• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I love the game, I appreciate a game with difficulty. Now that I'm done I would like to fill the Pokedex, can anyone say if it can be filled completely?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2021
    I absolutely love this game for its difficulty. I just beat Blaine with this team

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Spoiler:

Overall, I love the challenges, and I can't wait to finish my first run to try again with Charizard (I picked Venusaur in this run and it helped a lot with early gyms) and maybe build a sun team. I definitely think that aegislash is a bit too good, due to how it handles a lot of threats with good stats all around. I mean this thing was banned to Uber for its debut generation, and you get Honedge at level 30, which then evolved into duoblade at 35. Add a Dusk Stone and you have an Uber pokemon pretty early into the mid game, and the only thing you have to do to get Honedge is to do some raids and sell off all the consumable items. But aside from that little point, I absolutely enjoyed every bit of this game, and I have to thank you for all of it.

Years
    • lolwut
    • Seen Aug 3, 2021
    I know her Hatterene and Porygon2 both have Trick Room. I tend to go for hyper offense builds more often than not cause that's just all I know. I've tried defense teams before, but it's too slow for my tastes. My best run against her was about a month ago when I did a Dark type only run. Moxie Krookodile was godly. Just my last run was Normal types only.
    I didnt play since DPP - mostly only all out attackers as well. But this game taught me to enjoy stuff like entry hazards, toxic stall etc.
    I will try randomizer soon as well :)

I'll leave that here, maybe you can find some tips on beating Sabrina in this video:
    C a N y O u B e A t Pokemon Radical Red with only Normal types?! Monotype response video

can u get somehow mawile ?
    pretty early in the game I think in the first tunnel at night or so

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2020
    Bug: On Route 15, I can only get galvantulas to show no matter what the time of day is, the masquerain does not show during the day like the google sheet shows. Even in the dexnav it never switches them. I've also done like 600 battles on Route 15 and no ditto, urgh.

Edit: Turned on wild doubles and ditto showed up on first battle, doh.

Last edited:
    Years
    • lolwut
    • Seen Aug 3, 2021
    I dont like that video. That guy comes off as arrogant. Some folks just have a harder time with games and cant help that they're not as good.

I like his humor :)

I'm not good in competitive pokemon but did a lot of preparation.

if you dont play randomizer check my sheet for steel. I collected steel pokemon locations, looked up viable pokemons and pre-made some teams on paper..
    I recommend checking out the google cheat, especially the Pokemon/Ability changes because
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2021
    is the egg move tutor in fuchsia city complete?
    the changelog lists seismic toss as a new egg move for kangaskhan, but it doesn't appear in the list.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I like his humor :)

I'm not good in competitive pokemon but did a lot of preparation.

if you dont play randomizer check my sheet for steel. I collected steel pokemon locations, looked up viable pokemons and pre-made some teams on paper..
    I recommend checking out the google cheat, especially the Pokemon/Ability changes because

For me, Randomizer keeps wanting me to get Drowzee and Clawncher. So I dont really use it. But I have been reading the documents alot and I have some ideas floating around right now. Granted, I dont have the desire to play Radical Red at the moment after my last Normal type run stalled out at Sabrina.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2020
    I cant evolve my eevee to umbreon at night, it evolves to sylveon instead. Was it a glitch or theres another way to get umbreon?

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    I have a question about using real hardware, specifically dealing with the RTC.

Been loving this so far, I've mostly been playing as intended on an emulator. However I really prefer to play on the go (I have a lot of downtime at work) and have been trying to play on an EZ-Flash IV cart.
    For the most part it works fine, I have not run into any game breaking bugs yet, but there is one problem. The lack of an RTC on this cart. Obviously that locks someone out of a chunk of content.
    I know there are patches for games like Emerald that natively use the clock, but Fire Red does not normally need one. Is there any mod that may be compatible with this that patches a clock in? Or something similar to that?

Regardless this game is great and I look forward to completing it.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I cant evolve my eevee to umbreon at night, it evolves to sylveon instead. Was it a glitch or theres another way to get umbreon?

Read the Evolution Changes documents. First post of the thread, at the bottom. Link to the Documents.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm really interested in the game, but is there a specific emulator I need to run to use it? Just skimming the documents I didn't see anything, but when I try to run it on No$GBA it crashes during the first battle.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I'm really interested in the game, but is there a specific emulator I need to run to use it? Just skimming the documents I didn't see anything, but when I try to run it on No$GBA it crashes during the first battle.

The standard VBA emulator is suggested for Windows users. Personally, I go with the VBA Collector's Edition (It's free like all emulators) as it is much more stable. If you do go for Collector's Edition, you'll want to search the Internet for a file called vba-over.ini as that will help the emulator save games properly.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2020
    Oh im stupid. Was searching for mawile in the later ones and not earlier routes. Thx a lot. Just a question now. How do u get Kurbfu for Urshifu ?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Oh im stupid. Was searching for mawile in the later ones and not earlier routes. Thx a lot. Just a question now. How do u get Kurbfu for Urshifu ?

I kept telling you to use Control F to bring up a search function in those documents, as far as Mawile was concerned.
    But I couldnt find any info about Kubfu either.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2020
    I can confirm that this Rom works on Pizzaboy, and I absolutely LOOVE it. The difficulty is scratching that itch. The brain dead mash A 10000000000 times in vanilla roms gets exhausting, So much thought and precious time was put into creating this masterpiece, absolutely splendid job. And thank you from my tryhard heart.

Back