• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    I realized that held items on wild Pokémon are less common in GSC than the future versions—23% chance of a common item and 2% rare, versus 50% common and 5% rare now. That's been fixed. Should make getting Silver Leaves easier.

I also made it so that the Amulet Coin acts kind of like the Compound Eyes ability. If your lead Pokémon holds one, common items are 60% and rare items are 10%.
    tbh this can be moved in the hacks showcase section just like pyrite with all the features you added in im sure to vote for this as the ssoty.. Also keep up the good work man, we're eagerly awaiting for v2.0 :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Impressive! What's your in-game time? Are you using a fast forward toggle?

137 hours, 57 mins. and Yes of course i fast forward. Got a life, school and work to worry about. Besides those old pokemon games are way to slow speed wise.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    tbh this can be moved in the hacks showcase section just like pyrite with all the features you added in im sure to vote for this as the ssoty.. Also keep up the good work man, we're eagerly awaiting for v2.0

Thanks! :D I think 2.0 will be more deserving of that.

Besides those old pokemon games are way to slow speed wise.

If I added an toggle in the Options to make running the default, so you hold B to walk, would many people use that?

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Since Raikou is soo annoying to find and I need him for ho oh, how the heck you find mew?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Did you talk to Eusine in the Celadon Pokémon Center? He'll show you all the beasts' locations. Ho-Oh is locked once you get all three, same as in regular Crystal.

As for Mew, try exploring Cinnabar Island.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Did you talk to Eusine in the Celadon Pokémon Center? He'll show you all the beasts' locations. Ho-Oh is unlocked once you get all three, same as in regular Crystal.

As for Mew, try exploring Cinnabar Island.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    *Eusine* God Damn Auto correct. Still getting use to that crap.

ANYWAY! 251 251 251!!!!!!! 251 POKEMON EVERYBODY!!!!! 2 MORE TO GO 2 MORE TO GO!!!

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    ...Maybe that wasn't in 1.1.2. Definitely in 2.0.0 though. Good luck find that last roaming one, then.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    All this traveling, kicking all these classic gym leaders asses and what not. I feel like we missing a certain evil man in this hack. Any chance 2.0 might have the greatest pokemon villain ever? you know who I am talking about ;)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, I hope to finish that event in time for 2.0.0. If not, it will be in a save-compatible 2.0.1. release. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2016
    Hello! I've been playing Polished Crystal for some days and it's been great so far! Nice work! It's very enjoyable to be able to play Crystal with updated mechanics, plus the additional content and buffed stats are also very cool.

There are some things I noticed and believe may need to be fixed. First, Metapod and Kakuna should learn Harden at Lv 7, upon evolution. Currently it's a Lv 1 move only, so if you evolve your Caterpie/Weedle they'll be unable to learn it without the Move Reminder.

An oversight, but Shellder should be able to learn Avalanche via TM, considering they get it via level up.

Also, since TMs are reusable (awesome!!), each one of them should be found in a single location. I got TM54 at the gate north of Ilex Forest, then saw it could be bought a minute later in Goldenrod Dept Store. I took a look in your FAQ and noticed a few TMs can be found more than once. I imagine you are planning to change that eventually, but I just wanted to point it out.

That's about it. Looking forward to the next releases!

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I know I would. Holding down B on the Game Boy is annoying if you're trying to play with one hand.

Done!

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

I still need to get rid of that Print option now that the printer code is completely removed to help make room for real features. Any suggestions? Nuzlocke mode where reviving is disabled, hard mode where you can't use items in battle, cheat mode to walk through walls and make Start an auto-win-battle button?

There are some things I noticed and believe may need to be fixed. First, Metapod and Kakuna should learn Harden at Lv 7, upon evolution. Currently it's a Lv 1 move only, so if you evolve your Caterpie/Weedle they'll be unable to learn it without the Move Reminder.

Thanks, I just noticed that when I was raising my shiny Weedle. :) It'll be in 2.0.

(Does it seem like there are too many shinies? The chances should be 1 in 1,024, and I'm quite sure the code is correct. Maybe I'm just lucky, I've done three sped-up playthroughs and found a shiny in each.)

An oversight, but Shellder should be able to learn Avalanche via TM, considering they get it via level up.

You're right.

I got TM54 at the gate north of Ilex Forest, then saw it could be bought a minute later in Goldenrod Dept Store. I took a look in your FAQ and noticed a few TMs can be found more than once. I imagine you are planning to change that eventually, but I just wanted to point it out.

I just assumed that not everyone would find the item ball TMs, so leaving them also available in stores is okay. Maybe I'll change it later.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    Done!

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

I still need to get rid of that Print option now that the printer code is completely removed to help make room for real features. Any suggestions? Nuzlocke mode where reviving is disabled, hard mode where you can't use items in battle, cheat mode to walk through walls and make Start an auto-win-battle button?

Thanks, I just noticed that when I was raising my shiny Weedle. :) It'll be in 2.0.

(Does it seem like there are too many shinies? The chances should be 1 in 1,024, and I'm quite sure the code is correct. Maybe I'm just lucky, I've done three sped-up playthroughs and found a shiny in each.)

You're right.

I just assumed that not everyone would find the item ball TMs, so leaving them also available in stores is okay. Maybe I'll change it later.

Nuzlocke mode would be awesome!

Back