• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Platinum, the G/S/C Remake

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011

A project by

FireRed and LeafGreen were a huge hit for Nintendo. All it was was an updated remake of the original Red and Blue games. But G/S/C was undoubtedly the most popular generation, so why not remake them? Nintendo has guarenteed that they would not make the game, so the job fell into the hands of Project Platinum, which was founded just for the purpose of the creation of this game.

This game will be designed in Game Maker 6 rather than RPG Maker XP, because it can create an engine similar to the one in FR/LG, and can also program the functions such as PC storage and the PokéDex, which RPGM can't do. On top of that, once the game is completed it does not need any program at all to run. It'll run as soon as you download it and play it!

For those who have never played G/S/C, (and yes, there are people who have never played) the plot is as so:

You begin in New Bark Town, a quiet town at the edge of the Johto region, near Kanto, where you have been asked to run an errand for Prof. Elm, the neighbor and friend-of-the-family. When you reach his friend's house, who is apropriately named Mr. Pokémon, you run into the familiar face that is Prof. Oak. He takes just one look at you and declares that you are the next Pokémon prodigy and gives you a PokéDex. On the way back, however, tradgedy strikes when your new arch-rival, whos default name is Silver, steals a Pokémon from Prof. Elm and challenges you to a short battle with it. Afterwards, you promise to take care of your new Pokémon so it doesn't end up like Silver's, and your mom thereafter sends you on your merry way.

Hopefully everything, I mean EVERYTHING, from G/S/C should remain intact, from the PokéGear to the Day-to-Night system. But there are new features as well. Apart from the well-known Running Shoes, Tohjo Falls, the Niagara Falls of Johto, will extended from just an obstacle to an entire dungeon. Also, a new area called the Irafas Isles will be an extra addition. Not just to rival the Sevii Isles from Kanto but to also make up for the closed-down Safari Zone in Kanto.

Screenshots, anyone?

Gold looking at his Lapras in the Daycare Center

Gold in Cianwood City

Gold and Lance v. The Rocket Duo

Shiny Gyarados's stats

Crystal v. Female Rocket Executive in the Radio Tower

Crystal looking into Mt. Silver

Crystal using a Pokemon on Forest Isle

Crystal in the Forest Isle forest

Gold in City Isle

Lugia Overworld

Crystal and Ho-oh

Choosing Totodile

Silver challenging Gold in Azalea Town

Gold in Mountain Isle

Nighttime in Cianwood City

First Encounter with Rival

I'd post the URL for you, but that would be against the rules, since it's a forum. *sigh* Just stick to my sig in the meantime.

Lastly, some extra stuff to support us with (though the larger ones really need updating):

Last edited:

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    your screenshots look amazing, this is one of the best g/s remake iv'e seen

pokerocks

Nintendo Goo...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    The old day eh? Yeah, hopefully this on will get finished. It is very good and I hope you keep up the great work.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    this game looks really good ive been watching it through your forums it looks promissing....Good luck i hope you guys finishe this i would enjoy playing it.

~Minorthreat~

off topic:RPGM can program a pokedex and pc storage just look at what Azura is doing with Pokemon Metropolis, its just hard tho.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    Yeah good luck on it. I still have my G/S remake in my comp stashed away.. so that makes another one lol.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    So this is the Pokémon Platinum I've been hearing so much about... Incredible!! Is that "Hero/Lance Tag Battle" based on the "Hero/Steven" one in Emerald? Heh, this game looks so interesting that I might just download Game Maker 6 just to play it. Keep it up! ^_^

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
    Years
    Holy sweet i've always wanted to play a G/S/C remake. Keep up the good work.

And GymleaderLance99 you don't need Gamemaker to play this game once it comes out. {I think that's how Gamemaker demos go}

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    hey i was reviewing the forums and i noticed that it seems that the actually development, like in the Game Maker engine hasnt started...is that true? i don't know i was just reviewing the screenshot thread. I was just wondering... and the maps look awsome so does just about everything else.

~minorthreat.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Minorthreat0987 said:
    hey i was reviewing the forums and i noticed that it seems that the actually development, like in the Game Maker engine hasnt started...is that true? i don't know i was just reviewing the screenshot thread. I was just wondering... and the maps look awsome so does just about everything else.

~minorthreat.
    Well, we've started a whiles back, but we really haven't gotten our heads together on that yet.

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    Wow..this looks awesome!

I have one question though..is Eusine going to be in this game?!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    I think so. We're combining the best of all three versions, but mostly retaining the Silver plot. (Lugia in Whirl Islands, Ho-oh in Silver Tower, Legendaries on the loose, etc.)

Years
    All I can say is... GREAT! Seeing you, making a PokeGear makes me really happy. As for the Day/Night, it sound great. And I have a question. What tool do you use to make this game? RPG Maker?

Edit: Sorry, just saw it's being make on Game Maker.

Last edited:

Sion

Somber Soul
    Years
    Awesome dude, I thought this was going to be another pokemon "dream" but this seems like its as close to reality as one can get. Great job, you're giving us 14 year olds a great name. I can relate to you alot. Good luck!

~Sion

Back