• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
  • I feel like this will be a stupid question. Went to Mr Pokemon to get the EXP. Share, gave me an egg instead. It appears I'm searching in the wrong spot.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    What are the evo levels for Graveler and Haunter in 1.1.2. I took a look at the FAQ code given on the page, but it had been replaced with the 1.2.0 updated sets.

Thanks for checking first. These are the trade evolution levels in 1.1.2:

• Machoke: 46
    • Graveler: 45
    • Kadabra: 36
    • Haunter: 45

Also, these Pokémon will evolve by knowing AncientPower in 2.0.0, but evolve by level in 1.1.2:

• Tangela: 38
    • Yanma: 37
    • Piloswine: 40

Went to Mr Pokemon to get the EXP. Share, gave me an egg instead. It appears I'm searching in the wrong spot.

Prof. Oak's aide in Cliff Edge Gate gives it to you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    You really gotta fix up the fighting dojo. Gym leaders font have dialog and even weird thing where I interact with Pryce but it starts a battle with blain advice versa

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    The Pryce/Blaine swap has already been fixed; thanks for noticing it. And yeah, I do plan to write dialog for them, but thinking of sixteen non-generic ways to say "Let's battle! + Good battle!" is not my specialty.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • The Pryce/Blaine swap has already been fixed; thanks for noticing it. And yeah, I do plan to write dialog for them, but thinking of sixteen non-generic ways to say "Let's battle! + Good battle!" is not my specialty.
    You could just take their battle messages from PWT

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    Thanks for checking first. These are the trade evolution levels in 1.1.2:

• Machoke: 46
    • Graveler: 45
    • Kadabra: 36
    • Haunter: 45

Also, these Pokémon will evolve by knowing AncientPower in 2.0.0, but evolve by level in 1.1.2:

• Tangela: 38
    • Yanma: 37
    • Piloswine: 40

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    I get that this is a rather insane suggestion

But would it at all be possible to make Mega Evolution available in a romhack?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Technically anything is possible, as long as you're good at assembly programming. However, I have no plans to add Mega Evolution to this hack.

The Dubious Disc is somewhere in Celadon City.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • I get that this is a rather insane suggestion

But would it at all be possible to make Mega Evolution available in a romhack?

A bogus mega evolution would be possible but a full on mega evolution similar to gen vi is highly difficult and would require further research and I don't think anyone is really doing something like that in the gen i or ii games.. If you like mega evolutions.. some firered and emerald hacks have one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2021
    I feel like this will be a stupid question. Went to Mr Pokemon to get the EXP. Share, gave me an egg instead. It appears I'm searching in the wrong spot.

The aide after yellow forest

Also re: Theif

You can catch a farfetchd with it on the path to yellow forest before you get the TM

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Before Secret Bases, GSC had decorations for your room. But most of them were only available via Mystery Gift. I've added ways to get all the dolls, plants, beds, and carpets. Here's the Home Decor wing of the Celadon City Dept. Store:

W6Ie2RC.png

It'll be in the 2.0.0 release in the next two weeks.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Before Secret Bases, GSC had decorations for your room. But most of them were only available via Mystery Gift. I've added ways to get all the dolls, plants, beds, and carpets. Here's the Home Decor wing of the Celadon City Dept. Store:

W6Ie2RC.png

It'll be in the 2.0.0 release in the next two weeks.

Would the secret base have any sort of purpose other than flavor or are there some battles that will take place like npc visiting you?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    It's the same room decoration feature as GSC, I just added ways to get the decorations. It's purely visual.

I did just add some special trainer battles, but they're... elsewhere. ;)

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • It's the same room decoration feature as GSC, I just added ways to get the decorations. It's purely visual.

I did just add some special trainer battles, but they're... elsewhere. ;)

More battles == More fun imo

Is the battle factory modified in any way? I havent explored it yet..

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Is the battle factory modified in any way? I havent explored it yet..

You mean the Battle Tower? I haven't edited its trainers yet, but that'll eventually happen.

Veloxenium

Hi! Made an account just to thank you for making this fantastic ROM. It's the best Crystal hack I've seen, hands down.

I was wondering, is there anything I can do about the clock? You see, I like to play on the original hardware and am using an EverDrive to do that. Unfortunately, it doesn't support a RTC so my time is never accurate. This limits the amount of events I can participate in and Pokemon I can catch in-game. Quite a few hacks remove RTC mechanics entirely, but none of them are as comprehensive as your ROM. I'm really torn right now. What do you think I should do?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    :D Thanks for telling me!

Does the time advance at all? Does it advance too quickly or too slowly? Does it advance correctly, but get reset when you turn off the power? My original Crystal cartridge had its internal battery die, and that's what happened—I could keep playing the game as long as the GameBoy was on, but if I saved and restarted the clock would reset.

What you might be able to do is, leave the time incorrect except when you need it, and manually set the clock when you want to execute a time-based event. Press Select+Down+B at the title screen to enter a new time. (That'll just be Down+B in 2.0.0, some emulators and touchscreens have trouble pressing three buttons at once.)

Last edited:

Veloxenium

The time advances normally, but only when the Game Boy is on. It stores the time when I save the game. I've been able to rationalize this from a role-playing standpoint by thinking of time only existing in this world when my character is moving. It makes participating in things like the bug catching contest difficult, because I have to play for literal days before I can try again.

Thanks for the reset suggestion. It's a bit immersion breaking, but it will have to do!

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I realized that held items on wild Pokémon are less common in GSC than the future versions—23% chance of a common item and 2% rare, versus 50% common and 5% rare now. That's been fixed. Should make getting Silver Leaves easier.

I also made it so that the Amulet Coin acts kind of like the Compound Eyes ability. If your lead Pokémon holds one, common items are 60% and rare items are 10%.

Back