• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Serene Crystal (V1.5.4)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Just finished the elite four and I really had a good time. I really like hacks like this which take the basic familiar formula but mix up just enough stuff to recapture a bit of that feeling of playing the game for the first time. I also found it decently well balanced and a good challenge without being frustrating. I found myself losing to a lot of gym leaders the first time I challenged them but not having too much trouble after I went back in and reevaluated my plan. The choice to do a mix of standard gen 2 pokemon, redesigned gen 2 pokemon, and pokemon from outside gen 2 is also interesting.

e: My E4 team was Meganium, Vileplume, Machamp, Gothitelle, Togekiss, and Vaporeon.

Last edited:
    Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Just finished the elite four and I really had a good time. I really like hacks like this which take the basic familiar formula but mix up just enough stuff to recapture a bit of that feeling of playing the game for the first time. I also found it decently well balanced and a good challenge without being frustrating. I found myself losing to a lot of gym leaders the first time I challenged them but not having too much trouble after I went back in and reevaluated my plan. The choice to do a mix of standard gen 2 pokemon, redesigned gen 2 pokemon, and pokemon from outside gen 2 is also interesting.

e: My E4 team was Meganium, Vileplume, Machamp, Gothitelle, Togekiss, and Vaporeon.
    Happy to hear you enjoyed! I love your team, very nice. If you have any feedback at any point, lemme know!

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Hi @PeanutellaXO i'm so excited to play your game. It looks amazing. By the way, do you have an official discord server for you game? Thank you
    Hi! Thank you for your interest, I hope you'll have a good time! I don't have a discord server atm, and am not planning to make one, but if the demand is high enough I probably will make one

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    There's gonna be a new update coming within 2 weeks to everyone interested! Shiny odds will be drastically lowered, and a few Pokemon's shiny pallete will be changed to be more distinguishable from the non-shiny colours. I might revert the shiny odds depending on feedback. More bugs will be patched out, and there will be some more Pokemon balancing!

Days
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Hi! Thank you for your interest, I hope you'll have a good time! I don't have a discord server atm, and am not planning to make one, but if the demand is high enough I probably will make one
    hi again. Thank you for the response! more powers to you, and to your game.

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Just dropped update 1.4! Hope nobody's too sad about not being able to use Seel & Dewgong, but I think the replacements are infinitely more interesting

Years
    • Seen today
    Glad to hear that you were able to fix the incorrect warps in Cerulean City. I hope you can fix the incorrect warps in Mt. Mortar and Goldenrod City too.

As for Seel and Dewgong, I'm not gonna miss them. I like Basculegion more.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm right to say that the base rom is the 1.1 yes? Don't want the game to explode midways just because I patched the wrong game lol The game looks promising from the outside! Thank you for your hard work!

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    I'm right to say that the base rom is the 1.1 yes? Don't want the game to explode midways just because I patched the wrong game lol The game looks promising from the outside! Thank you for your hard work!
    Yes, 1.1 should be the right one. I use the same ROM to patch onto everytime so it shouldn't cause any issues. Thank you for your interest!

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Glad to hear that you were able to fix the incorrect warps in Cerulean City. I hope you can fix the incorrect warps in Mt. Mortar and Goldenrod City too.

As for Seel and Dewgong, I'm not gonna miss them. I like Basculegion more.
    I'll try to look into those last warp point glitches and I think then I'll be done 😸📣

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So uuuh... the shiny rate is a bit off chart in my game, basically I get a shiny every 5 fights, or even less lol

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You can put it like 1/512, it's not unfairly low chance like the original but it gives a good chance to find more than one in one playthrough! Also appreciated Bridget as a fairy gym leader lol

But either way, do as you see fit, it's your game afterall ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    Hello c:! Sorry if this was already asked but are you planning on making a challenge mode in the future? Would love to play this on higher difficulty much like how Ultimate Crystal does it (Full gym parties and competitive move sets)

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    You can put it like 1/512, it's not unfairly low chance like the original but it gives a good chance to find more than one in one playthrough! Also appreciated Bridget as a fairy gym leader lol

But either way, do as you see fit, it's your game afterall ;)
    1/512 seems great, but I have no idea how to put it to that since the way shinies are determined isn't with a single defined number. I am clueless on what to change in the code to make it that rate

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Hello c:! Sorry if this was already asked but are you planning on making a challenge mode in the future? Would love to play this on higher difficulty much like how Ultimate Crystal does it (Full gym parties and competitive move sets)
    I am not planning on it, but I will consider it for the next update. I don't feel like it's neccessary since I did try to make the movesets pretty good for all the major fights

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    1/512 seems great, but I have no idea how to put it to that since the way shinies are determined isn't with a single defined number. I am clueless on what to change in the code to make it that rate
    fair enough don't worry ;) Coding is hard, that's why I only "play" videogames ahaha

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    Hi, this is a great expreience, the sprites and colors are so nice, as qell as the QOL updates, I wanted to know if the shiny odds are different somehow or increased? One of my very first encounters before the pokeballs were given to me was a shiny Sentret.

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Hi, this is a great expreience, the sprites and colors are so nice, as qell as the QOL updates, I wanted to know if the shiny odds are different somehow or increased? One of my very first encounters before the pokeballs were given to me was a shiny Sentret.
    Hi, thanks for your interest! Yes, the shiny odds have been increased, but due to my lack of deep coding and math skills, I don't know how high the odds truly are. It's probably 1/100 or less, but I can't say specifically.

Back