• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    will v3 saves be compatible with 2.2.0?
    i want to start this hack but i dont want to get too immersed if saves arent compatible

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    So here's what I'm working on right now...

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    Is there a way to easily check my pokemon's DV'S??? As an ocd minmaxer, all I want is a game that allows me easy viewing of the stats of my pokemon

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    So I can play up to the 4th gym with a terrible starter?

Or you can estimate the DVs yourself: enter your Pokémon's stats into this calculator (as soon as you get it, so stat exp will be 0) and you'll get stat ranges from N to N+30. Your actual stat is N+IV×2. The "possible DVs" estimator may say "invalid stat" because I've added separate IVs for HP, Sp.Atk, and Sp.Def. Also, don't forget to take natures into account first. So if you have an Adamant (+Atk −Sp.Atk) Pokémon with 110 Attack and 90 Sp.Atk, enter 100 for both stats.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    Thanks! :) I love this hack, and I really only like omicron/zeta, insurgence, vega and this one. There are two things that I'm really hoping for. An easier way to tell IV's, and an endgame thing like battle frontier style, it gives the game a lot of replay value in my opinion.

I've been entering my stats into that calculator, it just sucks having to ballpark them at low levels :(

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Thanks! :) I love this hack, and I really only like omicron/zeta, insurgence, vega and this one. There are two things that I'm really hoping for. An easier way to tell IV's, and an endgame thing like battle frontier style, it gives the game a lot of replay value in my opinion.

I've been entering my stats into that calculator, it just sucks having to ballpark them at low levels :(

Well, you can already rematch a lot of trainers at high levels (the Elite 4, Gym Leaders and some others in the Fighting Dojo, a few more trainers in hidden areas), and the Battle Tower lets you have evenly-matched fights with strong Pokémon (although their movesets still need tuning). In 3.0 I'll modify the Battle Tower to reward Battle Points exchangable for good items.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Or you can estimate the DVs yourself: enter your Pokémon's stats into this calculator (as soon as you get it, so stat exp will be 0) and you'll get stat ranges from N to N+30. Your actual stat is N+IV×2. The "possible DVs" estimator may say "invalid stat" because I've added separate IVs for HP, Sp.Atk, and Sp.Def. Also, don't forget to take natures into account first. So if you have an Adamant (+Atk −Sp.Atk) Pokémon with 110 Attack and 90 Sp.Atk, enter 100 for both stats.
    Might be easier to just use the newer IV calculators -- it produces effectively the same results as what Polished Crystal does while allowing you to specify Nature, just remember to divide IV output by 2. This is even more relevant once 3.0 rolls around with EVs.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I have two questions:

1) Is there a reward for completing the Pokédex? I'm sick of that stupid diploma.
    2) Have already been fixed the glitch that causes 100% accuracy moves to fail without a reason?

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    The 1/256 miss glitch was fixed in GSC already.
    I also addressed a similar 1/256 no-crit glitch when I implemented Super Luck, and a 1/256 no-secondary-effect glitch when implementing Serene Grace, so a fix to these will also be around in 3.0.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    The 1/256 miss glitch was fixed in GSC already.
    I also addressed a similar 1/256 no-crit glitch when I implemented Super Luck, and a 1/256 no-secondary-effect glitch when implementing Serene Grace, so a fix to these will also be around in 3.0.

But I find a lot of times my moves fail even in the first turn before any stat change is applied.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    But I find a lot of times my moves fail even in the first turn before any stat change is applied.

Could you provide concrete examples? This is a bug that has been reported earlier that I (and I think Rangi as well) have been unable to reproduce. Are you able to reproduce it consistently? How? Even with 100% accuracy moves (to eliminate the RNG from this)?

Accuracy calculation was rewritten from scratch in 3.0 (to simplify addition of abilities and to make it work like in generation III and beyond) so the bug might have disappeared. But at the same time, before then, accuracy logic was unchanged from GSC (which doesn't have this bug), so it might still be lurking about but not directly in accuracy calc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Could you provide concrete examples? This is a bug that has been reported earlier that I (and I think Rangi as well) have been unable to reproduce. Are you able to reproduce it consistently? How? Even with 100% accuracy moves (to eliminate the RNG from this)?

Accuracy calculation was rewritten from scratch in 3.0 (to simplify addition of abilities and to make it work like in generation III and beyond) so the bug might have disappeared. But at the same time, before then, accuracy logic was unchanged from GSC (which doesn't have this bug), so it might still be lurking about but not directly in accuracy calc.

Yes, it most often happened with my Venomoth and my Espeon. My Venomoth has Bug Buzz, Sludge Bomb and Energy Ball (all with 100% acc) and my Espeon has Psychic, DazzlinGleam and Shadow Ball (again, all with 100% acc). It has happened several times.

Also, another thing I noticed is that Psychic is listed as an Status move instead of Special.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    I know that has nothing to do but how about to insert one of the Alola starter, We could get it after beating Red.
    We could get the pokemon from Oak's cousin came to visit him from Alola

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I have two questions:

1) Is there a reward for completing the Pokédex? I'm sick of that stupid diploma.
    2) Have already been fixed the glitch that causes 100% accuracy moves to fail without a reason?

The Shiny and Oval Charms will be rewards like in Black/White.

Back