• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Hi. When do raids reset in this game please ? It's been 2 days and no respawn yet. 24h played time ?

Edit : Also, the prof assistant on road 16 won't give me a swamperite (he's asking for a starter fully evoled that can mega evolve)... "it's not what i'm looking for".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    More Randomizer Feedback / Suggestions

Again, love the game. Here are some things I think would make the Randomizer more refined.

1. Species randomizer (normal, not scaled) should be mapped so each route has different Pokemon. Basically for each route, take the OG Pokemon slot and randomize it. Then remove that Pokemon from the array so it can't be found in another route. Typically, there are a lot of Pokemon missing from the Species Randomizer because some multi evo Pokemon are mapped onto no evo Pokemon (i.e. a dreepy being randomized to solrock means you can't ever get Dragapult). This would make it so there's far more variety of Pokemon obtainable.

2. At the beginning of the game, your Mom asks which generation you want to pick your starter from. I think it would be better if Prof Oak asks you that instead, right before he tells you to pick a Pokemon. For casual players like myself that just want to have fun, it would make it easier to re-roll and see which generation has the better starter, rather than having to make a save state before your mom asks and then having walk and do all the dialogue over and over.

2b. To go along with that, I think it would be even more convenient if Prof Oak can re-roll the starters for you by talking to him after he tells you to pick a Pokemon. Like if you talk to him again and he says "what? you don't like the options! okay fine, do you want me to change the 3 starters to choose from?". Similar to how Gary always swaps his starter for the gen1 starter.

3. In the randomizer mode, there should be an Egg Vending Machine in the Game Corner. Basically it'll give you a random Pokemon, in hopes you get one that's unobtainable in the game since the randomizer mapping might not allow you to get some Pokemon. With that, the egg steps are also bugged in Randomizer mode. It take FOREVER to hatch an egg, even if it's a Pokemon with a typically short egg cycle.

4. Update Pokedex to show show locations for randomized locations. Not sure if this is hard, but it sounds feasible. Basically you keep the everything the same, but then change name of the Pokemon in the dex to whatever it was remapped to.

5. Abilities actually need to be fixed a bit. In Abilities Randomizer mode, the Ability Pill simply does not work. It doesn't change from Ability 1 to Ability 2 for any Pokemon I've tried. This makes it so you have to catch 2 of each just to see what the evolved Pokemon's abilities are.

All of these besides 2b are purely QOL features and bug fixes. I don't think this would make the game "easier", rather they give the option for casual run throughs to be a little more convenient.

Years
  • A good randomiser suggestion

Another batch of randomiser suggestions in the wall

I have read your suggestions in these two comments of yours, and I mostly agree with you. In fact, not being able to use the Ability Pill when Ability Randomiser is on is really annoying, and this is mostly why I don't prefer playing RR with Ability Randomiser. This is a bug that Soup and co. can fix in the next version. I also think Scaled Species Randomiser should also not 1-1 change the wild mon encounters as well.

One other issue I had with the Species Randomiser in the postgame, where, instead of a level 100 Pinsir I got a level 100 Dreepy instead, but I could not evolve it with Rare Candies into Drakloak and Dragapult. Soup can fix them as well.

That said, can you raise the issues in the Discord as well? Because Soup is rarely active here. You can get a more immediate response in RR's Discord channel since Discord is more active.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Hi. When do raids reset in this game please ? It's been 2 days and no respawn yet. 24h played time ?

Edit : Also, the prof assistant on road 16 won't give me a swamperite (he's asking for a starter fully evoled that can mega evolve)... "it's not what i'm looking for".

you need to talk to the mudkip kid with a swampert as your follower pokemon to get the swampertite.

