• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Odyssey [Beta 3.0]

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Very cool, one of the ROMs i am looking forward to most to get developed more!

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Good news! I finished scripting all the main events of beta 2.0, now I just need to check a thing or two and then I'll start testing the game for its release.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good news! I finished scripting all the main events of beta 2.0, now I just need to check a thing or two and then I'll start testing the game for its release.

Awesome news! In case you need any help for beta testing, I'm always more than happy to help.

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Well, it's time.

Part 2: What lies in the Abyss.
    Release date: 06/30/2023

Last edited:

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Beta 2.0 is finally out!
    Thank you very much for your patience and support over the last 6 months; the translation team (Zeppho, Doctor Locke, Xariod) worked non-stop, so huge thanks to them too!
    You'll find the download link and the documentation in ⁠the first post.
    What can I say? Let's dive into the Abyss!

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    Do you have any plans to let the player choose the gender and name of the playable character?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • What were the shiny odds increased to? Were they simply doubled to keep the same odds as modern Pokemon games, or are the chances even higher than that? I found a shiny Nidoran as my very first encounter, so I'm super curious just how lucky that is here.

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • What were the shiny odds increased to? Were they simply doubled to keep the same odds as modern Pokemon games, or are the chances even higher than that? I found a shiny Nidoran as my very first encounter, so I'm super curious just how lucky that is here.

They are higher than average, I'd say 1/1500 or so

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • The new title screen looks badass
    Thanks a bunch!

ANYWAY, Beta 2.0.1 available.
    Changelog:
    • Fixed an issue regarding Dawn Stone not working on Kirlia;
    • Fixed an issue regarding Link Stone not working on Haunter;
    • Fixed an issue regarding Brave Bird having less PP than intended;
    • Fixed an issue regarding shiny Pokémon appearance after trading with the bug catcher at the Krabby Club;
    • Fixed some typos/errors;
    • Fixed some movement permissions;
    • "Waterfall" added to Whiscash, Quagsire and Poliwrath's learnset.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I'm so excited to give this a spin! Congratulations on the latest beta release as well! Thought I'd ask, does the latest version run smoothly on the Pizza Boy GBA emulator? Thanks!

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • I'm so excited to give this a spin! Congratulations on the latest beta release as well! Thought I'd ask, does the latest version run smoothly on the Pizza Boy GBA emulator? Thanks!

Thank you very much!
    I'll be honest, I don't know. I know for sure that it does with Lemuroid, Retroarch and mGBA though.

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Beta 2.0.2 available.
    Changelog:
    • Fixed an issue regarding Dawn Stone not working on Kirlia;
    • Fixed an issue regarding Link Stone not working on Haunter;
    • Fixed an issue regarding Brave Bird having less PP than intended;
    • Fixed an issue regarding shiny Pokémon appearance after trading with the bug catcher at the Krabby Club;
    • Fixed some typos/errors;
    • Fixed some movement permissions;
    • "Waterfall" added to Whiscash, Quagsire and Poliwrath's learnset.
    • Fixed an issue regarding traded Pokémon obedience;
    • Removed the use of Field Moves (Waterfall, Dig etc etc) from the Pokémon Menu;
    • Added Farfetch'd (Galar) and Sirfetch'd.

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Hello hello, V2.0.3 is out, here's the changelog!
    • Fixed an issue regarding Salamence's cry;
    • Fixed an issue regarding Electivire's learnset;
    • Fixed an issue regarding Tinted Lens description;
    • Fixed some typos;
    • Doduo, Mr.Mime and Houndour added to Talrega's wonder trade.

I also added an evaluation questionnaire for Beta 2.0 in the first post!

Last but not least... I decided to replace the Explorer Kit with the Adventurer Codex, a useful item similar to the Pokédex!
    This item and all the things I'll be posting from now on will be available in version 2.5 (release date TBD).

CthvA1d.png
    NM2vdVg.png

bysLTaz.png
    9gdM9dM.png

And for the curious ones, here's a spoiler of the FirstPersonView images of all the Strata!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Here we go with another update on this project (for Beta 2.5)!

See you at EeveeExpo!

I'm happy to announce that Pokémon Odyssey will be one of the headlines for the upcoming EeveeExpo!
    Here's a promotional image I made:
    Spoiler:

Graphical update

Not much to say: before/after
    7VNp4YN.png

More portraits!

From v2.5 each major character will have new portraits based on their mood.
    9pf4Bfu.png

A new power...

"May this power of mine help thee, children of chaos".
    Plusle & Minun (Nyx), Kecleon (Ethan) and Mawile (Olympia) will unlock a new power after a certain event of beta 3.0: Battle Bond.
    Here's a sneak peek at Ethan's Kecleon and Olympia's Mawile.
    Oj6jdbQ.png

That's all for today, I guess (?)

Days
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    Hi, I swear I don't want to come up as rude I just don't know how to put it in a nicer way, but I am wondering how important is that new power from 3.0? My plan was to replace my starters the first patch of grass I find, since I can't even choose the starters of the other two characters, and I would rather not play the game then be stuck with both the rabbits. So is this power something simillar to mega evolution that I can simply ignore without major drawbacks, and use whatever party I want, or is it something mandatory for progression, forcing you to use plusle and minum? Again, apologies for the tone, I just think everything about the game looks great and I can't wait for the full release, except for not being able to choose other starters, which by itself might be enough to kill all the hype I have for the game if I can't even get rid of them for story reasons.

Back