soon as you hear the word Cyden, you are reminded of your aunt and uncle, along with your cousin, for they live in the town of Fraderly. Then, Justy offers you possibly one of the most important offers in your life. He wants you to go after Team Dusk. Before you have time to answer, Justy tells you to hold on, and he walks over to his control panel. He pushes a button, and then the elevator is spun around. He brings you in there and you see there is now a button for the second floor. He puses that button and you are brought to a strange room. In the middle there is a Pokéball on a pedestal. Scattered around the room are different stones on pedestals in the shape of a heptagon. He explains to you that in the middle of the room is an Eevee. Each stone in the room will evolve it into a different Pokémon. And then he says three words.

Pick a stone.​

What stone will you choose? Will you take Justy up on his offer? What exactly is Team Dusk planning?
    Find out in Pokémon: Oblivion Version!​

Features

Spoiler:
    Maps
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Sprites
    Spoiler:

Team

Just me, basically doing everything right now *sigh*​

PM me if you would like to help.... I really need it, xD​

Thats about it for now.... like I said, PM me if you want to help out, I could really use it :)​

Byee :3​

-?foʀeveʀFTW¿​

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Your mapping could use work, there are many errors to be seen. Anyway, I like how it's organized.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Wow! I love the story. Here are some suggestions, though:

-Use a different tileset. The look of the D/P tiles kind of looks a little strange. Maybe see if you can find someone to make a custom tileset?
    -The intro sprites for the hero/heroine look....rubberish. Like, no points in the elbows, etc. (I know I'm nitpicking...but that's because....

I LOVE THE INTRO SCREEN. It looks amazing, and the story is awesome. Keep working on the sprites and maps, and you could have some great in your hands. :)

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    Wow! I love the story. Here are some suggestions, though:

-Use a different tileset. The look of the D/P tiles kind of looks a little strange. Maybe see if you can find someone to make a custom tileset?
    -The intro sprites for the hero/heroine look....rubberish. Like, no points in the elbows, etc. (I know I'm nitpicking...but that's because....

I LOVE THE INTRO SCREEN. It looks amazing, and the story is awesome. Keep working on the sprites and maps, and you could have some great in your hands. :)
    yea, I knew that the D/P Tilesets wouldnt be so great to use, and hopefully I'll find somebbody to help me out on that. As for the intro sprites, I really dont see what ypu mean @_@. I think they look fine, but If I get another comment about it, I'll change them :)

Your mapping could use work, there are many errors to be seen. Anyway, I like how it's organized.
    Yes, Im horrible at mapping. I know mot of the errors that stick out are the waterfalls in Agate and the water going out on the houses in Phenac. I forgot to type that the maps are just rough drafts :)

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Some of the water tiles need work. In Agate Village some of the rivers/streams or whatever are perfectly smooth on the outside. If you gave them a (river) bank it would be much better.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    As the others has said the maps are errored like mad, however I think the sprites look good and the titlescreen is nice (Fakemon?!).

I like the story, its unique and I like the mystery behind it, however I am going to moan about Eevee being the starter (well, an Eevee evolution) as its so overused and having an evolved Pokemon from the beginning may make things too easy. :\

Good luck!

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    Some of the water tiles need work. In Agate Village some of the rivers/streams or whatever are perfectly smooth on the outside. If you gave them a (river) bank it would be much better.

Yea, thats what I thought was bad about Agate :/ If I still use these tiles, I know just what to use.
    As the others has said the maps are errored like mad, however I think the sprites look good and the titlescreen is nice (Fakemon?!).

I like the story, its unique and I like the mystery behind it, however I am going to moan about Eevee being the starter (well, an Eevee evolution) as its so overused and having an evolved Pokemon from the beginning may make things too easy. :\

Good luck!

Well, Im thinking about starting it out like Pokemon Coliseum (Pokemon Start Out Around lv. 25) Its not like he's going to go try to beat a team with a lv. 5 Pokemon. All the other trainers Pokemon will also start out around there too, and like all the other games, as you progress through the game, people's Pokemon grow.

Back