• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
  • It's over....The nightmare is finally over.
    I dont care that I used save states for it, I have finally gotten a team into the Hall of Fame!
    I I was worried when I fought the Champion's Ditto, but thankfully, my Scoliopede got enough Speed Boosts to outspeed everything, and the Ditto missed his Rock Slide. I also got some Swords Dances off during Primal Groudon.

I never thought my first Hall of Fame team would be of Bug Type Only run.

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      image_2020-11-24_114943.png
      116.7 KB · Views: 29
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2020
    I just finished my first playthrough and it was so awesome I had to make an account just to comment! IMO this game should go to the top of anyone's list who enjoys a challenge without the level 127 nonsense of kaizo games. Keep up the good work!

SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
  • SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
  • gotcha! thanks for the info. also, congrats dude! i knew that if I can even make it as far as i have going into pokemon almost knowing nothing about pokemon, you could beat it. especially with actually knowing the ins and outs as much as you do with pokemon. I didn't believe you when you said you couldn't beat it, and I'm glad i was right. but more glad you were able to actually pull it off. good work, dude. victory in this rom hack is well earned.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • gotcha! thanks for the info. also, congrats dude! i knew that if I can even make it as far as i have going into pokemon almost knowing nothing about pokemon, you could beat it. especially with actually knowing the ins and outs as much as you do with pokemon. I didn't believe you when you said you couldn't beat it, and I'm glad i was right. but more glad you were able to actually pull it off. good work, dude. victory in this rom hack is well earned.

Yeah, if the hack has to be as tough as it is, I'm gonna say Save States are allowed. My original goal with the Champion fight was to use a Prankster Volbeat, but I forgot to even bring the little guy. Cripple the first Pokemon with Confuse Ray, save state until I got Tail Glow off twice, then Bug Buzz/Thunderbolt my way to victory. But that didnt happen. Scolipede's Rock Slide flinches, Speed Boost ability, and using Swords Dance when Primal Groudon was trying to use Rock Polish was what saved the day. And to further my suffering, I started a new save with Water types only (I saved my Bug Team save into a new folder.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2021
    I looked through the TM list and couldn't find psycho cut. Is that available as a TM like in Sword and Shield or is it actually not a TM?

Thanks!

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I looked through the TM list and couldn't find psycho cut. Is that available as a TM like in Sword and Shield or is it actually not a TM?

Thanks!

I dont think it's a TM in this game. I know some Pokemon can learn it through level up/egg moves, but I cant recall which ones.
    EDIT- Out of all the Pokemon that can learn Psycho Cut and can use it effectively, your best bets are Kartana or Gallade. Gallade would be better since it has Blademaster as a Hidden Ability and would get STAB from it. All the other Pokemon that can learn it are more Special Attack based.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2021
    I dont think it's a TM in this game. I know some Pokemon can learn it through level up/egg moves, but I cant recall which ones.
    EDIT- Out of all the Pokemon that can learn Psycho Cut and can use it effectively, your best bets are Kartana or Gallade. Gallade would be better since it has Blademaster as a Hidden Ability and would get STAB from it. All the other Pokemon that can learn it are more Special Attack based.

Gallade was the exact pokemon I'm planning to it with. Dang guess I have to wait until level 70

Years
  • Don't judge a hack by other people's comments! Let me clarify: Going into this hack I was worried it would be a frustrating, difficult nightmare of a game. Before I even played it, I already left a comment about maybe there could be ways to curb the difficulty such as removing the level cap. Never again will I leave a comment about a hack before I actually played it! This hack is absolutely awesome. I just finished Erica so beat 4 gym leaders from both Kanto and Johto, and the difficulty has been perfect in my opinion. Regular trainers are at just the right level, providing the perfect amount of challenge as you prepare to fight each gym leader. The gym leader themselves are well programmed in their AI and have good teams. I am playing via the randomizer mode and it makes each new route an exciting adventure. The EXP share is great, as are all the other goodies the game gives you. In reality, the game gives you all the tools to succeed. I did not find anything as of yet overly challenging. The only battles I lost thus far were to a couple gym leaders (Whitney, Erica) but that was just on the first try, and it forced me to rebuild my team slightly and then win the second time around.

The level cap system is also very well thought out, because of this I ended up having a sort of "second" and "third" teams to compliment my main 6, and it forced me to use those teams so I would still gain experience had I not reached the next gym leader. Everything is very well balanced, I feel. The game eliminates all the frustrations by making HMs not a forced learned move, pressing "A" to cut a tree without any dialogue box is what I always dreamed of; that, along with other things like always-run, turbo on the bike, and just the fast paced aspect are things that keep the game constantly flowing. Everything has been calculated very well.

Again, I have not experienced any frustrating battles (thus far) being about 50% through the game about 11 hours in. I can't really think what else I could ask for in a FireRed hack, but I'll reserve my final comments to after I complete the game. As for now, just wanted to share my impressions so far!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2021
    Thanks! This game is by far the best rom hack i've ever played. I been into pokemon since I was 11 yo. Im currently 28.

I want to make a simple suggestion. Extra bag pockets to organize megastones, battle items, medckit, trainig items (ev boosters, lucky egg) and other categories!

Keep UP the good work!

Years
  • It's over....The nightmare is finally over.
    I dont care that I used save states for it, I have finally gotten a team into the Hall of Fame!
    I I was worried when I fought the Champion's Ditto, but thankfully, my Scoliopede got enough Speed Boosts to outspeed everything, and the Ditto missed his Rock Slide. I also got some Swords Dances off during Primal Groudon.

I never thought my first Hall of Fame team would be of Bug Type Only run.

Haha, I saw your comments earlier about struggling with the Hack, you came back and sticked to it, congratulations man, your Hall of Fame looks dope.

BTW, I was browsing Pokedexdb and I saw that Sword and Shield have something called Technical Records, do we have access to these on this hack too?

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    Hey guys and gals. This game is really great and the difficulty is pretty exciting. I just beat Erika and I have no clue what to do next... Any tips?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Extra bag pockets to organize megastones, battle items, medckit, trainig items (ev boosters, lucky egg) and other categories!!

This 1000 percent man. My bag is usually overflowing when I collect Megastones and it gets tedious to scroll through them. The PC can only hold so many too.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Haha, I saw your comments earlier about struggling with the Hack, you came back and sticked to it, congratulations man, your Hall of Fame looks dope.

BTW, I was browsing Pokedexdb and I saw that Sword and Shield have something called Technical Records, do we have access to these on this hack too?

Technical Records are only for Sword and Shield. This hack has regular TMs, some of the moves changed around, and there's a handful of Move Tutors.

Back