• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon on Virtual Console

Do you think a Virtual Console release of the older Gen I & II games will happen?

• Yes, hopefully with the interactivity between versions.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Yes, but without the interactivity between versions.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's a stupid idea.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I don't care - those times are over.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Personally, I would love to see Pokémon Stadium or Pokémon Stadium 2 get a Virtual Console release. The big draw of these games was the ability to transfer Pokémon from your Game Boy games to the N64. With the advent of the Virtual Console on 3DS, would you like to see the compatibility between a Wii release of Pokémon Stadium and/or Pokémon Stadium 2 and a 3DS Virtual Console release of all six Generation I && II games? Do you think this is a good idea? Why or why not?

I think it's a fantastic idea. The game can be enhanced to support online multiplayer, we can transfer our Pokémon from the 3DS to the Wii (and vice versa) and of course we would be able to use the Game Boy Tower. It'd be a great way to introduce the new fans of the series to the older titles. It'd be an awesome way to pay tribute to the original games. And it would be awesome to be able to play them online, against anyone.

What does everyone else think?

Years
  • Honestly, what would also work is a newer game that plays like Pokémon Stadium. No 'rental pass' stuff, tons of mini-games, the ability to play your DS Pokémon titles on TV (honestly, that alone would probably be enough to make me buy it), and a Gym Leader Castle. That would be awesome as well, if they can't create the interactivity between the two or feel the game will fail due to the lack of future generations.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I would like to see a virtual console release of Pokemon stadium 2 with connectivity to 3DS' viritual console's Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold and Crystal

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Alternately, a Wii rerelease of Stadium 2 with connectivity to all five generations via DS/Wii and GBA/GCN linking. Obviously, Gen II rules would be used with Gen II games, Gen III rules with Gen III games, etc.

Back