• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I believe that it was said earlier that the player can get to the orange islands by boat, plane, or surfing. This stirred a thought in my head. Will the boat and plane have a real time clock and you have to wait for several days in the real world for the boat or plane to land in the orange islands? And if you choose to surf, will there be small islands that you could stop at with pokecenters on them? If it is just one really long stretch, it would be almost impossible due to the amount of wild pokemon out in the open sea.

Highly doubtful.
    I'm sure you would just sail right away.
    Who would want to stay on a boat for 7 days?

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
    Many parts of the game seem very realistic though, so I was wondering if this part would be realistic also. Anyway, it is just an idea that I put out, wheather it is used or not will not change the game much, and it is up the staff to decide upon

qw

Years
    I mean that, since n you hotel rooms, you can have furniture, and there will be local store with furnitre, the its almost obvious there will be stores with the furniture i made. i suppose Cap. Arcane will let me choose where the store with my furniture is, but the question here is: On the store, will the person who sells be any ramdom one? or will it be actually me, with my nickname, overowrld of my choice, ect.
    If yes, this is epic, helpers actually get to be an npc in the game, if yes, i also suppose everyone here who helps will have a house on a city since there are so many cities, just to fill the houses!!

wat do you mean, that does not make any sense. please explain more clearly.

Years
    Many parts of the game seem very realistic though, so I was wondering if this part would be realistic also. Anyway, it is just an idea that I put out, wheather it is used or not will not change the game much, and it is up the staff to decide upon

To decide if ideas are used?
    Sure i guess, we can put a strong suggestion forth an idea, but ultimately the decision rests on CA.

Atomic Reactor

That idea is actually really good. That would make things more realistic.
    For boating, i guess you could like fish and battle wild pokemon on your way their.
    Or there could be minigames and such... idk how exactly to pass the time. Unless you took a cruise ship. then you could battle passengers. :P

Atomic Reactor

it probably wouldnt be a week. it would be like an hour or 2.
    people would get to pissy if it lasted a week.

Years
    Exactly, maybe even half an hour.
    I know i would be pissed if i had to wait a week on a boat for a video game! =)
    Maybe the whole waiting thing would be stuck in as an online feature so you can hang out with your friends?
    That'd make it better.

Like, "Hey atomic reactor wanna go for a boat ride? we can really use some training"
    "sure blazers, your the best!"

Atomic Reactor

except thats not how the convo would go...
    "Hey atomic, i wish i were you!"
    "Well thanks bud, but thats kinda wierd"

lol.
    that could maybe just be like, an option. maybe have minigames on the trips and stuff.
    you know, to like kill time.

Saiya-jin

This Toyshops Goin To War
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    I think if you did the boats and planes like that, you should have it like in the games where you have the option to sleep until the end of the trip.

Years
    Mhm good ideas.
    I'm sure this is something CA will look into.
    Ill tell him to look into some of these next time we chat.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Vehicles exist because they are a means of getting to your destination faster than walking/journeying there. By making a boat, or some other vehicle take a substantial amount of time would completely take away the reason for having them in the game in the first place.

Someone mentioned something about the makers having their own houses/shops, etc... That will not happen. No one in there right mind would like to stay on a game constantly, and keep track of a shop, I'm not saying you can seel things in this game, but having you very own shop in a city or something is kinda crazy. It's almost like the gym leader idea that so many peopel think would be good, but actually wouldn't; which is being able to become your own gym leader, but by being able to do so, you'd have to stay in a specific building 24/7/365. Which is out of the question.

Now, the idea of training is something I've considered from time to time, but it's very fragile. If we were to incorporate that, that would mean that you would no longer have to battle with wild pokemon or trainers to gain exp, which defeats a major purpose of the game.

Darkraza

The shadow of the Skies
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010

Ok so ppl dont seem to get what im saying
    all im saying is that i find very nice how makers of interior furniture will have their furniture on a store where ppl can buy and put on their hotel rooms, of course i wouldnt be in the game 24/7, there would be an npc in it... read this piece of the main page text:

This position entails the employer to create custom furniture, edits of pre-made furniture, as well as furniture styles. This position is very important because it works directly with the Hotel Feature of the game. It is these people who will make all the new, and unique styles of furniture that players will be able to collect, and place throughout their rooms. This position also goes hand in hand with the Interior Decorator position.

Does everyone understands it now?

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Ok so ppl dont seem to get what im saying
    all im saying is that i find very nice how makers of interior furniture will have their furniture on a store where ppl can buy and put on their hotel rooms, of course i wouldnt be in the game 24/7, there would be an npc in it... read this piece of the main page text:

This position entails the employer to create custom furniture, edits of pre-made furniture, as well as furniture styles. This position is very important because it works directly with the Hotel Feature of the game. It is these people who will make all the new, and unique styles of furniture that players will be able to collect, and place throughout their rooms. This position also goes hand in hand with the Interior Decorator position.

Does everyone understands it now?

I understand what you are saying. And the answer to that question is still "no." Furniture will be sold in furniture stores, any staff member who would make furniture would not get their own store. There would be different types of furniture stores, but a designer would not get their own store.

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
    On a different aspect of the transportation system, would the ships and airplanes be normal sized in aspect to the player, very large, or rather small

If it is hard to get this because of the wording, will the interior size of the airplanes and boats be realistic, or a more gamer friendly size?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back