• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    i havent expressed correctly :p after thinking, ive found some other problems..
    for example, in a place that requires an HM to advance (like CUT), and you dont have it, but another player there have, if he/she uses it, then you would be able to advance without the HM... i think there will be a system to prevent that, but...?

Simply making trees be based on your computer rather than the server would cover that problem. So only you would see the tree leave and you be able to walk through it.

Waudby

Simply making trees be based on your computer rather than the server would cover that problem. So only you would see the tree leave and you be able to walk through it.

If it's only seen on your screen wouldn't that look so strange on another person's screen?beside if you look at my last post, this would give the option to have the bush "regrow", so that anyone with cut can walk through til the bush regrows maybe 5 seconds later.

A little bit easier to script as well i think.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    If it's only seen on your screen wouldn't that look so strange on another person's screen?beside if you look at my last post, this would give the option to have the bush "regrow", so that anyone with cut can walk through til the bush regrows maybe 5 seconds later.

A little bit easier to script as well i think.

You put your post in at the same time as I did, so I didn't notice it ;_;

You have a better idea, and it makes sense.

Waudby

I didn't realise we posted at nearly the same time.

I would like to speak to CA about how he is doing his networking in Sphere, as I wanna add a small network script to POKéMON: Odyssey for the trading.

Would be interesting to see how it's all done as it's one of the most unknown areas of sphere.

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
    Years
    will there something be available like the GTS in Diamond and Pearl ? that would so rock.

anyway, i read the whole cut a tree plot here, and i think i have a solution:
    if a player would cut a tree, he can walk thought the space, yes ? but another player would take adventage of it by walking through without cut... and a pop-up on the screen saying 'a magical force stops you from walking here without the HM cut' seems... rather... special... so maybe if the player has cut the tree, he would automaticly walk through the space and right behind him the tree would grow back.

:)

Oh and captain are you also going to include La Rousse City ? (the city from the 7th movie: Desiny Deoxys!)
    and Alamos Town ? (from the 10th movie: The Rise Of Darkrai!)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

well, judging by CA's world map, Hoenn is far to the west and wont even come close to Cianwood.
    Although, that would be kinda cool if you connected the two. or put something on the other side of the island.

Toph

Years
    well, judging by CA's world map, Hoenn is far to the west and wont even come close to Cianwood.
    Although, that would be kinda cool if you connected the two. or put something on the other side of the island.

if you read the description near the world map, then you would know its only a prototype version of the map, the Captain is still working on the real one.

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
    Years
    dont think cianwood and evergrande are on the same island... dont have any proof, thats just what i think...
    ive once heard hoenn is south of jotho/kanto continent...

Just take a map of japan to see where all the area's should be located. Hoenn is based on Kyushu, so it's located south west of Johto, which is based on the Kansai region and the western part of Chubu. but the two are not conected, unless the Chugoku and Shikoku regions are non existant in the pokemon world. but even then Cianwood and Evergrande would not be on the same island.

It's not verry clear but al regions are links, click on them to see where they are.
    Also, this bulbapedia article lists all regions and their real world relations.

hehe, and about the Captains world map, I'll accept no matter how he designs it, but I already said once that since the pokemon world is based (at least partially) on Japan that it ammuses me to see 'Japan' deformed like that xD
    however, like Toph already mentioned, there is a revised version in the making.

Last edited:

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
    Years
    ok... it is NOT clear, but if you say, i belive.

also, would be strange that from the sixth-seventh gym of jotho you could go to the league of hoenn...

now a question: is there going to be an order for the regions or you can go from kanto to sinnoh, for example?

Atomic Reactor

if you read the description near the world map, then you would know its only a prototype version of the map, the Captain is still working on the real one.

Well, according to the PROTOTYPE the 2 places are not connected <_<

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    The Starter Factor
    Many have been wondering what happens when you get your starter Pokemon. When you start out, Prof. Oak gives you a choice between Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander. Then after you defeat the Indigo Plateau, you will venture to the Sevii and Orange Islands. But, after your journey threw the Orange Islands, you then go to Johto, but the Pokemon Level Cap will be set at 20. So, any Pokemon above level 20 that you bring to Johto will not obey you, and so on and so forth.

Level Cap Regions
    Kanto, Sevii Islands, Orange Islands
    Johto
    Hoenn,Orre
    Sinnoh, Fiore
    This was "mysteriously" found on the first page.

I want to remind you all, that if any of your questions aren't answered in the first post, than they probably haven't been decided yet.

Toph

Years
    I think he means if you can find pokésfrom other regions in kanto for example...

I think this will be possible after you've done both of the regions.
    At least i think thats what it is...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back