• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    [QUOTEI] I'd also like to know how to evolve Karrablast.[/QUOTE]

I think you do it with the link cable from the Celadon Dept Store.

Soupercell - I may have noticed a bug with the Cursed Body ability. I used a Corsola-G with Cursed Body and whenever the ability activated, it seemed like it was 50/50 to actually disable the computer from using the same move the next turn.

Also a question about the E4 & Champion- are the different teams the E4 & Champion use chosen at random or is it based on the team you bring? Also, is it possible in the next update to remove the NPC at the League entrance to rematch the E4 after beating them once? Even if there are no changes from the original, it would be fun to do it again given the difficulty and variation already there.

h y o

hyo
    Years
  • Hey, I noticed I was not given credit for Brendan's trainer sprite. Could you please add me to the credits under 'hyo oppa'? thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2021
    Anyone know where to find certain items? I.e. toxic orb

As well as where to catch toxapex

Years
  • Hey, I noticed I was not given credit for Brendan's trainer sprite. Could you please add me to the credits under 'hyo oppa'? thanks!

Sorry about that! Will do :)

Anyone know where to find certain items? I.e. toxic orb

As well as where to catch toxapex

Toxic Orb can be found in the building to the right of fuschia (talk to the professor oak aid); you can fish for mareanie in various spots with a Good Rod (check the wild pokemon documentation)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Finally got around to testing 2.0f on real hardware. It's... not good.

Absolutely ridiculous lag when menuing. I'm talking 15 seconds every time I press down, which means it takes a minute to save.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2020
    I need some advice. I downloaded this Romhack literally yesterday, and have basically been playing it nonstop. I've been having a blast, having to alter my team a couple different times and actually having to think through some of the boss fights. However... I've hit a wall. Giovani in Silph Co has beaten me around 20 times, and I've tried multiple things to beat him. I'm stuck.

I've tried multiple strategies involving the pokemon I already have, I've went and gotten new team-members to try and counter the ones that are giving me trouble, it isn't working. Anyone got any ideas?

Years
  • I need some advice. I downloaded this Romhack literally yesterday, and have basically been playing it nonstop. I've been having a blast, having to alter my team a couple different times and actually having to think through some of the boss fights. However... I've hit a wall. Giovani in Silph Co has beaten me around 20 times, and I've tried multiple things to beat him. I'm stuck.

I've tried multiple strategies involving the pokemon I already have, I've went and gotten new team-members to try and counter the ones that are giving me trouble, it isn't working. Anyone got any ideas?

Hey man, happy to hear you're loving the game. Silph Co giovanni is definitely one of the tougher opponents. It's possible to ohko hippowdon with a super effective special stab move so that you can prevent it from getting rocks up; if you can't OHKO hippowdon but stealth rocks are a big problem for your team you can always taunt it first turn to prevent him from doing so. Admittingly, garchomp and excadrill are some insane sand abusers, priority moves are always your friend to help tackle these hyper offensive Pokemon. Don't forget to take advantage of held items (Weakness resist berries can help a lot).

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2020
    I think I've figured out a way to handle it. Requires me training up a Pelipper and a Poliwrath but hey, if it winds up working, it winds up working. Glad for the advice though! I'll have to double check what berries I have in my bag, I didn't think of that.

Years
  • Version 2.1 is here!
    Changelog (there is a smart filter on the changelog, no idea why..)
    As usual, please consult the FAQ on how to update from an older version.

TLDR: Pretty big graphics overhaul, Johto Gym Leaders + ariana/Archer finally have sprites, more bug fixes as usual

not much new content but this version has a lot more polish so I'd definitely recommend updating. I've started on postgame but I don't plan on releasing anything until something sizable is available.

test-38.png

test-49.png

I think I've figured out a way to handle it. Requires me training up a Pelipper and a Poliwrath but hey, if it winds up working, it winds up working. Glad for the advice though! I'll have to double check what berries I have in my bag, I didn't think of that.

Yeah, that's a perfect way to go about it :) Rain teams are quite powerful if you do plan to stick with it! Some members I'd definitely recommend are Mega Swampert and Scizor,

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    Hi there,

first of all, allow me to express my gratitude to our godly content creator(s) for this wonderful rom!

Im just a student and has been saving money to buy my first console and pokemon game.
    Emulator has been my life for many many years and Radical Red is amazingly entertaining!

Thank you for all the efforts in making the community happy with the rom, really appreciate a challenging yet refreshing pokemon game like this!

Btw, I've been meaning to ask....how do people update their rom file?

I used to run the squirrels file I got from my friend, but when 2.0f came out, I found a zip file rom and downloaded that instead. The save file worked perfectly fine. But now came 2.1 (yessss!) and I cant find any zip file available online, only the UPS file that is supposedly patch to squirrels. Anyone has any idea on how to execute that?

Years
  • Hi there,

first of all, allow me to express my gratitude to our godly content creator(s) for this wonderful rom!

Im just a student and has been saving money to buy my first console and pokemon game.
    Emulator has been my life for many many years and Radical Red is amazingly entertaining!

Thank you for all the efforts in making the community happy with the rom, really appreciate a challenging yet refreshing pokemon game like this!

Btw, I've been meaning to ask....how do people update their rom file?

I used to run the squirrels file I got from my friend, but when 2.0f came out, I found a zip file rom and downloaded that instead. The save file worked perfectly fine. But now came 2.1 (yessss!) and I cant find any zip file available online, only the UPS file that is supposedly patch to squirrels. Anyone has any idea on how to execute that?

<3 there's definitely a lot of heart put into this I'm happy you're able to see it. Check the FAQ section on how to patch a ROM; also tells you how to update to!

Wow, Soupercell, this is amazing. Thank you! You've done us the Red lovers a favour!

Thank you so much for your kind words!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    Really appreciate the work! It works on real GBA hardware now, came back to the hack after a while! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    Oh got it, soupercell! Thank you.
    I also found a page on pokecommunity talking about UPS patcher and Lunar IPS, perhaps we should include that in the faq section?

Like:
    A reminder:
    For PC users, please do download UPS patcher before patching the lastest version onto CLEAN fire red (squirrels)

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    One of the many reasons I've tried and enjoyed your hack among the fantastic content and additions to graphics and gameplay, was with the fact it adds gen 8 Pokémon and that it increased the max level over 100. Now, I did initially thing level 250 was probably a bit too high, especially if opponents/trainers/bosses and wild encounters/Legendary Pokémon didn't scale this high. However...I do think there is room for it's inclusion with sufficient balance/encounters/challenges. Do you plan to increase the level cap above 100 again in the future when more post game stuff is available? My suggestion maybe up to level 150 or 175, instead of 200 or 250 (ultimately it's up to you, your hack!) I just wondered is all.

Thanks again for the update, really great content, really great details and really fun and fresh to play. Keep up the great work all :).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2020
    Hey I am sure I am just dumb, but I am unable to cut trees even though I have the badge and Charmeleon. If I am unable to use Charmeleon for cut then that could be it or if there is a key I am missing. I am in Cerulean and trying to cut the tree that the slowpoke was in front of. This is also my first post so I am apparently unable to post links

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hey I am sure I am just dumb, but I am unable to cut trees even though I have the badge and Charmeleon. If I am unable to use Charmeleon for cut then that could be it or if there is a key I am missing. I am in Cerulean and trying to cut the tree that the slowpoke was in front of. This is also my first post so I am apparently unable to post links

Did you get the HM?

Back