• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pikachu's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    Hey nice maps, they look great. I hope you dont give up like everyone else xD.(just kidding its hard to hack)
    Thanks. :P
    maybe Ashley would be a great idea, if you ask me what she looks like, then she just look like ash with long hair, slim body wearing skirt and you know, like a girl but keep the hat or at least change the hat like the female hero in FR..! anyway good luck with this hack..!^^
    Yeah, it seems like a bit of a creepy idea though..
    Will you feature Giselle from Episode 9? Because Ash liked her as more than a friend.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_anime_locations_by_region

These are found on the Bulbapedia Category Anime-exclusive locations in Kanto. Will they feature. (I know it's a lot but I just thought you might be interested in a categorized list.)
    Thanks for the link, and probably.
    I really, really want this Hack more than you know !!!
    I really like Pallet town
    and the route 1 event i want too play
    Alright, I'm not gonna lie when I say this may the most anticipated hack on my list of...well, anticipated hacks :P I love how you're practically transforming the actual anime into an extremely accurate game, this'll be way better than the Original Yellow Version, which I thought was the best in the series. Good luck with the hack, I'll be rooting for you! :D
    Haha, thanks. Hopefully, everything turns out great.

Hopefully. :P
    This hack looks very promising. I'll definitely be checking this page often. :) Your maps look nice, and your ideas are fantastic. Keep it up. :D
    Thanks. :P
    This is looking good, and fun!

It'll be interesting to see how close to the story you stay. As you've mentioned, you can't limit what Pokemon everyone catches. I suppose you'll have events wher you get the opportunity to catch Pokemon.

I still say you should make everyone have a Harden battle between the two Metapods :P

BTW, where would I go about getting the tiles you use from? I love them and I would really like to use them.
    Possibly. I haven't decided on that. And I can't do the Metapod battle, because I can't make sure people have a Metapod with them. :P

The tiles are from a Rom Base by CheesePeow in the resources section. They're getting used a lot lately.
    Cool
    in pallet town there's the river
    will it have the flash back with ash and gary
    about the pokeball in the indigo plautu
    (just curious)
    I dunno, Indigo Plateau is a LONG way off.

I don't want to sound, well, snappish, but maybe we can cut down on the "Will ____ be in?" comments; not knowing gives a sense of surprise, and I've already said numerous times that most sensible things and Characters will be in, only some might be limited to generic sprites, etc etc etc.

Barker

Years
    This is cool! I hope that you finish this.
    Hey, thanks, really. :)
    I'll script for you if you like. Hook me up on msn if you want me;
    Yeah.. That's beginning to look like a good idea, for now. For the sake of progress, which has slowed to a standstill, I suppose I can allow for other scripters to help. Maybe sometime down the line when I feel more comfortable with it I can take over, but since there are better, faster people out there willing to help, it'd be foolish, and detrimental to the hack to ignore them.

tl;dr: If you're good, and want to help scripting, drop me a line at barkdog24 at hotmail.com. I'd probably be giving detailed instructions, as seen in the Route One outline, and you'd be expected to follow pretty closely. Anyone who helps at any stage in the game will be fully credited in the credits, etc etc etc.

Anyway, good morning PC.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    And good morning to you barker. As you can see theres not a cloud in the sky and the forecast is sunny,sunny,sunny!
    HHHHMMM *clears throat* Aside from the news report when the betas out will you make this compatible with A-Map?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Yeah, it seems like a bit of a creepy idea though..
    shes not that creepy, girls can also handle pikachu you know...!
    Ashley's OW:

you can laugh all you want but shes my first OW..!^^

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
    Ashley is creepy. Maybe it could be from the point of view of Misty - Not with Ash's story, but Misty's, it would mean a lot of extra scripting though...

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    This hack looks awesome so far I had a similar idea but I think I'll wait till you made this or I can get someone who can script good.

Years
    hey dude just out of CURIOSITY:will misty and brock travel with you in the game
    will there be the indigo league tournament instead of e4 and will ritchie be there

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I all ready asked about the Misty and Brock think.
    Read the thread and u shall find ur answer.

Years
    hey man,
    this hack looks really really awesome and i can't wait for may 23, when we really get to see some progress happening.
    the pallettes look really aesthetically pleasing, and i hope you can release a patch for that tileset or something, cus it's just so totally awesome.
    love the 'pikachu on the back' thing, i reckon it's hilarious but awesome at the same time. (no offence intended there)
    keep up the great work!

