• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    hey, this is probably absolutely already answered, but i cant find a definite:

ive been playing 2.2.0, but i realised 3.0.0 exists beta or not. im in kanto on my 2.2, and id hate to replay it all, so is there a way to transfer a saved 2.2 file over to 3.0? thanks

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2020
    hiii I was wondering if anyone could help me. First off, this hack is great, but I do have some trouble occasionally, there are things that are a good bit harder than in the original or the perfect crystal one by some one else but overall it's been fun. My current dilema is that I have Togetic that I am about to evolve to a Togekiss (level 51) but I assumed it would learn air slash upon evolving with the shiny stone and then could learn Aura Sphere at some point/move tutor/move relearner but instead it is learning disarm voice and when I looked up where a move reminder was in polished, I read Blackthorn and it is not there. I read some where else/ learned moves pages I found that those moves are learned at level one. I am using the new 3.0 beta version. I am new to all of this forums and new terms for things so bare with me. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    hiii I was wondering if anyone could help me. First off, this hack is great, but I do have some trouble occasionally, there are things that are a good bit harder than in the original or the perfect crystal one by some one else but overall it's been fun. My current dilema is that I have Togetic that I am about to evolve to a Togekiss (level 51) but I assumed it would learn air slash upon evolving with the shiny stone and then could learn Aura Sphere at some point/move tutor/move relearner but instead it is learning disarm voice and when I looked up where a move reminder was in polished, I read Blackthorn and it is not there. I read some where else/ learned moves pages I found that those moves are learned at level one. I am using the new 3.0 beta version. I am new to all of this forums and new terms for things so bare with me. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

I'd like my questions answered too.

I can't say anything for 3.0 but 2.2 did put the Move Tutor in the same house as the Move Deletor(cute couple) in Blackthorn. All Pokemon have different movesets than vanilla Crystal. You'll have to breed another Togepi and level it up to find out all of its moves. Many Pokes also learn different moves at their next evolution that the first form won't. Air Slash sounds like something Togepi will not learn, but Togetic might. Another thing to keep in mind is that a Pokes final move might not be until it becomes level 75 or more.

I have a graphical bug for version 2.2 to report. Togekiss has a red and blue feather on each side of a white one on its head. Using it in battle, its sprite shows two red feathers. So not exactly a bug but the sprite artist missed that detail.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not gonna lie, I've spent like the past week playing numerous random hacks and they all either bored or disappointed the crap out of me. I didn't consider giving this a shot since I had already played the version back from 2016, which was already really great, but I wasn't sure if it warranted a re-playthrough(I also didn't feel like playing a gbc hack). but woooow this game is fcking sick, it definitely lives up to its name. I'm not sure how many of the features are standard for GSC hacks nowadays, but the move relearner, updated battle mechanics(and ability pop ups!), improved graphics(pokemon icons!), and the impressive looking EV screen are a few of many things that definitely amazed me. The difficulty is pretty decent, the added map changes/new events add a nice touch, and of course I really dig the balance changes. Really good work here, thanks a ton for this! :)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    The latest feature in the 3.0 beta: getting overworld items shows their icon.

qNq1OU8.png

(It's not implemented for NPCs that give you items, but it could be later.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Just a question what does the option perfect stats mean does all the pokemon have perfect stats even the other trainers pokemon?

Years
  • This looks like an awesome hack, I was actually going to play the "Perfect Crystal" hack on my next playthrough of Crystal, but just found out about this.
    Quick question though:
    I play the game on my Everdrive GB, but it doesn't have a RTC function. Will I be able to manually reset the clock by pressing "Down+Select+B" at the main menu screen? Also, should I just play 3.0 Beta, or wait for the next update?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2024
    It's a long shot I have asked before but couldn't get one.. does anyone know a game shark code for encounters? I used to use 01xx08D2 but this is for an older release of 3.0, the most current release I'm using doesn't allow this to work.

I've found quite a few 'guides' to creating codes online but they just confuse me I've tried so many variants and tried to make my own but no luck I actually destroyed my game somehow and had to restart!
    If anyone could help me out I would be soooo thankful!!

And again Rangi I say it everytime I post you are amazing for creating this game can never thank you enough I throughly enjoy every game play, never encountered a bug and can't fault a single change! You da bombbbb

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2021
    I've already PM'd Rangi on this forum about this but I'll report it here in this thread, too. I don't know how to report issues on GitHub, so I have to report it here. I've crash after almost every trainer in the Goldenrod gym, including Whitney, whose situation a little different than the other two trainers I battled (will get into that below). Sometimes I get an error message, sometimes I don't.

I crash after battling the Beauty trainer in the top left of the gym and the Lass in the middle (Lass Carrie or Connie). I sent Rangi SS's of what happens after these battles.

Just now I tried using a walk through walls glitch to make my way to Whitney to battle her to see if the crash only happens with regular trainers. After I beat her, the battle ended, her crying ensued as usual, and when I turned around and walked away, the game crashed and I got the same error message as the one after the aforementioned Beauty trainer. I think all the Goldenrod City gym trainers in my save file are bugged for some reason. I'm only assuming all the trainers have the issue because I crash after Whitney as well, who belongs to a different trainer class.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2023
    The latest nightly 3.0.0 beta seems to trap you in your characters room right on the tile you start the game on, hmm.

Played the 2.2.0 version though and loved it, so I'm looking forward to playing through the 3.0.0 version too!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2021
    The latest nightly 3.0.0 beta seems to trap you in your characters room right on the tile you start the game on, hmm.

Played the 2.2.0 version though and loved it, so I'm looking forward to playing through the 3.0.0 version too!

I'm having the same problem. You can't move, but you can change directions.

To provide an update about my crashing problem for 2.2.0, I reapplied the 2.2.0 ips patch to another crystal rom base, seeing as how I was using the wrong one (1.1 as opposed to 1.0). Playing with the wrong rom may have caused issues under the hood, leading to the increased chance of crashes. Sadly, I had to write over my original save file because I still don't know how to switch roms and keep the save file from the original rom as I play on a new rom. I'll play as fast as possible to get to where I was before the crash to see if it doesn't happen anymore.

If we can solve the 3.0 beta issue of not being able to move when starting the game, that'd be great. Then I won't need to play through the game again on 2.2.0.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2021
    I can also confirm that the issue of not being able to move has been fixed with the recent beta update. I don't know if Rangi is investigating the crashes in the Goldenrod gym (the ones I PM'd her about) I had on version 2.2.0, but the crashes didn't occur in the latest beta version. I don't see the point of going back to 2.2.0 if this version works fine.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    You can re-battle the first breeder outside of ILEX FOREST an infinite amount of times.

Back