• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    So I just got a Protean Froakie and apparently I read in YouTube that I can use a bottle cap to change its ability to Battle Bond when it become a Greninja. Protean Greninja seems more useful to me though so I'm thinking of breeding the froakie with a ditto. Though will the protean ability be passed down to the egg as well?

Okay so my comment is false, the bottle cap only makes my ability return to torrent. Can anyone please tell me how to get an Ash-Greninja? Please? I've been ignored here since Saturday so I hope someone finally answers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Okay so my comment is false, the bottle cap only makes my ability return to torrent. Can anyone please tell me how to get an Ash-Greninja? Please? I've been ignored here since Saturday so I hope someone finally answers.

In this hack, Battle Bond is one of Greninja's regular abilities. If you have Torrent, just use an ability pill to change it. Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2020
    Howdy gamers, anyone know if the usual Pokemon are shiny locked in this game? I want to hunt some of the ultra beasts if not :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2023
    Just finished the game. This is an excellent hack; by far the greatest I've played.

The difficulty was at a high enough level to not be tedious. At no point in the game did I find myself grinding, just having to come up with new strategies. My team I finished with is what I used for nearly the whole run (except for Ninetales-A>Rotom-W). Lorelei was absurdly difficult but having different weather setters and Protect users definitely helped. Having no steel/fairy types made this much harder than it probably actually is too. IV/EV maxing isn't necessary by the way, nor is having a particular team archetype.

Probably gonna try and do some monotype runs on the randomized game now! Cheers!

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      Radical red 1.png
      57.4 KB · Views: 20
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2021
    does typhlosion get chlorophyll in this game + base 150 speed because I dont see how a typhlosion outspeeds a plus 2 speed mega aerodactyl

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2020
    bro this fucking piece of shit video make no fucking sense on how to download radical red make a fucking doc where we can download all the file we need

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    Just joined the community to thank you Soupercell, for this amazing romhack. My best poke experience ever, tough but fair.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    does typhlosion get chlorophyll in this game + base 150 speed because I dont see how a typhlosion outspeeds a plus 2 speed mega aerodactyl

In this hack, Typhlosion has a new ability that acts as a fire-type version of Gale Wings.

SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
    i had this idea for a team for the e4 and got determined while being fully aware of what a horrendous idea it would be. this rom hack has been great for learning pokemon as someone who hasn't played pokemon much before. then i threw all that out the door for a wobbuffet strategy with sylveon to fill the typing gap. i would also not recommend a wobbuffet based strategy like this for obvious reason. i have had so many restarts on the e4 that it's practically a touchy subject out of embarrassment of how many it took for this to work. thank god for focus sashes.

edit: oh wait no i hate focus sashes. darkrai you prick

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      B949D946-7E46-4F1C-ABF2-F0037E3A7A1F.jpeg
      123.4 KB · Views: 21
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2021
    Soupercell, are you planning on adding the rest of the gigantamax forms as megas? Mons like Alcremie, Centiskorch, Sandaconda, and Copperajah could definitely benefit from it. It would also be cool if u could add gigantamax forms as an alternate mega to pokemon which already have a mega (ex: Gengar, Blastoise, Venusaur). I could understand not giving pokes like Corviknight megas bc its already really good, but giving megas to pokes like Alcremie could definitely be cool and help them out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    bro this fucking piece of shit video make no fucking sense on how to download radical red make a fucking doc where we can download all the file we need

There's instructions on the first post on how to patch the ROM.

But you'll need to find the ROM on your own. It can't be provided for legal reasons.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2023
    Awesome romhack Soupercell, I really enjoyed it! This is coming from someone who played (and worked on) SNES rpg romhacks in general; this is the first GBA romhack (excluding translation patches) I played! I really loved your changes to Thief, huge quality of life upgrade. The "bug" from the Pickup ability also made me really enjoy this hack too. The last Pokemon gen I ever played competitively was gen 4, I skipped all later generations with the exception of Ultra Sun (because I heard they removed gyms and looked forward to something different in Pokemon's single player, ironically gyms just got cut due to time constraints for the original Sun). Adding in so many Pokemon and moves from Sword and Shield were great too. I loved the areas added in by your romhack with the Swords of Justice Pokemon.

