• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

SmellyOpossum

opossum
Years
  • oh i didn't mean directly transferring them like that, but rather if the base IVs of the parents will make the baby have better or worse IVs. i read that red didn't have that but later ones did, i think. like if I'm always going to get bad IVs if i breed 2 pokemon with terrible IVs, regardless of held items (not that they'd help lol). i apologize if ive been asking obvious questions, but I'm using this rom hack to learn pokemon. it's an extremely good rom hack for learning.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • oh i didn't mean directly transferring them like that, but rather if the base IVs of the parents will make the baby have better or worse IVs. i read that red didn't have that but later ones did, i think. like if I'm always going to get bad IVs if i breed 2 pokemon with terrible IVs, regardless of held items (not that they'd help lol).

I dont know if that's the case or not, but it doesnt matter since there's an NPC in Celadon City that, for a large sum of money, will max out the IVs of a chosen Pokemon.

SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
  • oh I've wanted to use him so bad except im not sure how to actually get money in a repeatable way since I don't think the vs scanner is in this mod from what i glanced over in the document.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2023
    I've found that hitting raids often and hoping for some stardust and nugget drops gives a good chunk of money.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • oh I've wanted to use him so bad except im not sure how to actually get money in a repeatable way since I don't think the vs scanner is in this mod from what i glanced over in the document.

Get a Pokemon with the Frisk ability and that can learn Thief (Noibat/Spearow are good choices) and then find as many Meowths as you can. They have a tendancy to hold Nuggets.

SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
  • hm, are any of them repeatable or something? i hit raids when i see them but none seem to let me repeat over them from what I've observed. hope I'm wrong though.

edit: OH. meowth idea isn't bad at all. thanks!

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • hm, are any of them repeatable or something? i hit raids when i see them but none seem to let me repeat over them from what I've observed. hope I'm wrong though.

This link is for the Items document. There's a bunch of tabs at the bottom. Check the one that says 'Other items' for stuff Pokemon in the wild can hold.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...wLLAl_LyWA3NpXIT71Scd0XhKU/edit#gid=247756073

EDIT- Forgot to mention, the VS Seeker isnt in the hack, but if you go to the second floor of the Celadon Mansion, there's three NPCs. One of them is the IV guy (Top most NPC). Next one down gives the Amulet Coin, and the bottom one actually gives an explanation as to why the VS Seeker is gone.

SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
  • i figured it was just not in the game from their discussion. though i also figured that maybe there's one hidden away somewhere potentially from team rocket or something. i have been using the amulet coin as well, which helps a lot. I'm probably just not as good with money as i want to be since I haven't navigated the games much. it's sort of embarrassing, but it's hard for me to tell from the documents what and where things i want are because I'm doing this all on mobile with a browser that struggles a lot with actually finding things with the "find on page" feature on the documents fsr. I'm going to take my old spearow out and get some cash from meowth. being a genuinely useful community and not just flippant towards newer players is very appreciated. thanks so much for all the help! more than I could ask for from a lot of communities.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • being a genuinely useful community and not just flippant towards newer players is very appreciated. thanks so much for all the help! more than I could ask for from a lot of communities.

Well, I'm so far the only person that cant beat this game (havent checked if anyone else was like me), so I figured instead of trying anymore, I'd just help other folks when I can.

SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
  • its kind of you regardless of your reasoning. I'm currently on the last gym and getting down to their last pokemon before what's left of my team crumbles. not knowing Pokemon well at all makes this rom hack feel like I'm learning to swim by being thrown into the deep end of the pool. I've had to gut entire teams and rebuild entirely multiple times to where my team now is a hodgepodge mess that I'm sure could be massively improved if i knew pokemon much at all. i just wish the rtc on my phone emulator worked so that it wasn't stuck at night time where I can't get myself a shuckle. if i could have something like a clock in my room where i could switch between night and day instead of using the rtc that doesn't work for me would be nice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    soupercell would never change the game to make it easier like that.

I don't think it would make the game significantly easier but it just gives more options. They don't need to be six star raids specifically but the pokemon found in them should be available beforehand perhaps as 5 stars. I don't think it makes much sense that you can get powerful ultra beasts like Buzzswole and other powerhouses like Melmetal and Zapdos before the E4 but you need to wait to get arguably less centralizing pokemon like Zeraora and Volcanion until after when there are no battles to use them in.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I don't think it would make the game significantly easier but it just gives more options.

Based on the interactions I've had with soupercell, they dont want to make the game easier by having more options like that. At the end of the day, it's soupercell's hack and he has the final say. Personally, I wouldnt mind more options for flexibility, but it's not likely to happen.

SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
  • imo, i enjoy how difficult it is as is but i think options to make it easier wouldn't be a bad thing. there's a lot more appeal to this rom hack than difficulty alone. if someone wants to enjoy it on its other merits as well but can't handle the difficulty, that's not necessarily a bad thing to me. i figure nothing is lost by people playing the rom hack even if it's not as the developer's originally sight intended, and that it wouldn't alienate the core audience that is looking for a harder experience by having a difficulty option that they don't have to choose. it'd still have its recognition as a fairly difficult rom hack. end of the day though, it's more effort to make an alternative version though and that seems like the real kicker to me. having to work on something you're not keen on doing is never fun. I'd still play it with this difficulty as it stands, but I just wish I could recommend this rom hack in particular to one of my friends who doesn't have the time to invest in a rom hack that takes this much investment to make it through the game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    Gonna share my escapades with running this on a Flash cart with a real GBA briefly.

So far it is almost flawless. Only issue Ive found is that soft resetting the game has gotten more inconsistent as I have progressed (used to be flawless, but now the game just crashes when you try to reset. Hasnt broken anything yet).
    The only downside is the lack of a RTC on the cartridge. Without it the game is stuck at night, and no raid battles can be done past the initial ones. Only downside is being locked out of certain pokemon, which in a way is just an added difficulty which is fine.

Finally, I did attempt to circumvent these problems by importing my .sav file from the flashcart to VBA, and vise-versa, but ultimately it did not work.
    When importing the .sav into the VBA, the bag became broken. Trying to enter the key items pouch at all caused a soft lock everytime. This locks out the ball pouch aswell so no catching.
    Regardless I did try to save the game and export the .sav from the VBA and replace the file on the flashcart, but ultimately this file was unreadable for some reason. Upon loading the game on the flash cart a message claims that the save file was deleted, and a new game begins.
    Its likely that I am doing something wrong, but I dont want to experiment further until I actually beat the game so I dont have to start over

All in all this has been a great introduction to romhacks for me so far. I always avoided them because I dont like playing handheld games on my computer, but nknowing that this and likely others work on the go, Im probably going to try more.

Years
    • lolwut
    • Seen Aug 3, 2021
    hm, are any of them repeatable or something? i hit raids when i see them but none seem to let me repeat over them from what I've observed. hope I'm wrong though.

Take a pokemon with frisk and thief to steal items and 5 pokemon with pickup in the other slots. You can pick up stuff like bottle caps or leftovers, and other items you might not need that you can simply sell.

Here's the "Pickup Table":
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1061ZOx1Cyg-UbLkVRXNPw7J-sW0Em02YMuFLMY_c_yo/edit

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hey, how did tou get grassy glide on your rillabloom? Ive been trying to get it and i just cant figure it out. Im pretty sure its not from level up is it?
    Grassy Glide, Expanding Force and Raising Voltage are all TMs you can find in the Safari Zone. For better specified locations you can always check the hack's documentation.

Back