• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    question about the sprites again -
    so does this mean that the guilds aren't going to be incorportated? or did i post that on another thread and am getting confused

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    No, I don't think there are going to be any guilds. Wrong post, sorry. (I think, anyway.)

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    I've been watching this game for about 2 months, and it's amazing. I've always wanted to see a game with all of the regions in it. The maps and the snowfall are amazing! Keep up the great work!

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    I've just had a bunch of ideas. For the Sevii Islands, you could have this sort of thing where you have to search for the Gym Leader. What you would do would be to look for someone in the Pokemon Center, and follow the instructions. Every time you got to a person who would tell you your next destination in your search for the leader, you would have to battle them to know where to go next. Neat, huh?

It's one flaw is that you would need Surf in some places, so you would need stuff like Surf won with the Two Island badge. But to do that, you would need a water type, or at least a Pokemon that could learn Surf. So that could mean you would need to have set starters to confirm that you could use Surf. Either that, or get the Old Rod and/or Good Rod rather early.

So guys, what do you think?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I've just had a bunch of ideas. For the Sevii Islands, you could have this sort of thing where you have to search for the Gym Leader. What you would do would be to look for someone in the Pokemon Center, and follow the instructions. Every time you got to a person who would tell you your next destination in your search for the leader, you would have to battle them to know where to go next. Neat, huh?

It's one flaw is that you would need Surf in some places, so you would need stuff like Surf won with the Two Island badge. But to do that, you would need a water type, or at least a Pokemon that could learn Surf. So that could mean you would need to have set starters to confirm that you could use Surf. Either that, or get the Old Rod and/or Good Rod rather early.

So guys, what do you think?

That doesn't really make for a really good idea, no offense.

Plus, remember that the Sevii Islands will be remapped, so the maps will probably not even look the same as they do in FR/LG

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Oh.

Just to make sure, are certain overlooked areas from the games still going to be part of the maps? Like Treasure Beach, from the Sevii Islands. (Never really noticed it for ages, until I found that you could Surf past the harbor on One Island.) It doesn't really matter, I just want to know.

Also, I think that it's a good idea, having custom music. I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I think it would be worthwhile, and I hope that Arcane accepts it.

One last thing: How will we be able to get all three of the Johto starters? Would we get them all at once when we start playing in the Johto region, or could we get each one over a length of time, or would we only get the one? Once again, it doesn't really matter, I just want to know.

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
    Years
  • getting all three starters

a possible suggestion for getting all three starters in any region is that you CAN get them by doing some mini-quests for npcs like: "help, team rocket stole my Butterfree" and to thank you, you recieve "Bulbasaur".
    or this one: "Help, the squirtle-gang is causing trouble", defeat the gang, after you reported that, the leader of the gang folowes you and joines your group. (if the party is full, it would be transported to your PC)

NOTE: these are all suggestions, it is up to Capt. Arcane if this feature joins the game.

Years
  • Hey, nice game i love the maps. I also like the idea of having all the regions.
    Also wats a sound extractor do? Does he rip audio from other games. Or make and compose music? I'd like to know to see if i am capable of helping.

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Alright, I've posted part of the beggining of the games story So go and read it, if you know whats good for you. I'll post it here also.
    Story:
    You get a letter from your mother, who lives in Pallet Town, informing you that Prof. Oak is giving aspiring Pokemon trainers one of three choose able Pokemon to begin their Pokemon Trainer Adventure. She encourages you to come visit and stay at her house for the night and go see Prof. Oak in the morning.

You arrive at your mother's house by taxi, and she runs out of the house excited to see you. As you are about to step inside, a neighbor happens to see you while walking by and happily welcomes you back to Pallet Town. After the conversation, the neighbor then leaves for home, and you and your mother step inside. As you do, a commercial for Prof. Oak's Pokemon Trainer Initiation comes on the TV. Your mother turns up the volume and tells you to pay attention.

"Attention all aspiring Pokemon trainers, tomorrow is the big day. Prof Oak will be holding a Pokemon Trainer Initiation at his laboratory in Pallet Town early tomorrow morning, so you better be ready and get their early before he runs out of Pokemon! There are three available Pokemon to chose from, Bulbasaur, the grass Pokemon, Charmander, the fire Pokemon, and Squirtle, the water Pokemon. So remember, get to bed early, and be ready for a long a hard day, goodnight, and good luck to you all."

As your mother turns the TV volume back down, she starts to speak, but just as she is about to, the phone rings. She picks up the phone and says that it's for you. You pick up the phone to discover that its Gary!

"Hey looser, I guess it's true, you are back in town. Your not planning on coming to my grandpa's lab tomorrow morning to get a Pokemon, are you? Well, it doesn't matter; you probably don't even know what the good kinds are! Ha, well either way, my grandpa's giving me a special Pokemon that no one else can get! So I guess I'll see you tomorrow, if you can handle it! Looser!"

You hang up the phone, irritated by Gary, and your mother tells you not to worry about it and that maybe you should get to bed. As you agree, you walk up the stairs and head for bed. You walk in your room to find everything neatly placed, organized and just how you remembered it, and you then go to bed.

