• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2020
    Oh, dang. I was also working on the same things the past few days, didn't think someone would beat me to the punch. Well, here are my WIPs of the Munchlax animation and the stat trainers.
    Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Both of those Munchlax and stat trainer sprites look amazing! Would it be possible to use both or maybe repurpose them so that nothing goes to waste? Maybe a combination of both Munchlax? I prefer Freeline's Munchlax overall, but maybe we could use some of the first ones with its eyes open too?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2018
    I made a few changes to my Unown ! and Surfing Pikachu to make them look a bit better.

I actually do like Freeline's Munchlax better and I do think combining elements of the two animations would be a good idea, but I'm not sure how to go about that because they go off in different directions. I have an idea but I'm not sure if it would work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    You're both clearly very talented as spriters. Perhaps if Rangi puts forward a list of things that still need doing then you could work together or maybe reserve stuff?

@Rangi: Perhaps consider a request list for work that needs doing so people can pick stuff up?

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2020
    Hmm, yeah. It didn't seem like anyone else was interested in doing the sprite animations since they'd gone so long without being done. So I was just going to post when I finished something since it didn't seem necessary to say something like 'okay, I'm working on x'.

Edit: I'm planning on doing the Weavile animation next, and the rest of the overworld sprites, but it might take me a while since I'll be busy with some irl stuff over the next few weeks.

Last edited:

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
  • Rangi...I noticed something really peculiar few minutes ago, my Scissor at Lv.86 (Atk = 336)
    can only do "Swords dance" twice, the third one has no effect, I am not really sure if that happened before, but I don't remember that Bug when it was at Lv.60's or 70's...so, maybe it's related with the Atk amount...just check it. Greetings :)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Rangi...I noticed something really peculiar few minutes ago, my Scissor at Lv.86 (Atk = 336)
    can only do "Swords dance" twice, the third one has no effect, I am not really sure if that happened before, but I don't remember that Bug when it was at Lv.60's or 70's...so, maybe it's related with the Atk amount...just check it. Greetings :)

Possibly a third Swords Dance would bring its Attack over 999. Edit: yeah, I think your first Swords Dance raised the multiplier from 1 to 2 (so 336 * 2 = 672), then the second only raised it to 2.5 (336 * 2.5 = 840, but 336 * 3 = 1,008), and no further boosts can be applied. This limit will eventually be removed, thanks to FIQ's battle engine work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2017
    @rangi
    Had to make an account to congratulate you with this hack, not a big fan off the newest hacks with that mega crap and diverse changes as im a old school gamer.. You kept this original but made it even better im in sync with it right now.

Downloaded it yesterday feeling the old school vibe (; will you be changing/making any gen 1/2 hacks in future? Definitly would be down to play once I finish this.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    how is the whiteness in the battles handled? are basic battlebackgrounds possible?

Definitely not, and I have considered it. Colors aren't practical, since white parts of sprites are the same as their "transparent" surroundings. That leaves the possibility of some kind of monochrome pattern (using the darkest hue of the status icon palette) applied to the empty tiles:

For example:

Which varies from "okay-looking" to "cluttered and artificial".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    Definitely not, and I have considered it. Colors aren't practical, since white parts of sprites are the same as their "transparent" surroundings. That leaves the possibility of some kind of monochrome pattern (using the darkest hue of the status icon palette) applied to the empty tiles:

Perhaps there's a way of inverting and giving the option of making the background a "night mode" black, changing the black of sprites to be invisible, and white becomes a color in the sprite? Or an inversion of black and white on screen? Would be easy on the eyes in darker settings, but I'm not sure how easy or hard that would be to implement, or if it's impossible...

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
  • Definitely not, and I have considered it. Colors aren't practical, since white parts of sprites are the same as their "transparent" surroundings. That leaves the possibility of some kind of monochrome pattern (using the darkest hue of the status icon palette) applied to the empty tiles:

For example:

I'm afraid you're right...the concept idea it's awesome, but in the practice it doesn't look like we imagine, I mean it looks really unaccurate and forced -_-

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
  • you say all the future gen evolutions are the same, meaning togetic>togekiss is with a shiny stone (or some kind of stone anyway) what stone is it and where do i get it?

Linnie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2022
    If you were to try adding battle screens, you'd probably have to heavily rearrange the UI to add more room for detail, like TRE2.

This would of course probably mean you'd have to undo a lot of the changes you already made to the UI.

Back