• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

How should the battle system be like?

• Regular but with backgrounds and a few other things added

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Isometric view and have a battle like pokemon stadium/coliseum with arenas and stuff.

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010

Made with: Sphere
    Introduction:Hey guys I'm making a pokemon game thats different from others, its pokemon in isometric view(view's such as in tactics games and in megaman battle network)
    I've been working on this game for a while now, it was being made on RMXP but then it was moved to sphere since RMXP didnt have a proper working isometric system. Some people on here may recognize this game from other sites such as dubealex and pixeltendo as this game was very popular and has gotten many feedback from people who've seen it, which i hope to get here also, anyway i have a proper story for now, I will add more to it once the game gets futher in development:

Story:The game starts off in a NEW version of Hoenn(with more of a FR/LG apperence with G/S/C elements also) and you shall explore the world of pokemon once again with the plot of R/S/E with more of a twist. Team Roket will return on search for more rare pokemon while Teams Magma/Aqua are on the hunt for Groudon/Kyogre again. You play as a trainer(with a G/S/C looking style) and journey through Hoenn and travel to new areas that weren't in the gba games and capture pokemon and collect badges to get into the pokemon league and fight evil and other obsticles on your quest as well.

More will be added soon

Features:(Note:Some of these features may not be availible or will be changed while game gets into further development)
    Bulbasaur,Cyndaquil, and Mudkip will be starters
    Return of old characters
    50+ New Pokemon
    Better battle system
    Reputation system(if possible)
    New areas in Hoenn region and return to old areas from previous games(other regions for example)
    Team Rocket returns
    All Pokemon 386 availible(chance of new ones not all being obtainalble)
    All HMs including new ones.
    Fusion lab
    Side Quest
    Mr. Mime,manene, and machop/evos are just only boy pokemon.(can't belive they never did this for the original)
    Mini-boss battles, like in pokemon mystery dungeon
    Pokemon D/P suprises
    more to come...

Screenshots:

the new littleroot town(Incomplete):
    https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e199/dasuspect/littlerootbig.png

Thats all for now I will add more once I get more stuff done, PM me if you want to help,
    I'm not in any help with pokemon graphic's right now, some sphere help would be great though with coding/scripting and such. More to come soon so until later.

EDIT: DEMO DOES NOT WORK, NEXT RELEASE IN EARLY 2007

Last edited:
    Years
    This looks interesting, and is a nice change (graphically) from the standard Pokémon (fan)game.
    Though, I noticed a few flaws in the graphics, the sign for one, its right foot is larger than the left one. As a result it looks awkward.
    It is not a whole big deal, but it would be nice if it was fixed.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Thnx for that, ill fix that right away i never had noticed that before, anyway i'll have more screenshots later on, and in a few days i'll come out with a demo that will let you walk around from this town to oldale so until later.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    yes, this game DOES look very different from others. Keep it up

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    I love the graphics, it gives like a megaman-ish feel to the game. Hurry up and make more screens!! I wanna see more!! =D

SyrupMaker

I make Syrup, Want some?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2006
    OMFG
    That F$%$# looks cool!! When can we expect a demo? :D

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    SyrupMaker said:
    OMFG
    That F$%$# looks cool!! When can we expect a demo? :D
    Hehe thnx, a walking demo should be availible in the next few days, dont know an appropriate date, but i would say around in a week or 2.
    and i have a small teaser of route 101, obviously its not finshed:
    https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e199/dasuspect/route101.png

@Demonta: I made most of the town like trees,grass,signs,mailbox,people, and such but the buildings were made by Nitram18354, he should be posting here once he gets on.

T.R.S.M

Expert Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    WOAH
    looking forward to this
    will The have a custom battle system
    if so please may we have some screens.
    if battle system uses the same sprites for trainers as the gba games i could make some trainer sprites for you.

keep the GREAT work coming

________
    T.R.S.M

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    VEEERY nice! ^_^;
    I love it XD especially since those are my favourite starters XD

are you gonna have overworld pokemon? itd be awesome if your starter followed behind you =/

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Yeah i've made some pokemon overworlds, but the sprites that are best for the game are the ones from pokemon ranger, i wish i can get some sprites from that game but its impossible right now.
    Right now im finishing up the inside of the trainers house, when im done with that ill post the screenshot of that.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Oh yeah I see what you mean, real shame ><
    I cant really help out except through graphics,which you seem to need no help at, very proffesional ^^;

How is the battle system gonna work? I cant wait to see XD

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Its gonna be a while until a battle sytem but ill tell you this, theres gonna be backgrounds and diffrent looking hp bars(similar to D/P) so thats all i can tell you now, and im almost done with the first floor of the trainer's house.
    EDIT: finished:

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    wow a 3D pokemon Game and you put my fav starter in (Cyndiquil)
    this looks so cool i new that sphere was powerful but i never imagend it could do anything like this

Nitram

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2009
    Yeah I'm here. Those pictures in the house are a nice touch. And people who say it's 3D, its not it's isometric

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    thnx, the first floor is now 100% finished, now all there is to do is finish upsairs, the lab, rivals house, other person's house, and finish up the outside of littleroot and the town will be finished.

Darkgoten

Pokemon Master
    Years
    very nice dude, this is a creative piece of work but I do have a few suggestions.

1. Littleroot town looks just like pallet, You may unno wanna change it around.
    2. Light effects would also improve the game allot.
    3. Improve on your shading, this will help it look more realistic.

Other than that this game looks great. It will take allot of effort to complette it but never give up. Plus I am very curious about your battle system please post some screenshots when its complette.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back