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    You stole my idea... I was thinking about making a hack named Pokémon Anime Version, but who cares, mine wold have died, and I would have given up because I wouldn't be able to do it...

So anyway, are Squirtle and Bulbasaur evolve, because I know a tool to change evolution (IE. What they evolve into, what level they evolve, how they evolve, if they evolve etc. etc.), I found the tool on these forums.

Last edited:

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
    Do you think it's possible you could of had the same idea?

Yeah, I had the same basic idea a few months ago. That's why I'm so supportive because my 'Pokemon Saga Version' would be pretty bad.

I love Barker's devotion and awesome-ness. Love the hack. Hope to one day sit down and play as Ash battling my way through the Anime once more!

Spriter of the Century !!!
    Years
    I had the idea too when i was about ten but then i had never known about hacks.
    Plus Barker please post again we need too know if you can mange to finish the beta enough to post before this month end.

Barker

Years
    And good morning to you barker. As you can see theres not a cloud in the sky and the forecast is sunny,sunny,sunny!
    HHHHMMM *clears throat* Aside from the news report when the betas out will you make this compatible with A-Map?
    Compatible with Advance Map? For why..
    your mappings great, I like your original style to your mapping, pallettes work well :)
    keep it up :D
    Hey, thanks. :P
    shes not that creepy, girls can also handle pikachu you know...!
    Ashley's OW:

you can laugh all you want but shes my first OW..!^^
    :laugh: That's just oh so creepy.. Good effort though. :P
    Ashley is creepy. Maybe it could be from the point of view of Misty - Not with Ash's story, but Misty's, it would mean a lot of extra scripting though...
    Tons of extra scripting. I'm behind as it is. We'll shelve that idea.
    This hack looks awesome so far I had a similar idea but I think I'll wait till you made this or I can get someone who can script good.
    Hmm?
    hey man,
    this hack looks really really awesome and i can't wait for may 23, when we really get to see some progress happening.
    the pallettes look really aesthetically pleasing, and i hope you can release a patch for that tileset or something, cus it's just so totally awesome.
    love the 'pikachu on the back' thing, i reckon it's hilarious but awesome at the same time. (no offence intended there)
    keep up the great work!
    Graduation is on the 23rd, that's not the magic unveiling of everything. :P

Thanks though.
    You stole my idea... I was thinking about making a hack named Pokémon Anime Version, but who cares, mine wold have died, and I would have given up because I wouldn't be able to do it...

So anyway, are Squirtle and Bulbasaur evolve, because I know a tool to change evolution (IE. What they evolve into, what level they evolve, how they evolve, if they evolve etc. etc.), I found the tool on these forums.
    I'm sure that most hackers have had the idea of something like this, even if they haven't posted about it. Think of all the hackers around the world, thousands of them; you and I aren't the only one thinking of this, nor am I the only one attempting it.
    Yeah, I had the same basic idea a few months ago. That's why I'm so supportive because my 'Pokemon Saga Version' would be pretty bad.

I love Barker's devotion and awesome-ness. Love the hack. Hope to one day sit down and play as Ash battling my way through the Anime once more!
    It would have been, and still can be great, honestly.

Thanks though.
    I had the idea too when i was about ten but then i had never known about hacks.
    Plus Barker please post again we need too know if you can mange to finish the beta enough to post before this month end.
    Well, it depends on what you call a beta. I can have something out by the end of the month, but it'll be pathetically short. Maybe I could wait until I have something more meaty to release.
    I LOVE your hack! It's so cool!
    Ha. Thanks. :P

Years
    well graduation must be something you are looking forward to.
    but what i meant was, that after may 23rd we get to see some updates soon after that, right? only cus i like looking at how hacks are going along and such.
    may 23rd, that's my brother's birthday. haha.
    happy birthday to you
    happy birthday to you
    happy birthday dear david
    happy graduation dear barker
    happy birthday to you

ROFL
    keep up the good work =P

Spriter of the Century !!!
    Years
    Hey, I don't care one bit how ridiculous short it will be i just need too play it !!!
    Tell me how much games follow the exact anime ?
    I would just be honoured playin a demo version :)
    If it's that's short as you say release it and say it's a demo hack ?!?
    The see how much fans you can obtain and how much people would actually want it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back