• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

KevinSephiroth

Captain of the undead army
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    Loving it so far! Questions:
    5. How much does the IV perfector cost? Is it per IV or does it do all of them at once? What about the EV reducer?
    6. Is the happiness groomer a once per day event? How much does it increase the happiness by?

5. $350.000, I woudl advise you to only apply it on a Ditto, equipped with a Destiny Knot you pass down 5 of the combined 12 IVs of parents at the DayCare. Especially in version 2.0 with 90% chance to get an egg after 256 steps, it's REALLY fast to get one or two hatched eggs with 4 or 5 perfect IVs, put it instead of the original pokemon, repeat and get a new offspring with 5 maxed IVs easily, maybe 6 if you are lucky with RNG. That's how I got my Blaziken, Greninja & Lucario with perfect IVs barring one (usually Special Attack or Attack) during end game.

6. Yes once per day, for $500. It increases your pokemon's happness by 30. Most start at 50 or 70, so it doesn't take long to get to 220 for happiness-based evolutions (like Riolu-> Lucario). In my case, running an emulator on my android phone, I could advance the phone clock to the next day to make it available again. In the same way I could change the time of day to get to Night-time or Day-time for specifics pokemon encounters.
    But, with a Soothe Bell, just going into battle and getting about 25 levels up makes the pokemon evolve due to happiness anyway, much faster lol.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Alright! Finished version 1.11a!
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

The first boss of the Elite 4, Lorelei gave me the most headache during the final push.

The champion, Blue, also had a nice twist with one of his pokémon, able to counter sweep my team thanks to his ability (and a Choice Scarf, wouldn't be fun otherwise lol).

Too bad I took a reading of this ability on Bulbapedia and found out Substitute prevents it.
    I got one of Blue's pokemon stuck in a Choice locked resisted move. All I had to do was spam Dragon Dance to +6 with Mega-Salamence, spam Roost when needed, use Substitute, and then Double-Edge FTW lol
    Mega-Salamence FTW

One thing that would have been nice, is the possibility to buy Air Balloons, Focus Sashes etc.
    I know the 2.0 version allows you to re-use a consumable item like the aforementioned ones, but the only one you get in the whole game is one Focus Sash.
    And 8 or 9 berries to reduce super effective type damage but those you can buy an unlimited number of in PokéMarts anyway.

Well, the fact you can "steal" Life Orbs @5% (technically 20% with a Compound Eyes leader) from Absol in Safari Zone 1 greatly helped anyway, I had 4 in my party lol Only took like 20 min to get 3 in Safari Zone 1 after maybe 15 catches :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2020
    Ummm, where can I find thunderfang move? Do you know where a move tutor that teaches Thunderfang?

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2020
    it does not remove any known bugs, that's simply an old bug that has since been fixed lol

Ah right, couldn't think of a reason why using DS would remove any bugs but I didn't realize the bug list hadn't been updated yet. Just started playing from Drayano's recommendation, seriously impressed with the amount of work that's gone into this game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Are you planning to add some gigantamax in the next update?

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      new lycanroc.png
      4.2 KB · Views: 12
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2022
    Of all the Kanto FireRed Romhacks, I find yours the most interesting, with more pokemon, more contents, and more challenges.

Well, I got an idea, would you add GB player and DS player? so we can hear/listen to RBY or HGSS soundtrack while playing (with each of its soundfont) instead of FRLG soundtrack.

Edit: Can you add Vs. Team Rocket theme song for each Team Rocket Battle?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Does anyone know what rom is needed to apply the .ups patch to. I found a fire red rom and applied the patch, but my program said that the rom I was applying the patch to was not compatible, can someone help me out. Thanks!

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Does anyone know what rom is needed to apply the .ups patch to. I found a fire red rom and applied the patch, but my program said that the rom I was applying the patch to was not compatible, can someone help me out. Thanks!
    Squirrels Fire Red version should work

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    You are amazing!!! thank you so much for adding a pokeball switcher 😊

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2022
    Just started playing and i downloaded the documentation. I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end but the base stats file cuts off after ivysaur and the pokedex ends after gen 4.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Dumb question i caught a cubone in the pokemon tower and i noticed they only evolve into alolan marowak. so i breeded one aand tried to level him up to lv 28 to evolve him into kantonian marowak but nothing happens and at night he evolves into alolan marowak. How can i evolve cubone into his kantonian self? or what other location has cubones to catch?

Years
  • Dumb question i caught a cubone in the pokemon tower and i noticed they only evolve into alolan marowak. so i breeded one aand tried to level him up to lv 28 to evolve him into kantonian marowak but nothing happens and at night he evolves into alolan marowak. How can i evolve cubone into his kantonian self? or what other location has cubones to catch?

ah good catch it appears I haven't added a location for kantonian cubone. I'll try to address this in the next update, sorry about that.

Back