• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Simulacra!

Are you content with the graphics of this hack?

• No, new tiles and palettes are needed.

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Yes, everything works well with each other.

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • There are only a few things that should change. (Specify in post)

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    I like the tiles.
    Very nice.
    On route 202, are those Pineco?

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    I kinda like both trees... I wish you could show us a map shot (or a partial map shot) so we could see more of how the trees look in contrast to the surroundings... ^^;;

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Well, I think I am keeping the old trees. For starters, I like them and how they work with the palettes better. And the fact that I encountered a problem while working with the ROM with the new tiles on. Anyways, here's some updates that some of you may enjoy.

Pokémon Simulacra!
    Pokémon Simulacra!
    Pokémon Simulacra!

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    I do hope you plan to implement dynamic weather of some sort, and day/night if that's possible. Further, if you do, perhaps you could separate it further, with morning and twilight times?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    I do hope you plan to implement dynamic weather of some sort, and day/night if that's possible. Further, if you do, perhaps you could separate it further, with morning and twilight times?
    FR/LG only posesses a Time Clock.
    There is no Real Time Clock in FR/LG, so that would not be possible. Or maybe HackMew has something stored for us?

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    FR/LG only posesses a Time Clock.
    There is no Real Time Clock in FR/LG, so that would not be possible. Or maybe HackMew has something stored for us?
    Sadly 3rd gen games were a bit of a letdown there, but I was just asking anyhow. We can hope, eh?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm surprised I still haven't commented on this... >>;
    /me slaps self.

Anyways, this is looking great! :D
    The tiles and palettes are excellent.

I love the new trees, as well
    And the palettes are fine to me~

I wish you luck on and and can't wait to play~

PS: I hope you have someone to finish the OW sheet for the Male Protagonist.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Darn, that's a shame x.x Hmm...as I assume it's based on the same engine as Ruby/Sapphire...could you pull it from their data somehow? (I'm a prospective physics major, not a programmer XD sorry)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Darn, that's a shame x.x Hmm...as I assume it's based on the same engine as Ruby/Sapphire...could you pull it from their data somehow? (I'm a prospective physics major, not a programmer XD sorry)
    You could copy the data in a Hex Editor, but don't quote me, I'm just giving away ideas.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I'm fairly certain dynamic weather is possible on Fire Red. I think I've seen a video of it but, I have no idea how it would be done. If I knew how, I would definitely do it.
    It's just a randomization level script.
    And trust me, Alice doesn't know how to do it.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    I think it was hack mew who made a asm script allowing you to change the time of the day depending on your play time....ya it was him
    heres the link to his vid, clicky ^.^

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'm fairly certain dynamic weather is possible on Fire Red. I think I've seen a video of it but, I have no idea how it would be done. If I knew how, I would definitely do it.

I could do that, if needed.

It's just a randomization level script.
    And trust me, Alice doesn't know how to do it.

^ that, but it's simple enough to make it seem more.. related? Like, if it just snowed, I could probably make it so that it doesn't go to sunny right away. ;3

I think I could also make a fake RTC as well; just need to figure out how to take data from the play time, which I think might involve ASM, but I'm not sure. xD

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Would a randomization script completely randomize the weather? Because I wouldn't want like snow in the desert or something. I'm not a really good scripter guys so I'm not sure really how it works.

There should be updates soon. Once I get the new lab tiles inserted, then I will showcase the starter script by Alice. ^_^

Back