Some improvements I would love to see in later versions of your hack:
    - Post game content
    - More edited / added locations
    - Some of the unused placeholder Pokemon you are clearly working on (including the Giga's)
    - Further refinements on moves that used to reduce accuracy (they were always legal & served a phasing purpose, also some moves become redundant or are worse off with no secondary affect like Mud Slap in your hack)
    - IV perfecter giving you the ability to select the IVs you want for a particular Hidden Power type

I ended up using the same team after Safari Zone, most of the game before the Safari Zone I was using a Magneton until I caught Meltan, before that in the earlier gyms I had used Mightyena (with Strong Jaw) and Stararaptor before I finalized my team. The Third gym I had trouble with and ending up using 3 ground types with (usual Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon which was always intended to be a part of my team, with Gligar and Dugtrio being only used for the Lt. Surge battle). The Persian I had since Route 3 was originally just a Meowth with Pickup meant for field utility but just ended up far too useful with Fake Out and it already had a perfect speed iv, so I decided to evolve it while in the Silph Co. Building to Persian and changed it's ability to Technician (it held an Amulet Coin for trainer battles all the time anyway). Right before the Elite 4 I ended up saving (and spending) enough money get 4 Pokemon to have Perfect IVs, first was Charizard (which became useful for gyms where I would use Charizard X with Dragon Dance), then Breloom, then Flygon, and finally Persian. The Mismagius for Elite 4 was from a 3 star raid battle (it wasn't the first Mismagius on my team) with perfect Defense, Special Defense, and Speed IVs, and the Melmetal had Perfect IVs in HP and Attack (plus had A in Defense IVs and A+ in Special Defense IVs) already.

Charizard Y was used for the Elite 4, Timid Nature with EVs maxed out in Special Attack & Speed (moves Roost, Air Slash, Solar Beam, Flamethrower) .
    Flygon (Levitate) held Focus Sash / Soft Sand, Adamant Nature maxed EVs in Attack & Speed (moves Dragon Dance, Fire Punch, Earthquake, Dragon Claw).
    Persian held Amulet Coin, Jolly Nature maxed EVs in Attack & Speed (moves Fake Out, Bite, Play Rough, and U-turn/Return; Return was only used for the final Battle).
    Mismagius held Leftovers/Spelltag/Choice Specs, Timid Nature maxed EVs in Defense & Speed (moves Mean Look, Perish Song, Pain Split, Shadow Ball) [it worked great against Agatha and Perish Song would do good Phasing & troll the opponent's last Pokemon with Persian's Fake Out, but it was usually a load otherwise]
    Breloom held Toxic Orb, Careful Nature maxed EVs in Defense & Special Defense (moves Spore, Leech Seed, Substitute, Focus Punch).
    Melmetal held Assault Vest / Expert Belt / Weakness Policy, Careful Nature maxed EVs in Attack & Special Defense (moves Double Iron Bash, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch)

Attachments

Pokemon Fire Red GiroGang Team.png
      12.7 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2021
    Is there a way to get acrobatics on hawlucha? It usually gets it through tm but the tm for acrobatics isn't available in the game and I don't see any move tutors teaching it either.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2022
    Is there a way to get acrobatics on hawlucha? It usually gets it through tm but the tm for acrobatics isn't available in the game and I don't see any move tutors teaching it either

If you can access Fuchsia City there is an egg move tutor there iirc. Otherwise Hawlucha learns Dual Wingbeat at Level 55

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2023
    Long-time competitive player and difficulty romhack enjoyer here.

Finished this romhack recently, it was pretty good. More difficulty romhacks need to disable items in-battle, and I like being able to use SwSh mons without buying the game lol

My only real significant issue is the presence of EVs. They have no place in a single-player romhack. EVs are a grind, especially pre-Koga. The vast majority of EV distributions is pretty much minmaxing your mon; which you probably realize since most boss mons are EV'd that way. In competitive, there is a reason to use non-minmaxed EVs for anti-meta reasons, ie Pheromosa investing in defense a little to survive the common Mamoswine's Ice Shard. That kind of EVing doesn't work for a single-player game unless you're expecting people to look up boss' exact stats, which I doubt you are. In practice EVs often pad out the game without actually adding any depth or substance

Furthermore, EVs as of now send mixed signals to players. Should they be EV training their mons? If so, then why is it a pain to do for most of the game? I've seen otherwise competent players drop the game out of boredom because they think they're supposed to EV train real early. I get they're likely supposed to switch their mons and experiment, that's fine, but that should be the approach for the whole game. It seems odd to have a point in the game where it becomes much easier to EV train your mons and have way more breathing room to just muscle through enemies.

I get EVs exist to be authentic to competitive play, but most competitive players don't EV train. They hack or use showdown. If everyone had to EV their mons the hard way there'd be way less competitive players lol

Either the game should let you EV train super easily right off the bat, or the game should do what some Kaizo hacks do and don't grant EVs to players at all (but still letting NPCs have them to keep things tilted in their favor). And a lot of this applies for IVs as well

I love the hack so it doesn't ruin it for me at all, but I can get why it might turn some people off. I know this is meant to be a "hard mode" hack but EV training isn't a matter of skill so much as patience. Regardless I'm looking forward to the future and hopes this inspires a line of copycat hacks like Dray's did :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2021
    Hey man, loved the game.

Just a quick question, does the game uses the new critical damage system? +3 crit = 100% chance to crit?

Back