• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
Years
  • Hi Guys, What do you thing about to do an udate to Ampharos? i mean, turn it into an Electric/Dragon pkm as his MegaEvolution...after all in you Mod (a marvelous one i must add), even Clair have an Ampharos in her team, besides until this genereation (Gen 2), the games seriously lacks of dragon type pkms.

By the way, i'm a poke fan and gamer of these games for maybe 15 years, and i just can modify cristal version in a very basic form (like trainer's pkms, base stats, pkm's types, tm compatibilities, etc), obviously you are in a very very high level, but maybe i can give you some ideas...for example:
    -Blizzard 100% accuracy in hail.
    -Add Aura sphere and Drain Punch (the last one with the animation of Mega Punch that you delete from the game).
    -I think that Water Pulse will look better if somehow you mix the animation of Screench with the Wet effect of Water gun.
    -Bulk Up whit the animation of Focus energy, endure, etc.
    -Bullet punch with the same animation of Match punch.

By the way, i just con say "CONGRATULATIONS!!" You did such a good job that i can't think in some other tip for you in this moment, maybe when i think in any one i can tell you...if you are OK with that...

Grettings!!

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hi Guys, What do you thing about to do an udate to Ampharos? i mean, turn it into an Electric/Dragon pkm as his MegaEvolution...after all in you Mod (a marvelous one i must add), even Clair have an Ampharos in her team, besides until this genereation (Gen 2), the games seriously lacks of dragon type pkms.

By the way, i'm a poke fan and gamer of these games for maybe 15 years, and i just can modify cristal version in a very basic form (like trainer's pkms, base stats, pkm's types, tm compatibilities, etc), obviously you are in a very very high level, but maybe i can give you some ideas...for example:
    -Blizzard 100% accuracy in hail.
    -Add Aura sphere and Drain Punch (the last one with the animation of Mega Punch that you delete from the game).
    -I think that Water Pulse will look better if somehow you mix the animation of Screench with the Wet effect of Water gun.
    -Bulk Up whit the animation of Focus energy, endure, etc.
    -Bullet punch with the same animation of Match punch.

By the way, i just con say "CONGRATULATIONS!!" You did such a good job that i can't think in some other tip for you in this moment, maybe when i think in any one i can tell you...if you are OK with that...

Grettings!!

Hi, thanks for reviewing Polished Crystal! I'm glad you like it. :)

I did consider making Ampharos Electric/Dragon, but you get Mareep before the second badge, and a Dragon that early would be overpowered. And changing the evolution to require some late-game item, the way Seadra needs a Dragon Scale, would be too non-canon without enough reason.

Charizard and Exeggutor are the other Mega Dragons. Exeggcute is also available early via Headbutt, so it's staying Grass/Psychic, but Charizard (well, Charmander) is in the Safari Zone... any opinions on whether it should be Fire/Flying or Fire/Dragon?

Blizzard already is 100% accurate in Hail, as of 2.1.0.

Most of the new moves need better animations. I just reused some because it's easier, but will eventually design custom ones. Thanks for the suggestions.

Aura Sphere is a cool move, but only Togekiss, Mewtwo, and Mew would learn it, and Mewtwo already has one signature move. Drain Punch would be nice to have, as well as Sucker Punch, Acrobatics, Volt Switch, U-Turn, Toxic Spikes, and so many other moves, but I'd have to remove another one to make room for it, and none of them stand out as worth removing.

uchihamadada

Years
  • Well, i can understand your point about how early mareep appears in the game...also, Flaaffy evolves to Ampharos at a very low level if you ask me...Lv 30, maybe al level 40 or 42 will be something more logical for a Dragon type (like Flygon).

About your question, i belive, only for this generations, that it's a better choice if Charizard keeps his Fire/Flying dual type...i've alredy turn it into a Fire/Dragon in some Roms that I have previously modified (Like Emerald or BW2), but i did that just because i can chance his hability too (Blaze -> Levitate), in gen too simply i can't stand that Charizard can be hit it for an Earthquake -_-, i mean, it's not logical, what about his Wings? {XD} (same problem with Reshiram and Zekrom {XD}

Talking about moves, i receantly check te "moves.asm" data and noticed that Zap Cannon still has 100 base power, i think that in new generation has 120. About aura sphere, you are ok, the list of those who result benefit is very low...by the way i mentioned Blizzard and his acuraccy because in your section of moves feactures it just mention that Hail boost ice types defense by 50%...and any anthing about blizzard (this is great for pkms like Articuno that use to die agains every rock attack, and almost all rock types are brutal physical sweepers...good job!).