Years
  • weird thing about cresselia not spawning in victory road so I'm trying to finish the pokedex and am deep into the postgame (I have 840/893) and am having trouble finding cresselia. I am aware that in order to fit in all ofd the possible raid encounters, Soup and co have split them up into day and night encounters in the dens. I went into that den around 100 times and found that cressellia was not spawning, but rather regice was spawning in both night and day, one of them in the place of the cressellia. does anybody know what happened?

btw if for some reason you want to see the encounters possible here ya go

Encounters: zygarde, regice, regirock, registeel, mesprit, jirachi, hoopa, cresellia, volcanion

night=day
    uxie=regice
    hoopa=volcanion
    registeel=mesprit
    zygarde=jirachi
    regice=regirock

Years
  • Hi. When do raids reset in this game please ? It's been 2 days and no respawn yet. 24h played time ?

The raids do not respawn daily anymore, from 3.0 onwards. You should collect Wishing Pieces via Pickuppers (on level 40 or 50-ish range there is a 40% chance of picking it up but I may be wrong), or in the postgame, on Two Island, you can buy Wishing Pieces from a merchant next to the Pokémon Center. It costs 6k per one but with Rare Candy cheat (Woyaopp) you can buy as much as you want.

Use these Wishing Pieces on the raids to trigger a raid reset / spawn.

Days
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Hello!
    I would like to play hardcore mode without restricted moves. Is that possble ?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Is the Eviolite suppose stop mons from evolving? I tried multiple mons that were suppose to evolve and they didnt when they were holding it.

Years
  • Is the Eviolite suppose stop mons from evolving? I tried multiple mons that were suppose to evolve and they didnt when they were holding it.

Yes. Eviolite, like Everstone, prevents your mons from evolving in RR. If you want to make the Eviolite-bearing mon to evolve, you should remove its Eviolite first.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    Confused only because im seeing people on Youtube with seemingly different versions of the game? Like gym leaders have different Pokemon or is that changed with difficulty (Hardcore for example)

Days
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    Hey Soupercell, first I just wanna say this hack has been really fun so far, but some parts of Normal mode are kinda easy (brock & erika specifically)
    Hardcore mode fixes that my making all bosses have way better teams. But it's kinda hard to enjoy the amped up difficulty when you don't get access to stuff your opponents get.
    Normal mode is split into 2 parts (non-restricted and restricted) why can't Hardcore mode be too?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    The game says it has new game plus, and you can do specific stuff with it, but how do you access that?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Hi guys,
    I've been dying to find out when will there be a new update for Pokémon Radical Red with
    Gen 9 Pokémon added to the game with total of 1,008 Pokémon, so when is the new update?

Days
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    This is such a spectacular hack. The subtle changes to the story keep you drawn throughout your playthrough, the quality of life changes in this is second to only Unbound (but even then this hack outdoes Unbound in several ways), and the buffs to several mons are very appreciated.

One specific note I have involves Tsareena. I feel like she could use some help with her speed stat. Striker helps A LOT, but I think her middling speed and bulk disallow her to get much mileage out of it. Maybe take 26 points out of her special attack stat, put 18 in her speed stat, and 8 in her HP. That should help her utilize her bulk better and give her a much more reasonable speed stat. I mean, can you SERIOUSLY look at those legs and not think she'd be at least relatively fast?

If nothing else, choice scarf sets with Tsareena would help her be a little more viable if these stat changes were implemented.

Just my 2 cents! Like I said, very amazing hack you have here. I've always enjoyed using Tsareena in playthroughs where I can, so I felt the need to throw this suggestion out there!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, loving this hack so far!!

Question: how to I change the regional forms when searching pokémon with the dexnav? So far I only see the alola/galarian/... forms, but not the normal ones, is that intended? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    Does anyone have a new game+ save file, busy with hardcore mode nuzlocke and want to skip the puzzles

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hey, loving this hack so far!!

Question: how to I change the regional forms when searching pokémon with the dexnav? So far I only see the alola/galarian/... forms, but not the normal ones, is that intended? Thanks!

Most of the time, Regional variant replaces their original variant at night so try going in during the day.

If you don't want to change the clock on your device, you can get a power that let you change the ingame time whenever you want in Oak's Lab.

Back