• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Special (Adventures) Scans and Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverGlaceon

Fantasy is better than Reality
    Years
    Hello, I'm new here. Well, I made my profile like a week ago, but I was to shy at first to post anything. Anyway, this thread was way to good to resist. The end of emerald is tomorrow! I cant wait! Pokespecial is one of the best manga i've ever read. I wonder, is anyone going to scan it? I'm not resquesting though! I just wanted to know. All 10 dex holders in a big and(hopefully action packed)battle? Its a dream come true!

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
    Years
    ^ HI!*Looks at avatar* I like Lugia too!
    In Japan it's already Nov. 27....Luckies-_-
    I think Ryan said he was going to scan it. I can't wait to see it! I was sooo upset when they turned to stone(I think most people were), I can't wait to see them revived again! ^_^

Years
    ^ Me too! Welcome to PC, SilverGlaceon!
    I'm so excited for tomorrow, because of Pokespecial, AND, Thanksgiving! The day where its an excuse to drink gravy. 8D

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009
    ^ Me too! Welcome to PC, SilverGlaceon!
    I'm so excited for tomorrow, because of Pokespecial, AND, Thanksgiving! The day where its an excuse to drink gravy. 8D

tomorrows thanksgiving? seriously?..........were do i live?(curious not stalker-like) lol gravy.....well i'm newish 2 so welcome silverglaceon!

SilverGlaceon

Years
    What a warm welcome! =) Lugia's a cool pokemon, and its a pretty good avatar too! People in Japan ARE lucky. Wish i lived there...I almost forgot that tomorrow was Thanksgiving! With everything thats happening, its a bit hard to keep track!

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    Hello There Everyone. I Recently Created An Account On This Site And Wondered What The Fuss Was About And When I Found Out That A Certain Person Was Actually Translating And Scanning The Manga Of PokeSpe I immediately registered just to say Thank You For Your Hard Work Keep Translating

SilverGlaceon

Years
    Why wouldn't people join? PC is awesome! There are nice, cool people here, and we get to talk about pokemon and other things, with people that actually understand what a pokemon is. ( My friends don't know what it is, and dont really care or like it. It makes me so MAD!! This is like, one of the only places where I can talk about pokemon and NOT get laughed at.) >_<

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    Why wouldn't people join? PC is awesome! There are nice, cool people here, and we get to talk about pokemon and other things, with people that actually understand what a pokemon is. ( My friends don't know what it is, and dont really care or like it. It makes me so MAD!! This is like, one of the only places where I can talk about pokemon and NOT get laughed at.) >_<

ANOTHER soul sister!!!!!!! Welcome to PC! I'm the over-sarcastic girl who never conforms with people her own age at school^^

Sea Guardian

Years
    I know right? The only other person who will talk about pokemon with me is my brother but I don't really want to talk to him, he's weird XP

SilverGlaceon

Years
    Aren't most sibilings a bit weird? My little brother likes pokemon, but he's REALLY annoying. I mean, REALLY, REALLY annoying! Only one of my friends likes pokemon, but she's not that crazy about it, like me. ^_^ Her only true flaw in liking pokemon is that she likes the anime alot, and she barely knows anything about the manga, only things I have told her. It's really sad, I mean she's really missing out, not even trying to read the manga. =(

Sea Guardian

Years
    Aren't most sibilings a bit weird?
    True.
    Only one of my friends likes pokemon, but she's not that crazy about it, like me. ^_^
    Very true!
    Her only true flaw in liking pokemon is that she likes the anime alot, and she barely knows anything about the manga, only things I have told her. It's really sad, I mean she's really missing out, not even trying to read the manga. =(
    OMG! It's like you're inside my head!_^

P.S. I reach 100 posts!^_^

Last edited:

Aine

♫ ✰ queen's ★ knight ✰ ♫
    Years
    Thank you! Thank you! I've been waiting for it! ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    Hmm... Just dropped in here myself as well...

Many thanks Wallace/Ryan (not sure what to call you). I trust very few people in my life, and consequently, trust even fewer people on the internet. Thus, I prefer to keep a low profile, and avoid getting involved with the whole online-social interaction business. However, after reading the comments of this thread, it was brought to my attention that, despite all the effort you put into translating the manga, I was doing nothing to show my appreciation.

For the most part, one can get away with this on the internet. Cyber space is so vast that there is a very good chance that the opinion of one will be voiced at some point by another. However, as the saying goes, it's the thought that counts.

I did not come to fully appreciate the Pokemon Adventures comics until recently, when I realized that the series had not terminated after the seventh volume. I enjoyed watching the series continue on, watch the characters change and ultimately, see the series grow up, painting a much more mature picture of the Pokemon world.

Had it not been for the efforts of people such as Ryan, I never have been given the privilege of enjoying the series in it's entirety. It is a shame that people cannot be as appreciative of the time and effort it takes to work between the language gap(s), but perhaps we can take comfort in knowing that my opinion likely coincides with that of one, two, or maybe a dozen others out there. The Internet is a realm of darkness, but the few who decide to bring light to those who search for it should not be ignored.

I apologize if I am to long-winded.

Best wishes,

-Red_K

Last edited:

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    Hmm... Just dropped in here myself as well...

Many thanks Wallace/Ryan (not sure what to call you). I trust very few people in my life, and consequently, trust even fewer people on the internet. Thus, I prefer to keep a low profile, and avoid getting involved with the whole online-social interaction business. However, after reading the comments of this thread, it was brought to my attention that, despite all the effort you put into translating the manga, I was doing nothing to show my appreciation.

For the most part, one can get away with this on the internet. Cyber space is so vast that there is a very good chance that the opinion of one will be voiced at some point by another. However, as the saying goes, it's the thought that counts.

I did not come to fully appreciate the Pokemon Adventures comics until recently, when I realized that the series had not terminated after the seventh volume. I enjoyed watching the series continue on, watch the characters change and ultimately, see the series grow up, painting a much more mature picture of the Pokemon world.

Had it not been for the efforts of people such as Ryan, I never have been given the privilege of enjoying the series in it's entirety. It is a shame that people cannot be as appreciative of the time and effort it takes to work between the language gap(s), but perhaps we can take comfort in knowing that my opinion likely coincides with that of one, two, or maybe a dozen others out there. The Internet is a realm of darkness, but the few who decide to bring light to those who search for it should not be ignored.

I apologize if I am to long-winded.

Best wishes,

-Red_K

Oh my God.

People actually still post thoughtful things on the Internet using proper grammer! Hurray! Welcome to PC. Expect a lot of caustic comments from me^_^

Sea Guardian

Years
    @Red_k: Hi! Welcome to PC! Let me say thanks for apreciating(sp?) Ryan's work. I know everyone does but yours was especially nice!
    By the way, talking to people online is fun! As long as no one asks you your real name or where you live, you're go to go!(Not that anyone has asked me stuff like that anywhere, nevermind PC. O.O)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back