• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon: Peridot Version (Version 1 Available August 16)

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    honestly would be a great hack if pokemon that you actually caught yourself obeyed you after reaching each gym cap

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Going to put out a quick patch for some minor issues I discovered. Don't save on Sea Route 7 or Route 24, these are the most affected areas.
    Changelog is below:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2024
    Enjoying the game, but I encountered a crazy bug: when I talked to the guard outside Rugosa City it suddenly prompted the nickname screen, then went straight to a battle with a wild pokemon, and then it freezes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Enjoying the game, but I encountered a crazy bug: when I talked to the guard outside Rugosa City it suddenly prompted the nickname screen, then went straight to a battle with a wild pokemon, and then it freezes.
    Can you post a screenshot of where this happens, exactly?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2024
    No problem, forgive the phone pictures but I'm playing on hardware.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    No problem, forgive the phone pictures but I'm playing on hardware.

Spoiler:

Are you sure you're on the most recent version of the game? Alternatively, what flash cart are you using? I can't reproduce your issue on an EZ-Flash Jr.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2024
    I am playing Version 1, though it's not been patched with the new patch you just posted a few days ago.

I'm playing on an Anbernic RG351V so maybe that's the cause of the issue idk. It's running RetroArch which is using Gambatte version 1.8.9

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    I am playing Version 1, though it's not been patched with the new patch you just posted a few days ago.

I'm playing on an Anbernic RG351V so maybe that's the cause of the issue idk. It's running RetroArch which is using Gambatte version 1.8.9
    I'm still unsure how to reproduce this issue. Are you patching onto the rom you already have? You should be patching onto a clean rom. Does the issue persist if you exit & reenter the building again?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2024
    The ROM I patched was a clean Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.1) [C][!]

I'm not able to leave the building after talking to the guard because the screen glitches and the game crashes. But I can reload a previous save state and everything is fine. The bug does repeat if I talk to the guard again. As long as I don't talk to that guard, the game has run smoothly so far.

EDIT: So I updated to the version 1.1 patch and the issue is now gone; I can talk to the guard and nothing weird happens!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    It's taken a lot longer than I thought it would, but I'm ready for a full 1.0 release now. The remaining Gyms, along with Elite Four, Champion, and some postgame areas have been added. There is still much more to add, but this release will provide a near-full experience.

Download Here

If we prefer to build from source, should we grab the dev or master branch from your github? (I'm looking at the link in the first post)

Very excited to play the finished version of this!

Cheers!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    If we prefer to build from source, should we grab the dev or master branch from your github? (I'm looking at the link in the first post)

Very excited to play the finished version of this!

Cheers!

Dev branch, I haven't gotten around to pushing everything to the master one.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    Dev branch, I haven't gotten around to pushing everything to the master one.

Awesome, thanks. And do you know your rgbds version? I'm getting 3 errors when I run make on the repository (below) and they seem similar to what I've encountered when using the wrong rbgds

Code:
    error: main.asm(26) -> engine/gfx/color.asm(258):
        syntax error, unexpected newline
    error: main.asm(35) -> engine/events/overworld.asm(814):
        syntax error, unexpected newline
    error: main.asm(187) -> engine/pokedex/pokedex.asm(19):
        syntax error, unexpected identifier

Cheers!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    My Final Team, it was a hard Fight especially vs the Last Elite 4 member.
    Pokémon: Peridot Version (Version 1 Available August 16)

Any plans for Postgame Areas other than the Battle Subway in the future? And why has Pinsir not his Evo from the Gold/Silber Betamons in the Game?

Back