• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ryft? Hack idea.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Pok?mon Ryft? Hack idea.

So recently I had an idea whilst playing a good old fashioned Crystal Nuzlock (it ended poorly, don't ask) for a hack I wanted. Then I had the crazy idea to do it myself. Pretty much my idea was this.

You have just arrived in the [yet to be named] region. This region features a large forest in the Northwest, a small lake in the south, the ocean to the east with an icy island a bit off the shore, an a large mountain in the center of the region. Your arrival was quite odd as it consisted of you just waking up in the middle of a small town only able to remember your name. Exploring a bit leads to you meeting the local professor, Professor Locust. Locust is a man who has little time do deal with children as there are strange energy readings across the region. After pestering him a bit he gives you a Pok?mon and a Pok?dex and dismisses you.

As you progress through the story those energy readings become portals that lead to dungeons that contain some sort of key fragments. Just before challenging the league of the region, a massive amount of rifts open up each with their own dungeon. This time however, there is a legendary at the end of each dungeon. Defeating or capturing the legendary causes the rift to close. The story would center around these rifts instead of a particular team.

Would love to hear some feedback on this idea and maybe some ideas for names of places. I still need names for most of the cities and region.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    Though the Idea is nice, maybe you can make a features list to summarize your post for those who don't like reading a lot of text (me included). As for names you can use a random name generator(or word generator) and use those. If you must have a title, pick a unique one. I hope to see this in the future.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    It sounds great. just one question, how many legendaries are you planning to put in the game?

Back