And finally, suggestions:
    -Add Fang attacks (ice fang, fire fang and thunder fang)...even if it's just with Bite or Crunch animation.
    -Drain punch (yes, once again) i love this move! {:3}

Also, as a DELETE suggestions:
    -Pursuit
    -Rage
    -Sketch!!! {:3}
    - Leech life, i mean it only has 20 base power, useless even for Bug-type pkms
    - Triple kick, in essence it's the same that Double kick but even with less accuracy, and like aura-sphere just Hitmontop use it...if a really serious Hitmontop still has that move in his moveset in a really serious battle...

Oh! I almost forgot! In Crystal (Original version) i used to put this Little code to send to his maximum possible the IV's of my pokemons afther i capture it:
    "01FFF4DC, 01FFF5DC"
    But it doesn't work now, i suppose that is because when you Modify the version some Hex values move it in consequence...i wonder if you know what can be the code now? it's so annoying capture an infinity of Suicunes (for example) -_-, till i find the best (with best stat possible)... :)

...Well, that's all that i can tell you for now buddy...Grettings!

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    TPP:AC removes Sand Attack (because Mud Slap is a thing) I think, if you want ideas on moves to remove to add new ones. Personally I don't really miss any move that isn't in in particular.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2021
    I found a problem with the Game Console in the menu Decoration.
    1) The Wii doesn't appear in the list
    2) When I choose NES it's a SNES
    3) When I choose SNES it's a Nintendo 64
    4) When I choose Nintendo 64 it's a Gamecube
    and 5) When I choose Gamecube it's a Wii

By the way I love this hack :)

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    I ran into a glitch. I filled up box 1, so bill called to inform me and switched to box 2. Now box 2 is glitched, says there's 5 pokemon in it, but when I go to withdraw pokemon I caught that were put there, it's empty. I tried switching to box 1 and back to box 2, but it still glitches.

Years
  • I'm enjoying this hack so far, good job! :)

A minuscule detail. When I met Falkner in Dark Cave, his Pidgeotto had the classic mini icon sprite, same thing with this Pidgey:

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Talking about moves, i receantly check te "moves.asm" data and noticed that Zap Cannon still has 100 base power, i think that in new generation has 120.

You're right, I've fixed that.

Also, as a DELETE suggestions:
    -Pursuit
    -Rage
    -Sketch!!! {:3}
    - Leech life, i mean it only has 20 base power, useless even for Bug-type pkms
    - Triple kick, in essence it's the same that Double kick but even with less accuracy, and like aura-sphere just Hitmontop use it...if a really serious Hitmontop still has that move in his moveset in a really serious battle...

Well, Pursuit is useful for predicting a switch. I could maybe remove Rage, but it's sometimes been useful for letting a Gym Leader's early weak Pokémon power mine up and then easily KO their ace. Sketch is essential for Smeargle (and no, I'm not removing Smeargle). Zubats with Leech Life are annoying, but caves wouldn't be the same without them. And Triple Kick, sure it's not a great move, but I already used it to pad out learnsets where other kicking moves were deleted. Hitmonchan already has so many more options than Hitmonlee and Hitmontop.

In Crystal (Original version) i used to put this Little code to send to his maximum possible the IV's of my pokemons afther i capture it:
    "01FFF4DC, 01FFF5DC"
    But it doesn't work now, i suppose that is because when you Modify the version some Hex values move it in consequence...i wonder if you know what can be the code now?

The new equivalent is 01FFFDDC 01FFFDDE. Of course, you can change the FFs to anything for better natures, shininess, etc.

I found a problem with the Game Console in the menu Decoration.
    1) The Wii doesn't appear in the list
    2) When I choose NES it's a SNES
    3) When I choose SNES it's a Nintendo 64
    4) When I choose Nintendo 64 it's a Gamecube
    and 5) When I choose Gamecube it's a Wii

Thank you, I've fixed this.

I ran into a glitch. I filled up box 1, so bill called to inform me and switched to box 2. Now box 2 is glitched, says there's 5 pokemon in it, but when I go to withdraw pokemon I caught that were put there, it's empty. I tried switching to box 1 and back to box 2, but it still glitches.