Alright, ferrarib0y, you asked what a sounf extracter is. It a person who extracts music and sounds from pokemon games, emerald, leaf, fire, diamond and pearl to be exact. Now, a pesron cantacted me about a month in a half ago about this posistion, and said that he would do it for me, but I haven't heard from him since, but I'm still waiting, because I gave him a long list of things to extract. But, if I don't here from him with a few weeks, I'll consider finding a new sound extracter.

Now, about custom music. Explain, do you mean music from other games, or actually made up custom music?

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    Alright, I've posted part of the beggining of the games story So go and read it, if you know whats good for you. I'll post it here also.
    Story:
    You get a letter from your mother, who lives in Pallet Town, informing you that Prof. Oak is giving aspiring Pokemon trainers one of three choose able Pokemon to begin their Pokemon Trainer Adventure. She encourages you to come visit and stay at her house for the night and go see Prof. Oak in the morning.

You arrive at your mother's house by taxi, and she runs out of the house excited to see you. As you are about to step inside, a neighbor happens to see you while walking by and happily welcomes you back to Pallet Town. After the conversation, the neighbor then leaves for home, and you and your mother step inside. As you do, a commercial for Prof. Oak's Pokemon Trainer Initiation comes on the TV. Your mother turns up the volume and tells you to pay attention.

"Attention all aspiring Pokemon trainers, tomorrow is the big day. Prof Oak will be holding a Pokemon Trainer Initiation at his laboratory in Pallet Town early tomorrow morning, so you better be ready and get their early before he runs out of Pokemon! There are three available Pokemon to chose from, Bulbasaur, the grass Pokemon, Charmander, the fire Pokemon, and Squirtle, the water Pokemon. So remember, get to bed early, and be ready for a long a hard day, goodnight, and good luck to you all."

As your mother turns the TV volume back down, she starts to speak, but just as she is about to, the phone rings. She picks up the phone and says that it's for you. You pick up the phone to discover that its Gary!

"Hey looser, I guess it's true, you are back in town. Your not planning on coming to my grandpa's lab tomorrow morning to get a Pokemon, are you? Well, it doesn't matter; you probably don't even know what the good kinds are! Ha, well either way, my grandpa's giving me a special Pokemon that no one else can get! So I guess I'll see you tomorrow, if you can handle it! Looser!"

You hang up the phone, irritated by Gary, and your mother tells you not to worry about it and that maybe you should get to bed. As you agree, you walk up the stairs and head for bed. You walk in your room to find everything neatly placed, organized and just how you remembered it, and you then go to bed.

Alright, ferrarib0y, you asked what a sounf extracter is. It a person who extracts music and sounds from pokemon games, emerald, leaf, fire, diamond and pearl to be exact. Now, a pesron cantacted me about a month in a half ago about this posistion, and said that he would do it for me, but I haven't heard from him since, but I'm still waiting, because I gave him a long list of things to extract. But, if I don't here from him with a few weeks, I'll consider finding a new sound extracter.

Now, about custom music. Explain, do you mean music from other games, or actually made up custom music?

good just some grammer errors
    in gary;s quote
    looser should be loser
    the first your should be you are or you're
    snouf should be sound(last paragraph)

im not rly a grammer freak but since its for the story it should be correct

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • um id like to say that people who make there own games are better at it than rom hackers. sorry for the language and only 10 posts in i'll get banned oh well. rom hackers are lazy shits. ah there i said it im ok. if you have a hack rom the quality is a bit but come on hacking a rom means you know how the roads are what oh no the hackers are coming run run for your disrespectful souls ahhh sounds of pitchforks stabbing and gunshonts

Bakun

Not active here.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    I'll be a pokemon sprite variant maker! i just sent u a PM with an exaple of my work...
    Reply...

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    Fantastic game Capt. I've been trolling the forums for the past two weeks playing all the games in which i can actually play more than an hour or so.

One thing that i am curious about, having just read all the posts in this thread, is how are battles and moves going to be laid out?

I noticed that you mentioned that its going to be as close to the original games as possible. However given the scope, i would hope that you would somehow allow pokemon learn and retain, say, 6 moves? As you seem to be closely following the anime i think that would be more realistic.

Additionally it would make the game that much more interesting. Whenever i play, i just seem to have moves like hyper beam, ice beam, etc etc all the specials, at the end of the journey. It would be nice to have the flexibility.

For example, lets just use pikachu. It would be nice to be able to use the 3 different electric attacks of varying strength, plus volt tackle, quick attack, and agility. You would use the varying electric attacks to help catch pokemon and/or battle and it would increase the scope of strategy in the game in line with the anime.

One last thing, will it be possible to have more then one status problems at once? Ie poisoned AND paralyzed? I mean having max two would be good.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    what he said gave me an idea actually that you could use ...
    if you're in a wild pokemon battle, could you alter the power of your attacks? kinda like when you pull a punch? make it easier to capture pokemon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back