• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

How should the battle system be like?

• Regular but with backgrounds and a few other things added

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Isometric view and have a battle like pokemon stadium/coliseum with arenas and stuff.

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Nice to see your making your game with Sphere, can I ask if those fonts are the ones I ripped a couple of months ago for Sphere? (I'd just like to know if they are being used since I ripped all official colors) :P

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Thanks, i dont think those are the ones you ripped, theyre from DaVince's game, i got permission from him for that font.

oh and i wont upload the demo again, the next one will probably come sometime in fall. The last demo is outdated and everything in it was fixed so its best to wait for a better version since people want more in the next one.

scf ive finished most of the main trainer's poses so ill show that in a screenshot when im done with him.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    aight, mine isn't on the internet anymore. I'll have to find the CD where I burned it (I had the white, red, blue, gret, green, black, etc text including the small one used in battles) and I'll give them to you with an 100% assurance the font looks exactly the same as in the real games :P

btw, if you need anyone to help you with the game I am available (I was working on Pokemon Chromatite which you can find here in the forums) but since I gave up on chromatite cause I lost all stuff I had on it I am either gonna start a new game or offer my help to someone so if you need me just say, keep up the good work

DaVince

Game Creator
    Years
    Thanks, i dont think those are the ones you ripped, theyre from DaVince's game, i got permission from him for that font.

Haha, credit! But, I actually got the smaller font from someone else too (though I can't remember who, shame on me)!

This is starting to look better and better. Good job, darthjarjar. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    I knew I recognised the font name from somewhere, oh well since I can't prove it you don't need to give credit but I did make the smaller fonts and post a link over at Spheredev and here on the resource thread :P

Chaos_Pikachu

Chaotic Pikachu
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 6, 2007
    if only you held till now to make up the battle system since pokemon mysterious dungeon is almost out they have sprites for it which are like yours

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Nah, the MD sprites aren't isometric, so they don't really work in that sense.

Moreover, they're the wrong size as well, and at a different angle.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Nah, the MD sprites aren't isometric, so they don't really work in that sense.

Moreover, they're the wrong size as well, and at a different angle.

DJJ and I have already had this disscussion. THe MD sprites simply don't fit.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years
    Well, Ive jsut sat here and read through the whole topic/project, and i am speechless......
    its amazing
    im just like... wow
    Shame the demos wont work for me, the zipped files wont even download!
    Anyway this is aboslutly amaing, keep up your outstanding work and also
    Will You Marry Me :D lol

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah, the Demo link was removed i think...

anyway, DJJ will hopefully update soon. I don't want this to die.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Demos arent working for right now, another will be released soon, so wait for the next one in the mean time, i already know that they dont work.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    i noticed someone on your forums after you in dem release has the demo in there sig and it works perfectly

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    omg dude... all the pokemon you've made kick so much butt... i'm steadily falling in love with you. XD

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    It'll be just like the origional games.

I know that DJJ is preparing for a mega-update that'll shock the world as we know it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2007
    I only have 1 thing to say: Nintendo and Capcom must be eating their hearst out when they see this MUHAHAHAHAHA

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    What an amazing game. I have seen this along the way and the standard of it is absolutely amazing. The sprites and idea for the game are amazing and very unique. DarthJarJar, I salute your amazing work. 100/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back