• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Rebirth is ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Gahh I HATE waiting for awsome hacks!
    So how's this going Vrai?
    Anything new to show us

Ralor

Ice Climber Andrew
    Years
    Yep! You've convinced me. I LOVE this hack! And I love the picture of Birdie... not the name, but I love the pic.

I usually don't come on this site, so I subscribed to you on youtube. Do you think you could make a video showing a battle? It could increase your popularity.

Y'know I might just start learning something about hacking to help you out... if you need it. Probably like programming the fakemon's attacks, happiness, gender rate, and evolution lvl for you, since I've done that before.

Anyways looking forward to this hack. Good luck!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Pokémon Rebirth is ugly

Congrats, Vrai!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Gahh I HATE waiting for awsome hacks!
    So how's this going Vrai?
    Anything new to show us

Well, I'll have something new soon. I've been adding tiles and re-mapping since that last post, and I think I've made considerable progress on the Pre-Alpha. Expect it to be out sometime in the middle of next week.

Wow this is really awesome.
    I lol-ed at the video
    good luck on this

Thanks. I'm glad my imaginary humor got to someone. ^^

rely cool hope it comes out soon

It will, eventually.

Yep! You've convinced me. I LOVE this hack! And I love the picture of Birdie... not the name, but I love the pic.

I usually don't come on this site, so I subscribed to you on youtube. Do you think you could make a video showing a battle? It could increase your popularity.

Y'know I might just start learning something about hacking to help you out... if you need it. Probably like programming the fakemon's attacks, happiness, gender rate, and evolution lvl for you, since I've done that before.

Anyways looking forward to this hack. Good luck!

Aww, thanks. Those names aren't going to stay, too. They're just codenames, because I haven't really thought of good names for them yet. ^^

And I'll be sure to call on you should I need any help. ^^

You're storyline sounds amazing and I really like how the scripting looks. You're mapping is done quite well too.

^^

Pokémon Rebirth is ugly

Congrats, Vrai!

Yay! Now I feel unique! Just like 45 other people >_>

I'll be sure to update that first post when I have new screenshots ready.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Small update.

As you can see, I've added a few new tiles. This is going to be the new Police Station, courtesy of Alistair's tiles:

Pokémon Rebirth is ugly

I might edit it a bit more, but it looks better than the original Gym tiles, no?

I will edit this post further when I have more screens.

Last edited:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Nice update Vrai.
    Small but stilll it looks good
    Would ypu like me to make that your showcasing screenie for the team thread?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Nice update Vrai.
    Small but stilll it looks good
    Would ypu like me to make that your showcasing screenie for the team thread?

Uhm, no. I happen to like the other one better, currently.

And that little update is going to be a big one soon. ;)

DBom

conscience of light
    Years
    yo

Hey Mr. Vrai guess who this is. You should probably be able to figure it out easy. Anyway i'm new at all this stuff so I don't actually know what i'm doin'. Just know that I've seen the thread and everythin's lookin' good. ciao

GFS

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Very Nice hack that you have here.
    The palletes that you used are great!
    And that sign script was incredibly funny
    I wish you the best of luck!

Mikester3050

Maker of Pokémon Painite
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2013
    support

im right behind u on this. im makin a hack myself (Pokémon Painite) and im a bit confused. i name a map ex. Route 135 and insert it into a blank map space. it renames my map LITTLEROOT TOWN. i made another map and the same thing happened again. does anybody know how to solve this? i also need a scripter and a LOT of support

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    im right behind u on this. im makin a hack myself (Pokémon Painite) and im a bit confused. i name a map ex. Route 135 and insert it into a blank map space. it renames my map LITTLEROOT TOWN. i made another map and the same thing happened again. does anybody know how to solve this? i also need a scripter and a LOT of support

If you have questions, the Simple Questions thread is the place to post.

Although, I have a bit of free time, so I'll answer your questions.

You need to select a new map title to actually rename your map properly; read through Issue 15 (or somewhere around that one) of the RHN for a more detailed explanation.

"i also need a scripter and a LOT of support"

That is most definitely not the way to get it. And, you should try to script yourself. Don't rely on a team.

--

As far as Rebirth is going, it's actually doing extremely well. I'm actually planning on making the Alpha into a Beta, which just shows how much is going to happen in that little demo. Don't worry, it'll be out soon. Just figure, the longer I keep it in the workshop, the better it will be.

I might be coming out with a few new screenshots in a few days. \(O.o)/

¦Next Pro

Restarting.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Humoristic.

This is a humoristic hack. You promised a Playable version last month. :(
    Well good luck. And Im here to help, as you were for me.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    This is a humoristic hack. You promised a Playable version last month. :(
    Well good luck. And Im here to help, as you were for me.

Vrai said:
    Don't worry, it'll be out soon. Just figure, the longer I keep it in the workshop, the better it will be.

Well..

Look at what I said earlier. I know that I might've said a while ago that I'll be having a Pre-Alpha ready, but I've come through tons since then. I've gone through several times of the entire rom breaking (my fault ;D) and me being stuck without a backup (don't worry, I've learned from my mistakes :P). Each time, I've improved everything that I've previously done.

And now, seeing that I'm going to release a Beta instead of a Pre-Alpha, you'd think that this will be a huge improvement. Which it is.

¦Next Pro

Restarting.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Well..

Look at what I said earlier. I know that I might've said a while ago that I'll be having a Pre-Alpha ready, but I've come through tons since then. I've gone through several times of the entire rom breaking (my fault ;D) and me being stuck without a backup (don't worry, I've learned from my mistakes :P). Each time, I've improved everything that I've previously done.

And now, seeing that I'm going to release a Beta instead of a Pre-Alpha, you'd think that this will be a huge improvement. Which it is.
    You still broke your promis :P Well Im sure you improved *Wink*Wink*
    Good luck.

Stupid rival.. stupid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back