• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Odyssey [Beta 3.0]

Days
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Played through up until now, and I got to say I enjoyed it. Grinding was a bit annoying and I think it'd be cool if the guild gets new functions as you move through the stratums:
    eg: Ev trainers(you alr have the berries), level trainers, etc. Maybe as a trade in unlock?

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Played through up until now, and I got to say I enjoyed it. Grinding was a bit annoying and I think it'd be cool if the guild gets new functions as you move through the stratums:
    eg: Ev trainers(you alr have the berries), level trainers, etc. Maybe as a trade in unlock?

Actually you can just EV train by using power items (Varley) or buying vitamins at a lowered price (Charon), aaaand the battle house Pokémon scale their levels based on how many stratums you've completed. What you're asking for is already in the game :/

Last edited:

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Update time! Update time!
    We're planning to release Beta 3.0 by the end of June/beginning of July, here's what we accomplished so far:

► FIFTH STRATUM: ABYSSAL SHRINE

lSqBgwK.png

► BYE BYE, FREEZE! SAY HELLO TO FROSTBITE!

We can all agree that Freeze is a garbage status condition, so we decided to change it and use Frostbite instead.
    Frostbite is a status condition from PLA. Similar to a burn, Frostbite inflicts damage equal to 1/16 of the target's maximum HP every turn. Pokémon with Magma Armor, as well as Ice-type Pokémon are immune to this status. You can't inflict Frostbite in harsh sunlight.
    Frostbite will decrease the target's Special Attack by 50%.

► ETRIAN VARIANTS - SECOND WAVE SNEAK PEEK

This is just half of the second wave, so more forms are going to be added in the future.

Sfyp6XZ.png

► BEFORE STARTING YOUR PLAYTHROUGH...

When starting a new game, you'll receive information about recommended emulators and what's going to happen if you don't use one of these.

Xl6IWyo.png

GAME NOTIFICATIONS

You'll receive a notification whenever a Stratum is cleared, a level cap is increased etc etc

BbNVGvU.png

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
    Oh boi, where to begin...

► A NEW POKÉMON TYPE: AETHER!

Yggdrasil's power radically changed some Pokémon, causing them to acquire the Aether type
    - Resistances: Fire, Water, Ground, Flying, Aether.
    - Weaknesses: Poison.
    - Effectiveness: Neutral matchup against everything but Aether.

In any case, I present to you Etrian Gardevoir (Psychic/Aether) and Etrian Dusknoir (Ghost/Aether)
    nftxI48.png

Each Aether-type Pokémon will receive a signature move:
    • Ad Nihilo (Special) - Gardevoir
      90 BP, 100% accuracy, 5 PP
      Effect: Resets all stat levels of the target to 0.
    • Soul Trade (Physical) - Dusknoir
      85 BP, 100% accuracy, 10 PP
      Effect: Restores HP up to 50% of the damage dealt.

Some new regional variants, as well as old Pokémon like Castform, Chimecho, Solrock, Lunatone and many others will get the Aether type and a signature move.

► NEW REGIONAL VARIANTS
    The second wave of variant is finally done! A third and final wave will be added in Beta 4.0
    c3pmW3k.png

► SIXTH STRATUM: FROZEN GROUNDS
    "A trap of ice and snow, a daunting frozen path and the gateway to sorrow."
    Welcome to the Sixth Stratum: Frozen Grounds, the last playable stratum of Beta 3.0!

9439s4k.png

Aaaand that's all for today, see you soon!

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years

BETA 3.0 - ROADMAP (Release date: June 2024)

Soooooo, I was planning to finish Fifth Stratum's events by the end of March, but it seems I'm a little ahead of schedule!
    ✔️Extra maps
    ✔️Extra maps events and dialogues
    ✔️Overworld sprites

Here's the full roadmap:

▬ MAPS ▬
    ✔️Fifth Stratum (Abyssal Shrine)
    ❌Sixth Stratum (Frozen Grounds)
    ❌Beginning of Seventh Stratum (Porcelain Forest)
    ✔️Extra maps

▬ GRAPHICS ▬
    ✔️Firstpersonview sprites
    ✔️Overworld sprites
    ❌Battle sprites
    ✔️Etrian Variants (second wave)

▬ EVENTS ▬
    ✔️Fifth Stratum - Main events
    ✔️Fifth Stratum - Secondary dialogues
    ❌Sixth Stratum - Main events
    ❌Sixth Stratum - Secondary dialogues
    ✔️Extra maps events and dialogues

► FIXES AND QOL
    • I've finally fixed the freeze issue regarding F.O.E. drops on certain emulators, so from the next update you should be able to play this game on MyBoy/PizzaBoy too;
    • I've decided to replace the Stratum's number with its respective Captain's face;
      G5TXqWt.png
    • Aether-type has been rebalanced.
      Resistances: Fire, Water, Ground, Flying and Aether;
      Weaknesses: Poison, Dark;
      Effectiveness: Neutral matchup against everything but Aether.

And I guess that's all for today! (I've also replaced the old trailer with the new one)

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Hello hello, good news!

▬▬ BETATESTING ▬▬

The time has come.
    Version 3.0 is so huge that requires a lot of people to test it in its entirety, that's why I need your help!
    You'll be able to send your application until the 20th of April.

Google Form ➜ Click here
    Discord Server ➜ Click here

I'll select a maximum of 20 users. If you pass, you'll be notified via private message after the 20th of April.
    That said, best of luck! (and thanks for your help)

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Soooooo, good news!
    The game is in a good state, therefore I can finally announce its release date.

Pokémon Odyssey - Part 3: "Truth, Despair and Hope"
    Release date: 3rd of May

Testing will continue even after its official release, cause we fixed basically everything, but who knows?

See you in a week!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Are the saves of the 3.0 release going to be compatible with future updates/the full game?

And also has this been tested on original hardware (via flashcart etc.)? Surely it's fine playing it on an Analogue Pocket.

Days
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Are the saves of the 3.0 release going to be compatible with future updates/the full game?

And also has this been tested on original hardware (via flashcart etc.)? Surely it's fine playing it on an Analogue Pocket.
    I can confirm that I asked the same question on their YouTube community post and they confirmed yes, you can retain your original save file.

Back