• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon: Righteous Red (Completed!) Version 1.2.0 Released! (5/7/24)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So i just finished the hack. And i LOVE it. the RNG was insanely cringe at times but that's fine. you did an amazing job on this.

Years
  • So i just finished the hack. And i LOVE it. the RNG was insanely cringe at times but that's fine. you did an amazing job on this.
    Wow amazing! Glad you enjoyed it!
    We're actually releasing a patch tomorrow that is cutting back the critical rate quite a bit alongside fixing a few bugs such as the Fly House being inaccessible. After that we'll be adding in some more post gen-1 evolutions. ^-^

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    out of curiosity, does the game also feature changes to the story somewhat? I know I should play to find out but the way you describe how much of the original game has changed has me wondering, as gen 1 and also gen 2's stories desperately need a more modern polish and few fangames take that approach due to the work that would require.

Years
  • out of curiosity, does the game also feature changes to the story somewhat? I know I should play to find out but the way you describe how much of the original game has changed has me wondering, as gen 1 and also gen 2's stories desperately need a more modern polish and few fangames take that approach due to the work that would require.
    I would say there are more unspoken story changes, yes. But I would also say we haven't had a huge focus on changing up the story either. 🤔 This does make me wonder how we could go about modernizing the story without adding in too much dialog , however.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I would say there are more unspoken story changes, yes. But I would also say we haven't had a huge focus on changing up the story either. 🤔 This does make me wonder how we could go about modernizing the story without adding in too much dialog , however.
    A fair point, seeing its a gen 1 hack and not a gen 3 one on fire red.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Im in viridian forest right now, where is Pikachu? Is it still the same rarity? Because I've searched the area a lot and one hasnt appeared yet.

Years
  • Im in viridian forest right now, where is Pikachu? Is it still the same rarity? Because I've searched the area a lot and one hasnt appeared yet.
    Pikachu is no longer in Viridian Forest, you can find them in the route right next to Rock Tunnel, North of the Power Plant. You can also find them in the Power Plant!

Years
  • Is it possible to be able to play this on an android? If so, or not, how? New to ROMs and how to get them to work, or patch them. 😅
    Android! Nice.
    I also use an Android, so I can recommend this for you: 1000000088.jpg
    Just a quick google search away!

Once you download that, as well as my patch, you'll need to find a clean Red ROM. Once you do that, use UniPatcher to install the patch to the ROM and you'll be good to go!

Days
    • Seen today
    I often download these patches, apply them and then start them in various emulators on android to verify they work and check them out a bit. I rarely comment here, but I'll try to more frequently. For some reason it's auto adding extra spaces on mobile so forgive me. Anyway, first thing I noticed before starting a game while checking options was that the battle animation / style may be inverted. You can't change animation from on, but there's also off as an option. For style you can toggle between an invisible option and set.

Years
  • I often download these patches, apply them and then start them in various emulators on android to verify they work and check them out a bit. I rarely comment here, but I'll try to more frequently. For some reason it's auto adding extra spaces on mobile so forgive me. Anyway, first thing I noticed before starting a game while checking options was that the battle animation / style may be inverted. You can't change animation from on, but there's also off as an option. For style you can toggle between an invisible option and set.
    I will look into this, thank you for reporting it!
    Keep in mind that the game cannot be switched from set battle style, this is intentional.

Years
  • I often download these patches, apply them and then start them in various emulators on android to verify they work and check them out a bit. I rarely comment here, but I'll try to more frequently. For some reason it's auto adding extra spaces on mobile so forgive me. Anyway, first thing I noticed before starting a game while checking options was that the battle animation / style may be inverted. You can't change animation from on, but there's also off as an option. For style you can toggle between an invisible option and set.
    This has been fixed in the new patch; 1.2.1. It is available in the first post-- since it is a bug fix, it wont affect your .sav, but you will need to install it onto a fresh ROM

Back