• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
    Yer but he could have at least given me some credit. It wouldn't have taken much, otherwise it ould be classified as stealing my custom sprites.

Atomic Reactor

I'm sure waudby isn't the type of person to steal.
    He'll give you cred wen he gets back im sure.

it's made in sphere :P

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    ?????????????????!!!

OK when i click it and it loads when it does ERROR Could not initilize video subsystem
    i use windos vista

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
    Years
    Aw man, the game is in Sphere? I can't map there since i'd have to grab piece by piece of a tile in the tileset >.< Anyways, i downloaded the demo, and whenever i tried to Run from a wild battle, it gave me an error.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    'I have been working hard getting the new battle system graphics sorted out' when he actually took them from my sheet and then claimed them as his own!
    What he meant was that he'd been working on integrating those graphics with his code. But, yeah, he probably should have given you some credit.

To be honest he probably should have given me credit far sooner than he did, but I don't really care, I enjoy working on the code, I'm not looking for credit, just as I wouldn't want credit for having enjoyed reading a book.

Chary said:
    OK when i click it and it loads when it does ERROR Could not initilize video subsystem
    i use windos vista
    Open Config.exe and in the video settings, select standard32 and tell it to run in windowed mode.

Waudby

Okay I've just returned from holiday so don't expect updates yet :P

For the record, when the credits list is finished everybody will be mentioned in there, The same way as the official games don't rant on about who made what before the end of the game :P

I also never claimed them as my own, I merely said I was working hard on sorting them out, because the coding side of things had to be sorted, I was talking about the images themselves.

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
    ...eh that makes no sense? From My point of view, 'I merely said I was working hard on sorting them out, because the coding side of things had to be sorted, I was talking about the images themselves.
    ' doesn't make any sense! Also, you could have said in the credit's part in the first post that the HP bars are by me, you;ve credited Kyledove for the Chipset's, why no-one else?

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Okay I've just returned from holiday so don't expect updates yet :P

For the record, when the credits list is finished everybody will be mentioned in there, The same way as the official games don't rant on about who made what before the end of the game :P

I also never claimed them as my own, I merely said I was working hard on sorting them out, because the coding side of things had to be sorted, I was talking about the images themselves.

However, you do give credit when you're making a fan game, as in the real games, they make everything themselves, you haven't, so you give credit when using something made by someone else.

Waudby

I haven't updated the first post for a while, when I do next update it then you will be added.

And what I said does make sense, when I said to everyone I was sorting out the new battle system graphics, I never once said I had made them or claim them as my own, I merely said I was sorting them out, adding them into the game if you will.

Please stop spamming the thread about the whether they have been stolen, I will add you to the credits when I update.

However at the moment, I have no time to work on the game, as I've just returned from a holiday and have a lot of work to catch up on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    ...eh that makes no sense? From My point of view, 'I merely said I was working hard on sorting them out, because the coding side of things had to be sorted, I was talking about the images themselves.
    ' doesn't make any sense! Also, you could have said in the credit's part in the first post that the HP bars are by me, you;ve credited Kyledove for the Chipset's, why no-one else?

If I were the one who made them, I wouldn't even as for credit, seeing as they're Nintendo's. It's fully custom stuff I would ask credit for.

Anyway, I think we've been fighting about this too long, we should get back to talking about the game.

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
    ...the HP bars for your Pokémon that are used in his game are fully custom!

Anyway, as long as you give me credit, you can use these HP bars and any other graphics I've ripped. Your game is looking really good so far, and I think that by using the platinum graphics it brings it to a new level.

(Do you want the offical HP bars from the latest set of screenshots Waubdy? If you send me a PM I'll send them to you!)

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    help~~~
    i downloaded the game but i cant play.....
    If I'm going to help you I'll need more details that that. E.g. Are you using Windows, Mac or Linux (if you're on Linux, you should be able to sort stuff out yourself though), if you're on windows, just run Pokemon Odyssey.exe, if it throws an error, tell me what the error is. If you're on mac, you'll need to download something from a couple of pages back.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    I can't play it either. I'm using Windows and getting this error:

Error: Could not initialize video subsystem
    I've answered this so many times now, open config.exe, go on video, select standard32 and tell it to run in windowed mode.

Years
    i downloaded it on win pro XP sp2 and when i double click, it pop out a window, asking me to choose a programe to open it (open-with function), now how?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Well this game looks great. Apart from the fact that a Totodile is in Kanto? O well what can we do. I rated it Good

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back