• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Squared

Mumei

Pokédork
Years
  • Pokémon Squared is a brand new Pokémon fansite dedicated to providing a more creative experience than your average fansite. We just started about a month ago, and thusly there's very little content so far. I'm working on it, though.

Pokémon Squared

Questions? Comments? Ratings & reviews would be very much appreciated.

Integra Hellsing

The Convention of Twelve
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    The website looks nice, it is perfectly ordered and the CSS and XHTML are fully valid. I can say that the layout is interesting, because you did use the sprites from the Pokemon games, however couldn't you apply some different background for the posts, and a different one for the main container? Like keep the grass as it is now, and behind the posts to use the ground/dirt background, which would add a wider variation as in colors and what the user can see. It does look nice, even thought for the banner I would have used some more - pokemon styled colors.

That's all. Overall I believe its nice, as an idea and layout.

PS: Ninjask looks nice as a pokemon image, however you can't use a different one for the contact or affiliate?

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Layout
    Your layout nails all the basics, having clear navigation, easy to read text, and validating as valid XHTML and CSS is icing on the take.

OK, so your layout isn't the best I've seen: it doesn't stick out as an amazing work of art or graphics. Aesthetically, it's slightly above average. But I'll say this: it's original. I'll remember it, and associate it with your site. You've taken a simple concept and turned it into something original. The sort of thing that makes me think, "I can't believe this hasn't been done before!"

[ 4½ / 5 ]

Atmosphere
    You speak eloquently and compellingly, you avoid making grammatical errors, and you have a distinct style of writing. I really enjoyed reading your theories. The only reason this rating is a 4 and not a 5 is because you haven't had the opportunity to build up this atmosphere with a large quantity of content, even though the quality's there.

[ 4 / 5 ]

Uniqueness
    Your site has elements of uniqueness. Although it doesn't seem to be filling any particular void, your layout, style of writing, interesting theories, and Pokéball Quiz are all quite original. It's like "generic originality", oxymoronically enough, which is perfectly alright. Just continue down this road, implementing your original ideas as you go along, and eventually you'll have a large collection of unique content. ^^

[ 4 / 5 ]

General Content
    I had prepared a special case in my score sheet in case I ran into a site like yours, where the individual scores of creative, interactive, and informative content would be dismal separately, even though this wouldn't fairly represent the quality of your site.

You have some interesting stuff. Your theories are very creative, your hexadecimal tutorial is well explained (although, as I'm already familiar with radices, I'm probably not the best person to judge), and your quiz is interesting. You need to expand your content, and perhaps a little more depth and connection. I realise you're feeling your way around in the dark now, which is OK at the moment, and you've certainly made an impressive start.

[ 3½ / 5 ]

Overall
    There are no major issues that stick out for me with this site, except perhaps its need for more content. But even then, it is not urgent. Just get some more content up of the same quality that you're producing now, and you'll be sailing smooth. Apart from that, it's just a few nuts and bolts that need tightening. Very impressive, overall. :)

[ 4 / 5 ]

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • I really love the idea of how you did the main design^^
    However Oak and Co. don't ever have the chance to leave this isle in their live again xD (except they have a Pokémon knowing Fly) because there's no ledge =)

Also it seems you have at least basic HTML/CSS/PHP knowledge and that's of course something good.

You should add padding-left for the headings on the left because they are too much on the left in my opinion. Also think of a way how to style the list items there. You can replace the bulls e.g. with a Poké Ball just like your favicon.

Also try to think of a styling of your news content or of your content overall. Actually atm it's a bit too plain I guess. Your content overall is not that bad =)

(d'')d

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Just saying, but I LOVE the idea for the layout. xD; Fantastic concept. The header needs to be more... detailed. I'd include some buildings maybe? Ponds, wild grass, etc. The header is too bland imo. At least a faded Pokeball or something. xD

Excellent concept though. Very original.

Back