Argh, I thought this was already fixed. Are you using 2.2.0?

A minuscule detail. When I met Falkner in Dark Cave, his Pidgeotto had the classic mini icon sprite, same thing with this Pidgey:

Yeah, I only had new graphics for Pidgey's and Pidgeot's front views. There's another place where the old bird sprite gets used for a Farfetch'd. It's on the to-do list.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Yo man love The hack ?????? just something that boggle my mind there is a house in ectreuk city that has some kind of stories on a paper is there a plot for that or what

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Yes I am. Would you like me to PM My save file?

Yes, please.

Yo man love The hack ������ just something that boggle my mind there is a house in ectreuk city that has some kind of stories on a paper is there a plot for that or what

Oh good, someone noticed that. :) A certain person lives there, you'll see them later. The stories themselves are references to an actual series of books.

Freeziepop

lulztastic
    Years
  • Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

well this is awk

I love this game-- this is my favorite hack by a long shot. I've been breeding for a shit ton of shinies-- I'm math retarded so is the shiny ditto + whatever still 1/64 or?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023

well this is awk

I love this game-- this is my favorite hack by a long shot. I've been breeding for a shit ton of shinies-- I'm math retarded so is the shiny ditto + whatever still 1/64 or?

Hahaha. There can be only one!

Yes, 1/64 for breeding with shiny Ditto. Wild shinies should be 1 in 1,024; I could swear the shininess check routine is correct, but it seems like people are encountering quite a lot of shinies. Has anyone not run into a shiny Pokémon, apart from the Odd Egg, Red Gyarados, and Ditto egg? (And one more that maybe nobody encountered yet...)

Mag-Mar

50% Saved Steps
    Years
  • Hahaha. There can be only one!

Yes, 1/64 for breeding with shiny Ditto. Wild shinies should be 1 in 1,024; I could swear the shininess check routine is correct, but it seems like people are encountering quite a lot of shinies. Has anyone not run into a shiny Pokémon, apart from the Odd Egg, Red Gyarados, and Ditto egg? (And one more that maybe nobody encountered yet...)

I told you!
    I am a F***** Pidgey lure. I didn't catch but I think the routine is ok. It's very rare to find shiny that early. And I spent some minutes in max speed.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Shiny breeding actually gives a Shiny 1/32 of the time, not 1/64 in Polished Crystal.

Inheritance: Polished Crystal Shiny Rate, Vanilla Shiny Rate
    Attack is never inherited: 1/2, 1/2
    Defense is always inherited: 1/1, 1/1
    Speed is never inherited: 1/8, 1/16
    Special always inherits the 3 lower bits but generates the top bit randomly: 1/2, 1/2

Result: 1/2 * 1/1 * 1/2 * 1/8 = 1/32 in Polished Crystal.
    Vanilla result: 1/2 * 1/1 * 1/2 * 1/16 = 1/64 in ordinary Crystal.

One thing worth mentioning is that this also means that Natures in Polished Crystal that depends on the Atk+Def DVs share a connection with the father (or Ditto), and that you are guranteed its nature at least 1/16 of the time, possibly 2/16 or more in some cases, and that some Natures cannot be acquired with that particular father/Ditto.

Last edited:

uchihamadada

Years
  • Maybe you can chance the animation of Focus Blast, i was playing few minutes ago and see that it looks like a Punching move, maybe if looks like an hyper beam would be better, well that just my point of view.

Talking about Shinys, i alredy captured 2, one zubat (now is a crobat in lv 52), at the Dark Cave before my first gym battle, an excellent adition to my party!! the second one, is a Mankey that i find near Mohagany Town...it's really nice that Shiny pkms are no more almost imposible to find :)

By the way, thanks for the IV's Code :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2021
    i just had the game crash on me as i was scrolling down the pokedex! i'm not sure i can give much more info, i was curious if i had seen a certain pokemon so i went down and a little below Wooper it froze on me

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    still having that glitch
    View attachment 80191

i just had the game crash on me as i was scrolling down the pokedex! i'm not sure i can give much more info, i was curious if i had seen a certain pokemon so i went down and a little below Wooper it froze on me

Thanks for letting me know. I'm not able to reproduce either of these, so there are probably specific circumstances that trigger them. Will keep debugging it.

Back