• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Subzero Edition

Soulweaver

a mirage
Years
  • Hi everybody!

As I've been developing ideas in my head for a week now, I think I have enough material to tell about my new, upcoming Pokémon hack called Pokémon Subzero.

What is it?
    Generally, Pokémon Subzero is a hack of an English Pokémon FireRed ROM, and it will be published as usual in an IPS file.

When it will come out?
    Not in a while: I have some plans, but I've barely made any changes to the ROM yet. I'm also relatively new when it comes to hacking so when problems arise the progress may be very slow.

What about the region?
    The game is located in the Sosles region which consists of various different-sized islands. Temperatures vary within the region: the west parts are much colder than the ones in the east. Because of the size of the region, the islands are divided on two maps. In my current map draft there are 21 cities/towns, 28 land routes and 24 sea routes.

The first rough plot draft
    Spoiler:

Progress
    Not much done yet...
    * The first script written and working.
    * New regional Pokédex order set up.
    * Title screen editing started.
    * Mapleseed City and Route L01 maps completed.
    * Some things organized in advance
    - Some maps reconnected to represent the 1st island of the game.
    - Eastern Sosles tilemap inserted

Next I'm going to continue with the 1st island scripts, removing the old scripts and map details at the same time.

Last words
    Please ask if you have anything you want to know - I'll answer if it's something I've already thought of and if I like to reveal that information :P

I'll publish more information about this game later in the blog I made for this game: https://pkmnsubzero.blogspot.com/ :)
    EDIT @ 31st October: I added some Pokémon you will see on the Eastern Sosles for you to read on the blog! Go check it out!

Please post a comment and tell what you think of this project! I'd like to get at least some kind of response!

Last edited:
    Back